1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream Valley Mini Discussion Thread

Feb 7, 2018

1. @Snowy - Yes, he’s DV normal skin. The colour is very close to Luts real normal skin.
      I’ll paint all with combination of normal and metallic collours.
      I planned a white fur wig, but he didn’t look good. Now I’m looking for heat resistance fiber wig in white, silver or light blue. For now I put him some silver coluor wig from my other doll, and that’s colour fit him quite well.

2. Yes, if I do end up picking up this sculpt somewhere down the line, i'd like to go down the Regal route with the theme. I'm so glad that DV does do rereleases, I already had to pass on the sea dragon too :sweat I think DV are determined to have all of my money ;)

Wow, a group of old abandoned mechas sounds like a really creative idea, I really love that as a theme. You could have fun adding 'damage' that gives hints to their backstory/ past life. Fortunately there are plenty of Games Workshop tutorials out there explaining how to get the best out of their paints or how to achieve certain effects so hopefully that can help give a few ideas to try out :)

3. @ilia looking forward to see the end result and what wig you found ;)

@Epicari Crossing fingers :D He sounds a bit like a sort of royal guard and I'd love to see that :3
      Yes DV is evil XD So many good relases and creative designs! And the engineering is top notch!

Hahaha thank you :D Funny you'd say that, I've actually contemplated doing some damage to this new one. The other's are already 'maitainanced' hence why no damage.
      But yes Game Workshop tutorials are amazing. The things you can do with colors.... -^3^-

Most of my MSD (and smaller) sized dolls all live together in a sort of fantasy middle age world. When I only had one I didn't want to exclude him, so ... I came up with that idea of them being from times past :3 Fit in with my archelogist-mage who's into old ruins exploration and my general 'adventurer's team' theme XD

4. Looking forward to seeing everyone's dragon-men! The 15% discount on their older doll bodies during this event might be my excuse to order Howard II with the 3-armed body. As much as I like the newer bodies with more defined muscles, I think the monster arm body would fit in better with my 3 non-human MSDs.

5. I recieved my Rosa the other day and her body is amazing. Her jointing is like butter, but I'm a little afraid to string her wings due to the tension. I'm going to try putting her in the fetal position for a while to try and ease the tension before resorting to restringing.

I'm waiting for three other dolls, but I guess they'll come with the same tightness. :eusa_sile

6. @Bristol My Rosa also came strung pretty tight, and I needed a family member to help me hold her to get her second wing on. And I love her posable wings.

7. Kheima's 3-arm body was so tight that he creaked alarmingly whenever I moved any part of him. I was genuinely afraid of damaging him because he was so tight. I almost couldn't get his head on because he was so tight. I had him re-strung and we needed to cut the elastic because there wasn't enough slack available to pull his feet away from his legs to unhook the elastic even with his head off. I'd even left him curled in the fetal position for a month and it did nothing to loosen him even a little.

He did loose some of the amazing position holding in his 3-arm after re-stringing him loser but I'm fine with that because he doesn't creak anymore and I'm not worried about him chipping/cracking because of how tight he was strung.

8. I'm curious, does anyone have the B4-13 boy body (the dainty, skinny 46.8cm one)? I've seen dolls and hybrids with their taller boy bodies so far, but not this one...

I kind of love how skinny and delicate it is and I wonder how it would look compared to 1/4 dolls from other companies or with heads from other companies (especially Souldoll Kid). I been thinking it would be lovely for a hybrid I have in mind, but at the same time the shoulders look pretty narrow, so I suspect with a different head the proportions might look pretty weird...but it's hard to tell just from looking at the measurements.

9. I have a SD Souloid/Kid head (Souloid Phiel Gold Mechanic) on the 3-arm body and it looks perfect proportion-wise, which is not what you'd asked about but if the DV head for the smaller body is the same size as the one intended for the larger boy body then putting an SD Kid head on the smaller body could possibly work just as well. I didn't need to do anything for the head/neck fit either and the head sits like it was made for the body and the range of motion is good.

Kheima is a SD WS head from 2016 (so possibly their "old" white and not the current WS) and a DV WS body from 2020 and the match is perfect. I don't know about matches with other colours between SD/DV though as WS is the only DV resin I own. Kheima's head was stored in a box in a drawer so any mellowing would be extremely minor and I highly doubt it plays any factor in the matching.

10. I ordered the new dragon in blank white, as well as Rubin. He's so cute :aheartbea I want to squee with that little lizard face... Anyyway, I was wondering how the resin takes colour and if it stains easily.

11. I gave in to the temptation to get Rubin too, when I used the event as an excuse (yay body discount) to order the grey 3-armed male body and grey Howard II head to make into the doll I've been imaging for a while now.

12. Bit of a long shot here but does anyone have a minifee with a hard cap wig that they can or have test fitted on a DV head and can tell me if it fits reasonably well? Or at all?

I'm asking as I found a wig that would be perfect for a DV Howard but it's a hard cap made for minifees. The DV site says the Howard head is 6 7/8" and from what I could glean from the internet, minifee heads vary in size from 7" to 7.5" depending on the line and m/f sculpt. I pm-ed the seller on Etsy to ask if they thought the wig would work with maybe a silicone cap under it if it was a bit large but they were unsure as it had never come up for them. I really like this wig a lot but after adding shipping it would be about $70CAN and I really don't want to spend that much for a wig I couldn't use.

13. I have DV Dean (not Howard, but they share many of the same measurements, including a head listed as 17.5cm/6.8"), and here is a picture of his head measurement. I can take more if it might be helpful.

[​IMG]

#713 homemademonsters, Mar 28, 2022
      Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
    14. @homemademonsters That's great, thanks. In my mind it's close enough to a dead on 7" to not quibble over 1/32" and he could be able to wear hard cap wigs for minifees.

I'm still a bit on the fence about buying the wig since the sales post specifically says there's no stretch to the hard cap (which shouldn't be an issue) but it might be a bit loose because of the head size used to make the cap since there is some variation in the head size of minifees. I may message the seller again and ask for specifics on the head size used to make the hard cap and go from there.

15. Stuck this originally on the large doll discussion, which is apparently a wrong place but:

I realized that the Rah eagle version existed too late to get my hands on one, and I'm over here crying xD. I have noticed that it seems DV sometimes brings back sculpts - how likely is it that they would do so for the pretty bird boy? Or is my only hope gonna be the secondhand market?

16. @Brytewolf Just following up from our convo over there, but! While it's not always a guarantee that dealers get limited dolls in stock, I've noticed both BJDivas and DDE have generally been listing extras of the DV releases, and New Clover Singing will also occasionally post that she has some as well. Speaking from experience here as well, since my last DV pickup was an extra in-stock Chaos that DDE had for a bodyswap, something I didn't quite want to commit to a preorder for but was more than willing to grab after a nice tax return :sweat

Since I think Rah's order period was what, January, we might see him around June/July at the very earliest, maybe more into fall/winter? I'd keep an eye out around then (and/or, once you see people post that they've gotten him).

17. Oh oh no. It looks like DDE has an in-stock Chaos that is awfully tempting but it's not in a resin color I'd want so I can resist xD. That is another sculpt I adore, but I've committed to grabbing one when they come up for sale again (I'm also more inclined towards Order, which helps me resist Chaos lol).

Yes, Rah's order period ended in January! I'll keep an eye out for in stocks at all 3 places around the time I see people posting about him lol. Now following both DV threads oopsies. They are fast becoming my favorite company, the animal hybrids are just *chef's kiss*

18. Dolk jp also gets many of the limited models in stock

19. Oh thank you! I'll keep an eye out there as well!

20. Where as I do not have the body you are asking about, I do have a Souldoll Kid male head on a Dream Valley body.
      My boy Izzy is a Souldoll Kid Joelle D head, on the Dream Valley B4-04 (51cm). The head was Souldoll normal, and the body is normal pink, but from a kind of creamy/yellower batch of DV's normal pink resin. Izzy is only a couple years old, but next to my new nat pink Scorpion he looks yellow skin.

I had to sand his neck some to make it fit perfectly, so the smaller body might be a better fit.

This is Izzy my robotic kid, this photo isn't the best, but shows the fit and color match well.
      (His company face up is a bit heavy, but the match is otherwise good.)
      [​IMG]Izzy
      I hope to get him jointed hands someday, but otherwise this doll is perfect.

Tags: