1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream Valley Mini Discussion Thread

Feb 7, 2018

1. My vine has er... 14mm I think, they're quite flat eyes and don't gape too badly, but i'm fairly accustomed to eye gaping as most of my dolls have at least a little of it. I find flat eyes tend to fit a bit better anyway, rather than the full rounds that come with the dolls. Also the full rounds make things a bit cramped in there with the s hook as well heh.

2. Autumn and Runeleaf in spring.
      [​IMG]

3. I’m looking to buy my first new bid in nine years and dream valley has absolutely stolen my heart...

would anyone happen to know if the Alison and Alison II are the same sculpt with different makeup? Or is the sculpt different?

I was looking to get the b4 - o6 body with an Alison head but I like the look of Alison II and can’t tell if it’s the same mold....

4. I believe they are the same mold but different make-up. Because if you look at their official website under heads, they just have renewed photos. Maybe there is slight difference that they improved but I can't be 100% sure.

I really love what they redid with Alison and hope to get her in the future.

5. thank you! I know, she just looks so sweet and lovely!

6. Does anyone know if one can purchase the wings on the B4-06 body separately? They're gorgeous but the whole body doesn't quite fit my plans.

7. The issue with purchasing the wings separately is that they need to be strung into the doll. If you're willing to mod and dremel holes in your future doll, email Dream Valley! They are pretty good at responding though may be delayed because of holidays over there. :)

They let me purchase extra torso pieces before so I can have my doll without wings or with wings!

8. Crazy I wasn’t able to buy the torso with holes for my Rosa that came in the egg they said no. Did you go direct or through a broker? I would love to get the torso

9. Thank you! I'll try it. The fact that they're strung is actually the reason I want them, most of the wings i saw were attached with magnets and unposable.

10. Maybe it doesn't work as the opposite? I never asked for the oppsoite. I have bought the fairy Cecelia with holes in her back and the angel body with holes in the back but I asked if I can purchase a separate torso piece WITHOUT holes. They did say yes to me directly and through BJDivas.

Oh wonderful then! And yes, I love that they are strung. I know it may be a pain to others but the strung is the fun part! lol

Good luck! I hope they will sell you wings. :)

11. @sugarcactus - thank you for the info, maybe you're right, it really seemed odd you could not put the wings on her, just on the egg since her back has no holes. it even is a full set. growl. Her wings are very tightly strung, maybe because of a different distance with the egg involved. i wish i'd thought to ask for an additional Bethel torso with no holes when i bought him, but i asked for a Rosa torso so maybe that was the problem: not bought at the same time as the doll it goes with.

@A-Rouleau - i hope you get your wings too :)

12. If you purchased it through the dealer, maybe ask through them? If you purchased directly, try to show receipts and ask for a separate bust WITH holes. That does seem very odd that it was only for the egg and not her?? What?

Maybe you can ask for an additional bust for Bethel since I'm sure he has not shipped or been completed yet?

What drives me bonkers is I asked Dream Valley if they would make a male version of Rosa's body (when they have made Bethel) and they said they do not have plans!? Like WHY? I don't want the sculpted forearms, hands, calves, and feet. :(

13. I wasn’t able to buy the additional dragon wings when I ordered my dragon Cayes - they said no. : (
      The DV wings are really gorgeous and very posable. Now I asked them about a dragon girl - I hope they have a plan to do her. My boy need a girl!

14. Hello everyone from my new girl Rosa in this thread :blush
      Yesterday finally got my DV winged body, Rosa. Unfortunately there not much reviews from owners about her.
      Just one question, does anyone who got winged DV body, had some problems with their wings? My is always falling down under their weight, because of weak joints on the bends.. just wondering if sueding helps or not

[​IMG]

15. @Eva Brown Grats on your new girl. I can't comment on the wings as I don't have that body. However, I have a 3-arm body and after I had him re-strung (he was frighteningly tight to the point I was worried about damaging him by moving his joints), while he'd nicely/properly tight now, his arm doesn't hold poses quite as well as it did when the Incredible Hulk strung him. It has a tendency to droop somewhat under it's own weight so perhaps the same thing applies to the wings which are likely heavier than the 3rd arm?

16. I put some thick amature wire into the arm which helps a LOT.

17. I'm ok with the less... rigid posing of Kheima's arm as I'm not demanding of my dolls and it does what I want. But the armiture wire is a great suggestion @purple_monkfish

18. thank you @Iron_Dog , I already thought that probably I should re-string her. I’m terrifying to do this the first time , but broken joints is more sad thing can happen.
      Wire is great idea for hand of course, but with wings it will be complicate unfortunately, because only part which one attaching to the back is hollow.
      Thank you guys one more time

19. Hi Eva! I took mine off the egg, and the elastic is really tight for mine, but they still flop around a bit. because my Rosa came without the holes in her back, i am working on a way to make a hardness to wear the wings.

I'm going to give it a try to wire them, but the elastic channel is really narrow on the outer wing part. i'm looking for wire with a blunt end, maybe will have to use a flame torch to make a rounded edge to not damage the resin or the elastic. Since there isn't a locking ridge like DC's i wonder if l can get sueding to work and not show. if you try, please let us know your results!

i like your picture with the translucent background, and the pink wig looks really great!

20. @Grimalkin Hi ^^
      Thank you very much for reply! It’s really helpful.
      Yesterday I tried wire, but sad, doesn’t work good with her wings.
      I will try hot gluing her soon, and share result.

I saw your Rosa on Flickr, she is so lovely in fullset. Thank you for sharing her :love
      Other guys looks also cool, love to watch them :thumbup

Tags: