1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream Valley Mini Discussion Thread

Feb 7, 2018

1. I'm telling myself not to do it, but I may cave and get an Order on long layaway.

I'm going to hold out until Sept and hope the mania fades before the 15th, but if it doesn't I won't be too upset. :p

2. Same, really! I'm probably going to cave and put him on a year layaway, but gonna try and hold out to September to get over the initial "Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!" feeling.

In other news, here's Camus being cute as always. I removed his secondary set of horns since they kept gently smacking his built in pair and getting marks on them. Helps with the wig fit too!
      [​IMG]

3. I love-love-love the wolftaur body and the chocolate resin but both heads have kind of pouty mouths that I worry I won't like in person. I wonder how an Elvish would look with a large carnivore body to suit his smol mildly-carnivorous smirk...

4. Autumn

[​IMG]

5. oooh! i love the color of his horns also in the kimono - beautiful :)

6. I'm planning to buy jointed hands for my Vine. Does anyone know which jointed hands suitable to match?

7. She looks really cool. My wallet is weeping tears of joy that it's a girl as I don't collect girls.

8. I’d like to know this too, I’ve been told the doll chateau hands fit. Though they aren’t as articulated as I hoped.

9. That bone vertebrae through the tail is boss, the spine ridges, and WOW those hands are AMAZING.
      Is she 1/4 sized? kinda looks that way to me...

but, I'm with @Iron_Dog, I'd be sunk if it was a boy
      still, my brain is like - there is this stuff called sandpaper...
      or like the others wait long enough and the other gender gets made in the next promo - if we're lucky :lol:
      thanks for sharing!

About DC hands, i got some and a Vine, i can get some pics if you want me to.

10. @Rabu Yes, at first i was thinking to get doll chateau hands but then saw they aren't fully articulated...

@Grimalkin yes sure! i wonder how it looks like.

11. @shouie & @Rabu -
      here we go, poor Vine, nothing fancy with his dress, or lack thereof, hanging about in boxers :lol: casual Friday...
      i was surprised the DC were smaller by a bit, but still sort of work. I think they do make his head look bigger.
      i probably should have taken his wig off...
      and you'll have to get wrist balls and different S hooks to make it work. they are very elegant hands though.

[​IMG]
      flickr - please let me know if my picture links are broken.

#493 Grimalkin, Oct 10, 2020
      Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    12. Strangely, I like the DC jointed hands on Vine more than his default hands, which look too big in comparison. Head to hand ratio aside, I dunno why, but I'm really feeling those jointed hands. Thanks for the comparison shot!

13. :thumbup. i was pleasantly surprised myself, since when i unwrapped them they looked so tiny. i had gotten them originally for a couple of the smaller DC 1/4's and wasn't really thinking about Vine since his hands are pretty expressive. maybe i'll take another shot with the wig off and the hand nearer to his face. see how it looks. :)

14. Thank you for the comparison!!! :DDC hands look elegant on him. I’m thinking to get it but if the hands didn't come with the wrist balls, where could I buy it? Anyway, is your Vine’s skin white?

15. no problem! maybe the broker can request them to come with? i just didn't know to ask when i bought mine, so i thought it good to mention. might could mod another brand, if somebody has stock, or try second hand too. push came to shove, drilling a larger bead could work, but colour match seems iffy with that method.

my Vine is WS, but is company blushed, which is very, very pink. under that, he is a very nice creamy white, like DC/DZ.

16. Thank you for the info! You really help me a lot :D

Ps: i also want to buy boxer for my vine cause it looks cute on yours hehe

17. Had an exciting new arrival yesterday! Managed to get him face upped and ready to rock already, excitement is a powerful motivator. Still contemplating outfits, want something that will show off that gorgeous detailing on his arms and legs. I'm considering this one set I found on Taobao, but I have a blind bag coming in on Monday with some clothes, so I'll see if anything in there suits him first!

[​IMG]
      This is Dove! I imagine he and Camus will be hanging out in the future.

18. @Magnus Vale He's super cool! How are the wings at posing?

Tags: