1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream Valley Mini Discussion Thread

Feb 7, 2018

1. ^^^ i also would love to see owner pics of DV grey

@Iron_Dog - ooo i feel so intrigued... :aeyepop:

2. @gaiboiozz I have ordered a dragon Collier in grey, but unless a miracle happens I won't receive her before several months... If you're not in a hurry to see, I will post a picture as soon as she arrives.

About the new release, I'm in love with the wolftaur body and the pawwwwws :D Not a fan of Chaos face though, I prefer Order's one! He would be a nice friend to my Collier... Temptation, temptation... I will try to resist:shudder

3. ^^^^ toe beans. a strong argument indeed. :lol:
      i'm Chaos all the way myself *haha* par for the course around my house...

4. I'm 100% an Order fan. :whee: Very tempted to do a layaway, but I'm conflicted about which resin to get (chocolate seems a bit uncertain, but it looks pretty from the little I've seen.)

5. @Grimalkin Intrigued by what, exactly? My grey resin weakness or the ridiculous number of dolls I'm hoarding (I'm currently at 66 dolls)? Or that so many of them are rarely seen in the wild? I am drawn to the unusual and my collection reflects that.

My rarest doll by numbers is Skerren who is an Akhmel Nathan in black resin (limited to 20 dolls worldwide). Kijika, AoD/LE Doll Adonis Collaboration, is next at 38 dolls worldwide. Mkhai is an Impl Miguel the Demon Hunter in grey and he was limited to 100 worldwide. I'm unsure how many heads were cast of Qayin (BiDoll CS) but I do know he was done exclusively for a Russia doll festival. A good number of my dolls are from closed companies and a bunch more have been long discontinued even though the company is still in business. A lot are also limited release.

6. ^^^ a little bit of everything tbh :lol:
      i definitely want to learn more about the greys, and i am fascinated by your unusual collection :love
      and, i seem to share your affliction for a village... it is always nice to be here on DOA and not be judged for that :whee:

7. Wasn't the gray resin released with the giraffe event? I can't remember when that was but it feels like it was pretty recent, I don't know that anyone would've received theirs yet.

BJDivas posted earlier today that they're talking with Dream Valley about making it possible to order the human and wolf parts in different colors. o:

8. i'm not sure either, when grey happened...

@xxkittymexx - Here are the pics i could take. I have come to realize my lighting situation needs fixing... I believe i will be finding some photography lights soon. I feel there is a yellow cast from these LED lights, and if i don't warm them up for at least 10 minutes, they are pink toned. so, i've tried to take a few different ones, and with and without flash. is it ok to put them here? or should i start a comparison thread and link to it? let me know and i'll fix it if need be.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Thanks @Haibanne (BTW thats my fav anime) I am thinking or ordering the wolftaur in grey.

10. @Grimalkin Thank you so much! I took the plunge and ordered B4-04 and B4-11 for my DZ Ivan and DC Agatha heads. :cheer The neck sizes seem like they might require some modding to fit (which is a bit scary), but at least the white skin should be a close match.

@gaiboiozz Are you planning to swap out the head, or do you have a preference between Chaos and Order?

11. @xxkittymexx - those may all surprise you and work out ok. the Agatha supposedly fits any DC K body, and they range from 5.5cm up to 7cm neck. i have B4-11 Rosa, and probably Nicola is the most similar to Agatha in size, i could check it for you tomorrow if you want. I don't have any experience with DZ's 1/4 size to offer though. the DV and DC white were nearly identical, only time separating them as they mellow. both creamy, not paper white.

i guess i've gotten everyone in now, unless i do something else stupid... :chomp:
      so here's a little spam of my DV group, props and all; had a little fun setting up this pic:
      There are three mini sized, so hopefully ok in here.
      [​IMG]

12. @Grimalkin That winged body is so cool. I love wings on a doll and have several winged guys but I almost never put their wings on them when photographing them because it's such a pain.

13. Thanks for sharing your experience with restringing. I've caved and ordered a Vine with the monster arm body and may need to take some of it apart to to the face-up work. So definitely finding the resinging talk here helpful in case I need to do that ;)

The wolf-taurs are interesting, they remind me of Maned Wolves so wondering if that's what they're based on? (I love Maned Wolves, they look so amazing when they walk with their deer legs) Btw, if anyone's looking to order one, Clover-Singing still has their 20% off DV dolls offer going so would be the cheapest place. Also they have the Rabbit dolls listed as something you can buy separately. I'm pleased with that as i've wanted an anthro rabbit doll for years and the DV ones are the first ones i've seen that really like :)

14. @Iron_Dog - you are absolutely correct - it's a big 'ol pain in the tuckus, but so worth it for Bethel :lol: the tennis racquet puller was the only reason i got them on him, he's strung so tight. he's currently sitting in his box like a vampire rising, with just the stumps attached, chopstick pieces holding the elastic, and wrapped in a blanket... that's how much i don't want to struggle to attach them again...

@xyuemoto - thank you :blush

on another note: i wasn't prepared for how much larger his wings are compared to Rosa's. Since hers came on the egg, she doesn't have holes in her back. i asked if i could buy the torso piece, since they included her human legs, why not the torso? but DV said no. maybe if i'd been able to order with the set at the beginning? I've used her wings with other dolls for photos though :thumbup

15. @Grimalkin The biggest wings I have are for one of my SD boys. They're made of resin and even though they're just the bone struts of the wings, they're quite heavy. They're also a bit cumbersome as they are static in an outspread position and don't bend/fold in any way. I had a pair of wings made for an MSD boy and those are worlds lighter and have some limited movement to open/close. 2 of my tinies have wings (Soom Fairies) and while they've not heavy they do interfere with some poses and sitting on something requires no back so the wings can sort of hang off the back if you know what I mean.

I really love the look of the DV wings and how poseable they seem. Unfortunately for me, I couldn't justify buying one of the dolls so I admire the pretty from afar.

16. i honestly thought i might put the second Vine head on that body, like a transformation version of him, as i wasn't sold on Bethel with the company face up. but, as it turns out, the blank head is actually pretty nice, and i like his ears. i had thought the horn was on magnets, so it was a surprise it is a part of the head. it's much harder to pose the big DC skeleton wings for sure. Bethel's came with a wire for the stubs closest to the body, but the ends are on S hooks, so i might have to explore, maybe pipe cleaners? to get a grip on the knuckle to help posing them. the DC bod is like that too, gotta have a backless chair or smth, if all the bits are on.

17. Uh, it's now possible to order the wolftaur boys with different color human and wolf parts. >_> Who else's wallet is in trouble? XD

18. @sno4wy my wallet was already in trouble with just all chocolate being an option, but now I need to decide if I want any variety in the wolf color :sweat It's a tough call, because I feel like I'd want to match the wig to the fur if it was distinct, and that could be slightly limiting

Tags: