1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream Valley Mini Discussion Thread

Feb 7, 2018

1. TAT yesssss!!! Okay we talked and she has actually ordered the 04 body. She said if it’s not the correct one when it arrives, we will talk about my options.

@Leo Pheonix i was told the head would fit on either body, and their neck diameter is supposedly the same… however, DV only planned to sell them that way and no other configuration. My assumption is rather than being unable to produce the doll, it’s possible that since DV makes special foam packaging for their different sculpts, the packaging for Howard with his long ears was only meant for the smaller body. It’s just a theory.

Christina did say it was far too late to change the head order and I understand that. I really wanted the giraffe head anyway.

2. Hopefully it'll work out that you'll get what you wanted to begin with in the end!

3. CRAWLS BACK ONTO THE INTERNET, HI, HELLO

I finally made some progress on my wolftaur! Doing the joint mods I wanted really burned me out, so he's been in his box for... fooooour months.

I like the Chaos fullset palette but I wanted something more scuff-proof than pastels: this is several shades of Krylon Fusion, decanted into a jar and then applied through the airbrush. It leaves a much smoother finish than straight from the can.
      [​IMG]

Please excuse the mess, I can't brush the wig because there's some unfinished weft ends in there (had to cut holes for the ball joints I added to the ears) and I don't want them to unravel.
      [​IMG]

4. @ChilmarkGryphon He looks great, I love the creamy bits on his ears and tailtip you brought in. Elvish makes a good head for the body, too.

Do you have more shots of the ear jointing you added? I was considering doing something similar for my Chaos whenever he turns up, since the straight up ears are my only visual nitpick for who he’s meant to be shelling.

5. I have no useful progress pictures, but I can describe it for you. There are hemispherical sockets drilled into the headcap, powerful disc magnets applied to the bottoms of the sockets from the inside (really difficult to install: the headcap magnets will want to grab them), and then on the ear side, the flat magnets were replaced with big steel ball bearings set in epoxy clay. The part of the ear that wraps around the head had to be trimmed to allow for the range of motion.

6. Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if the shoulder measurement listed for the B4-11 body are correct? Is it really 6.3cm across??

7. Need some opinions!

Do you guys think... the human Grayson head would fit on the B4-11 girl body? Neck difference of 0.2 cm.

8. This feels unlikely, but has anyone experienced staining with painting done by DV? I'm cleaning off my Chaos and while the majority of the paint wipes off instantly, everywhere they did the bloody scratches doesn't fully come off, leaving a faint pink stain; makes for a great base for a scar, actually.

Really I'm not sure if it's a byproduct of their painting process, the translucent resin, or both. Thankfully it doesn't conflict with my plans, but I was surprised by it nonetheless.

9. hii i know this is old but i have a dim benetia head on the way in ns and i wanted to hybrid her on the dream valley 46cm girl body, i just wasnt sure on the resin match and this was the only post i found talking about it lol :whee: just wondering if u ever found a resin comparison? or if u know which one would match with ns? tysmmm:chibi:aheartbea:sumomo:

10. I'm waiting on DV bodies for DiM heads, but Doll Leaves bodies are pretty close to DiM. I have a Flowne on one and the ns match is just a shade or two off. :)

11. yay! hopefully they get here soon so u can let us all know :) im thinking about just ordering off newcloversinging since the 46cm body is on sale rn and just doing a layaway lol. but yeah i have a doll leaves body for my kid delf head, (thinking about hybriding her on something else). but the s hook seems to be too small? i have the benetia head and idk the neck hole is too big i think. i will turn her head the and s hook slided out and her head becomes loose :( idk if theres something i can do to fix it? :(

12. No worries!! Yes dream valley should match, like a 90-95% + match. I borrowed my roomie's ns larina head (I think 2019?) and put it with my 2021 dv pink skin Zhao for you!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
      Yellow light

[​IMG]
      Daylight

I hope that helps! :whee:

As for the looseness, DL necks are only 6.5cm, a bigger neck would probably be a better fit, but you could always low-temp hot glue suede the neck hole for a bit more traction!

#632 Beedalee, Dec 17, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
    13. omg tysm!! i just made the order for the body! it is the ns right? or pink skin? just wanna make sure i chose the right resin haha & yes! i always just hot glue suede the neck if its a bit loose lol :XD: tysm again!:chibi:aheartbea

14. @lvke the photos are of dv pink skin! The DiM head is ns.

I hope the body works for you, dv has such pretty sculpting :D

15. Have you guys seen the teaser DV recently posted to their Instagram? Rah has both an eagle version and human version. No size listed yet though. He looks amazing.

16. Yes, I saw it too, but looking on the shape of the feets and right hand, I'm not sure he is MSD. I think he is propably on B73-01 body.:(
      It would be really lovely to see Scar and Rah in MSD size version someday.:eusa_pray

17. Oh no! Why you gotta do this DV!?? lol.

18. Oh I really like the new standard body :D Makes me glad I didn’t yet buy the one I was planning on.

The way Rah’s head is articulated reminds me a lot of how they’ve done the wolf tails so I’m curious if their promo pics are the full extent of his range of motion or not.

19. Rah is gorgeous! Dream Valley, please. My wallet can’t handle this.
      I didn’t know I needed a bird-man, but now my mind is like, “Wow, you can get Rah in gray and then dye his bird parts black and then you’d have a gorgeous crow character.”
      *considers*

Tags: