1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream Valley Mini Discussion Thread

Feb 7, 2018

1. Thank you! I wanted to get the high heeled feet because i just prefer the look of them. I regret not ordering along side the doll because i have to wait 3 months for them but oh well.

2. @namelessmaiden ah, I see. Only one of my dolls has heeled feet so the thought didn't occur to me.

Hmm, I think my dragon lady came with extra human feet... probably regular... can't say for sure, I even don't know where they are :lol:

3. I have the same doll but in purple! I just adore how expressive the face looks even without a faceup!! I hope you enjoy her just as much as I do with mine. :lol:

4. aaa dream valley rereleased rita and freyja with the mantis body, I am so tempted!! They are one of my favourite dolls and I was so afraid they'd never open orders for them again

I really like the grey and purple skin, does anyone know any humanoid bodies from other companies that would match their grey or purple? I liked the new 1/4 body Aria-Siesta body that came out recently but it has a neck circumference of 6cm while Freyja/Rita's neck circumference is 6.8cm

5. Wow, the new merman is basically everything I love in a doll rolled into a single package. Merman plus horns, plus cool wings, plus a nice face sculpt, wow. Think I might just have to start a new layaway.

I was actually really hoping they'd do another merman doll, I liked the other ones, but wasn't that crazy about the mechanical lines on the face.

6. Literally a few weeks ago I was wondering if Dream Valley would ever release a male mermaid with an actual tail and not a bone tail, and this guy is probably the prettiest mermaid bjd I’ve seen. And aaaaa he looks like he’d be crazy fun to dye!

I’m trying very hard not to buy new dolls, but this feels very meant to be. The struggle is real.

7. The tail also looks like it has a lot of segments too, so I bet he'll be super posable. And the detailing on the fin sculpts are so pretty. I'm debating whether to get him painted, because I love the colors they have, or do him myself.

8. I might also bee doomed to a merman layaway XD

9. He's beautiful but I'm saved from him in that I don't have a merman character that needs shelling and I've got my eye on a different BJD. And I can only buy 1 doll.

10. I have DV Abyss, and yes - extraordinarily posable. One thing you can count on with DV - that super tight stringing means everything locks in place.
      Don't know if y'all noticed, but the new fellow is 66 cm with the tail.
      @Miekka - the original b4-11 body is a perfect match. Doll Parts, Dream Valley - BJD, BJD Doll, Ball Jointed Dolls - Alice's Collections.
      I also like a little taller/broader body for DV heads for proportion reasons, so - Peakswoods, Soul Doll new Kids, or Dreaming Doll bodies are good matches, too.

#891 MaleficentMrsofEvil, Dec 11, 2022
      Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
    11. thank you!! I'm not terribly interested in DV's 45cm body since I'm looking for a body that's more bony/slim all over, with small hips and thighs, but I'll definitely take a look at your other suggestions!

also just wanted to say your abyss is gorgeous! I love that bone tail so much

12. Came up with a dye plan for the merguy. It's something super bright and saturated which I don't normally do and yep, I need him now.
      [​IMG]
      Buuut I might just wait until he shows up on the second-hand market or until dealers have him in stock. Wallet's a bit empty right now lol.

#893 slight, Dec 11, 2022
      Last edited: Dec 11, 2022

13. Oh now THAT is stunning, and I'm not usually one to go for bright colors either

14. Does anyone have some pictures of an Alison? I'm currently still waiting on mine, but can't seem to find a lot of pictures on google to use as inspiration :)

15. Does anyone have pictures of the B4-19 female body? I know it’s avail for preorder on most sites but I was hoping someone has it! I’d love to see photos of the poseability

16. Unfortunately, it just came out - it's brand spanking new. I ordered one right away though - I'll let you know when it comes in!

17. Awesome! Thank you. I’m very curious as it has that extra mobility around the bust

18. For those who like Achelous (the new limited merman) but are not interested in his merman form... both DV's Taobao store and Alice's Collections are selling his human head separately. Link to AC page.

According to the Taobao store, Achelous fits a B4-17 body (48cm tall), but he might be able to fit other DV bodies around that height.

And here I was, thinking I was safe because I'm completely uninterested in fantasy parts, plus I've sworn off collecting 1/4 dolls. 48cm is approaching my crew's size (all 1/3 and 57-65cm), so this guy might be able to fit in with them. Oh nooo....

Tags: