1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream Valley Mini Discussion Thread

Feb 7, 2018

1. The eagle head/neck connection does restrict the body it goes on hugely. I think the body's non-compatibility with human heads probably made quite a few people decide against buying it.

2. new Dragon boy body is facinating and looks like completely new, even the feet look different which is interesting. I wonder if he's a touch larger than the other msd dragons.

I look forward to seeing more of him.

3. Pics are up on their webpage <3
      Definitly going to grab this one *0* already got plans -^3^-

@purple_monkfish according to their meassurements the legs are adjusted, so he's the same size as their other male dragons :3

Here's a link to his epicness that stole my heart (and money)
      Sylves(Dragon version)_幽谷动漫人形社

It also seems they made a slightly more defined body that they put their new creation on:
      B4-17_幽谷动漫人形社
      Compared to the other two, I feel this one has more muscles? I really like the new hands in any case :)

4. I love how those dragon feet have a high heel/stiletto vibe to them. The poseability of the the tail looks really good, too.

5. I'm SO excited about the new dragon boy too!! Gosh he's just stunning!! :D
      I recently got a bunch of their previous dragons and I adore them so much, I'm so happy they're making more!

I should say, in regards to his height, he's actually quite a bit shorter at 48.5cm than the previous boy dragons, Cayes/Grayson, who are 52cm. Not including their horns, but the height difference is likely more drastic considering Cayes/Grayson have really long horns (My Cayes measures 58cm with his horns!). I was imagining that he'd be a bit bigger than them, so this is definitely a surprise, but since I wanted him to be a partner to one of my petite Fairyland Fairyline dragons, it not a deal-breaker haha~
      I do kinda wonder if the dragon feet could safely be put on the "longer shank" leg version though. It says on their website the human feet cannot go on the shorter ones default to the dragon body, but doesn't specify about the opposite...? If one could do that, then he'd perhaps be about as tall as Cayes/Grayson (still not considering horns, of course).

#685 Arkelle, Jan 26, 2022
      Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    6. New dragon looks fantastic (this face, those ears, tail and wings:fangirl:), but… I don’t like:
      1. that he need an extra part for human feet. Is that mean that the longer shanks are not compatible with dragon feet?:?
      2. he is 4 cm shorter than previous dragons (Cayes/Grayson).:...(
      3. he has thinner neck compared to B4-04 body.:(

I’m not happy that the new human body is 3cm shorter then classic B4-04.:pout:
      I would gladly too see a comparison pics: classic boy hands from B4-04 body and hands from new B4-17 body. I would like to know are they so tiny girly looking like the hands from B4-15 body?

And I’m pretty sure that dragon thighs looks more muscular than the thighs from human version of the body (B4-17).

#686 ilia, Jan 26, 2022
      Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    7. I quite like that they've made a shorter msd body. The 50+cm bodies are nice and all, but their dolls TOWER over most other company's msds so having a shorter body opens up some nice hybrid ideas too heh.
      They actually now have quite a decent range of heights, which I appreciate. (46.8, 48, 49, 51)

New dragon boy is exceptionally pretty and I also wonder if the dragon feet can go on the longer shanks. The dragon feet are very cool.
      I really wish they'd allow us to buy some of their fantasy parts separate though. I'd LOVE to buy just their dragon or bird feet or the clawed hands you know?
      That tail is stunning too.

What's also interesting is that dragon head and human head are VERY different. Most of the time it's just a little alteration, human ears instead of pointed, no horns... but this time it's a complete expression change too. Dragon has an open mouth, human doesn't. So they're completely different heads which is cool.

8. I'm continually impressed by the creativity of DV. I love that they're willing to try new and interesting things.

9. I'm 100% agree with you, but this shorter good looking bodies just ruined my conception of the very tall slim elves XD XD XD

That would be lovely. I just asked DV about the possibility of buying dragons hands for my old version DV dragons and I'll let you know what they will answer.

It would be cool if they allow us to buy a diffrent fantasy parts to make unique versions of their dolls (An eagle head Rah+Sylves dragon body would be a really lovely Griffin, or... an eagle head on the wolftaur body with tail of the dragon... or many many others combination).:fangirl:

10. I suggested to them to make an elf-eared version additionl to the human version. Would love for them to do that and get myself the perfect elf-boy for a character I want.

I totally forgot that Grayson is actually taller. Guess that happens when you group him with the taller ones (Conarium, Souldoll Vito etc) ^^°

Currently waiting for my retailer to list him and see where i land.
      Defintily getting him in gray and getting those normal legs. Either additionally and seeing if someone wants the dragon ones or directly with those, if they allow that :3

Crossing fingers you can get the claw-hands @ilia

Personally I'm very happy that they not only put variation in their fantasy creations but also the bodies and sizes. And that they release new bodies without discontinuing the older models (which aren't that old actually).

I also really like the style of both versions of this release. It feels more mature and less uhm... not childish, but young.

11. I suggested that too when Collier dragon was show up. And... they didn't do a Collier elf.

I got some good and bad news from DV:
      DV pics:
      1. Sylves with longer shanks VS. dragon Cayes:
      [​IMG]

2. B4-17 (left) body with B4-15 (right).
      [​IMG]

#691 ilia, Jan 27, 2022
      Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
    12. The new dragon boy looks great! I like that he's a bit shorter too as the previous guys are a no for me due to the fact they would be too tall to fit in the display cabinet :XD: It's also nice they anticipated buyers asking and have already added the option for human feet and hands for him.

I'm wondering if it's possible to get the full set but without the body blushing? I love the face up and outfit but would want to do a very different colour scheme on the body...

13. @ilia Omg!! Thank you so much for sharing that! That answers so many questions~ Ahh that's SO exciting the dragon feet are actually compatible with the longer shins, and seeing him next to Cayes is so helpful! :D Glad to know with the longer shanks they are about the same height, as I thought might be the case.

Unfortunate though that there doesn't seem to be the option to swap the default shanks for the longer ones when ordering him, only the option to buy them and the human feet as an add-on...
      Hmm, now just to decide if I can live with him being shorter or if its worth spending the extra $90 for a few extra cm and shins/human feet i'll never use :sweat

14. @ilia Fhanks for sharing all that info!

My hope still lives. Maybe they’ll do an all elf version of all their dragons or dolls in general :3

@Epicari What colors are you thinking if you don’t mind me asking?

I just ordered my boy a bit ago blank and gray :3 he‘s joining my mecha-crew and will be having poison green accents if I can pull it off <3

15. From what I have read, the Light Tan is fairly new, correct? Anyone have a doll in that color resin yet? Looking at their normal, it seems the DV pictures are on the washed out side.

16. I would be thinking of a white & gold colour scheme (though with money being a bit tight this time of year I might have to pass).
      A mecha-dragon sounds very cool! I imagine if you want to put a bright green on top of grey, you will need to use the old trick of painting a white base layer first? It's a little more work but worth it to get a brighter clearer colour :3nodding:

17. Oh wow, white and gold sounds kind of elegant and royal? Very pretty. Crossing fingers it might work out or get a re-release at a later time. I'd love to see that color combo.

Yes, I'm going to experiment a bit on the horns, I think. Easiest to clean. I plan to use a citadell color that I think is named 'green glowstone' or something. Depending on the effect I may or may not use white first, at least for the lines. I suspect I might alsoe add some black for effects here and there.
      I'm considering wether or not to make him have some 'black gaping holes' / breakage /damage if I can somehow pull it off. Might add armor on top to protect the 'damaged areas'. In my headcanon mecha's are creations of old, a destroyed and long forgotten civilisation and there are perhaps a selected view among the alchemists of the world, that have the necessary level of the art as well as the understanding that with some study could perhaps come up with a way to do repairs or provide the special material necessary for repairs through creation :3

18. I'm now in the contemplative state trying to figure out exactly what I want to do for the new dragon man. I'm definitely going to get him, but I have no idea what resin color I want. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get him blank and customize him myself, since while I love his design, I prefer my own spin on things. I love the fact that he's a different height too, feels more natural having him fit in with my crew.

I'm kinda leaning towards the gray, since it's so pretty. As much as I love customizing and painting white resin, my Grayson, Izzy, and Bethel are all white. Maybe I'll go with the pink and try to do something similar to Silina's purple starry sky scheme on his wings. Although, that would probably look nice on the gray as well...

Decisions, decisions. Can't wait to see everyone's dragon gentlemen when they arrive and how they're customized!

19. @Snowy Sylves as mecha-dragon will be awsome. Those wings will look fantastic as mecha wings!:D

I have a DV mecha dragon too. He arrived on 23th December 2021, but he’s still "in progres" (DV refused to sell me human legs separately:...()
      I've mod a DV Noel by borrowing Cayes legs and upper part of the tail.
      He’s unpainted for now, but I would like to paint him in white and very light blue with a little metallic/silver tone.
      https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51774894673_8da34fa38b_k.jpg

20. @ilia I actually loved his fantasy style so much I almost wanted to go with that but yes, those WINGS!

oooooh! First congrats on his arrival and that looks like an AWESOME combo (is that tgeir normal skin?)
      Will you be painting only ‚mechanical‘ parts in thise two colora or all of him? :3 Are you planing on using metallic or pearky shinnery or normal colors?
      What are your thoughts/plans regarding hair/wig?
      Aaah, I‘m already excited to see him come along <3

Tags: