1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream Valley Mini Discussion Thread

Feb 7, 2018

1. Honestly, not half bad at all. The wing base is wired so he can hold them up pretty decently. With a little finagling, I can get him to hold them almost straight up or out, although he is pretty top heavy, so I haven't tried it with him standing yet.

The wings also bend and hold pretty well.
      [​IMG]

2. Haha, glad I could help! Here's another pic of wing shenanigans.
      [​IMG]

3. @Magnus Vale what beautiful wings <3 you did a fantastic job with the faceup! DV is really worth the wait~

4. @Magnus Vale your bird-man looks awesome!

Does anyone know if Rosa truly fits 14mm eyes? I'm considering getting one...

Denver Doll still has winged Rosa in stock and I ordered one! I probably shouldn't have, but she stole my heart.

#505 Leo Pheonix, Nov 23, 2020
      Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    5. @Leo Pheonix -this is the only close up i had of my Rosa's eyes without getting everything out, so she's bald... :lol:
      They are the default ones that came with her. though the larger iris are less realistic, still not as bad as some i'd say.
      [​IMG]

6. Your girl has a pretty face @Grimalkin ! I ordered a 14mm glass pair with mine, hopefully they work!

Added: I got my Rosa! I'm so in love with her combination of quirkyness and beauty. She's strung so tight getting her second wing on is going to be a challenge.

#507 Leo Pheonix, Nov 28, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    7. [​IMG]
      Dove's got his new outfit, some body blushing, and a slightly modified face up from my previous one (added some darker orange and yellow to suit his tropical bird-ness).

8. Hello everyone!! :)

I'm thinking about getting the "human" version of Cayes (even though they say it's a human version he really reminds me more of an elf or a sprite), but when I saw the default body he comes with I thought it looked waaaaay too long and lanky, and didn't really fit with his face!! :sweat

My question is: regardless of whether you own Cayes or not, have you tried swapping the default DV 48cm body with a smaller, say 40-45cm body, either from DV or another company? If you did, which body did you choose? I'm thinking that a minifee Moe boy body might match what I have in mind for Cayes better than his default body, but I'm open to other suggestions!! Thanks!! :)

9. @DayofDiana Hey there! I have a dragon version of Greyson, who should allegedly have the same head size as Cayes. If you don't mind waiting a bit until I get home from my holiday break on January 3rd, I'd be happy to pop his head onto some of the other bodies I have - I have some Doll Leaves, a Fairyline boy, and a few others.

10. @Magnus Vale That would be fantastic!! Thanks so much for your help!! :XD:

11. I just got the shipping notification for the Chaos I ordered through NewCloverSinging! I was expecting a much longer wait :O

12. oh wow! congrats!!! i can't wait to see owner pics, it was so hard to resist that event :atremblin
      i really liked Chaos too :love
      i'd be so doomed right now too if those new monster arms were 1/4. :lol:

13. @ChilmarkGryphon NewCloverSinging just sent me a notification for my Chaos too! I'm going to finish paying off my layaway for him early, and have him sent to me ASAP. So excited to paint him, hoping to make him either a red fox or galaxy themed.

14. Hi there, does any of Elvish present here? I'm waiting for mine, but I can't find too many pictures of this model, Please, show me yours ❤️

15. My Silina is on her way! I ordered at the end of July to get the dragon version

@Magnus Vale when did you order your Chaos?

16. I ordered him on September 6. I've finished paying for him, now I'm just waiting for them to send him out!

17. [​IMG]
      He's here!

Initial thoughts:
      - The chocolate resin is much lighter and pinker than I was expecting and looks waxy without a matte coating. Hoping he looks more normal with blushing.
      - TINY head interior??? The forehead is so thick to accomodate the front headcap magnet that I can barely get in there to install the eyes; the head has to be removed from the body to adjust their direction or the S-hook is in the way. The default eyes touch the S-hook when installed. 14mm is also wayyyyy too big, I would recommend 13mm Eyecos or something else that's very flat in the back: the stems get in the way of the S-hook.
      - I have no other centaur doll for comparison, but his wolf hips are very narrow and the legs want to be knock-kneed. A thick silicone washer for friction + spacing would probably improve this.
      - The human body has the best elbow poseability I have yet encountered on a BJD.

18. @ChilmarkGryphon -
      So glad to see him!!!! he's beautiful, and i love that pose, with the crossed paws :love
      i am looking to wire my DC Noah's hind legs for cleaner lines and better posing, since they sort of skitter out from under him, and i do have to make him a bit knock kneed to stand. unfortunately, i don't have any other centaur type to compare either.
      thank you for the wonderful picture, and great review of his specs <3

Tags: