1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DreamHigh Studio Discussion Thread - Part 2

Oct 27, 2015

1. I've just got a Gaia- but mine's a guy. (this is him being made to be festive.)
      [​IMG]

2. Handsome and very festive! I had adopted a Gaia but I felt like he belonged with another home, he is very handsome but wasn't too thrilled with our gang lol

3. he is funny :) and smoking?...does he know it is a bad habbit?

4. Hehe thank you! I think the Gaia makes a cute male or female. I did repaint mine to a more frosty than springtime color scheme.

Thanks! Yeah he insists they're fairydust cigs, smell of peppermint, and are not actually bad for fairies, but I pester him about it anyway. He's my only chainsmoking doll. Little stinker.

5. So I have a bit of a problem. My dreamhigh Doty is one of my favorite dolls ever, I love taking her to gardens with me. Anyway I took off her outfit to make sure I was glueing the magnets on her new butterfly wings the right way and her upper torso just broke off!
      Now I actually have two Doty's because my mom managed to break the head on my first one so she bought me another so I figured just move the head on the other body, but when I looked that would actually involve restringing the whole thing! So my actual question is does anyone have tips on restringing these or would it be easier and a lot less frustration to just write in to the doll clinic? And has anyone used the doll clinic before and about how much does it tend to cost compared to the original price?
      [​IMG]

6. Is their an S hook in the head? Or how is it attached? And I've never used the doll clinic before but I know Donny is very dedicated so I feel like you would have no problems with getting your guy fixed at all.

And I did restring my girl once because the elastic dried and broke. She's a Nero 14 cm and I think 1mm works for her. Your guy may need 0.5mm. I ended up not doing t right the first time because j was clueless and he ended up sending me a replacement doll so I never went back to fix my other girl. But I did finally restring my dust of doll meel so I now have an idea of what I need to do so I'm going to do my Nero soon. I just need to get 1 mm strong since I only have 0.5 mm for her. So I can post photos. But if you have a photo of how the head is attached I can help some what.

I have to admit I got mine in hopes they would be similar to Feliene. But I was curious is your guys colors were photoshop magic or your own. And I do love the fancy smoke How was it to repainting your guy? I think about painting my Nero just for practice but I've never done a face up or body blush. Do you use the same material like with any resin doll?

I also found a Feliene for sale and I want to get her so badly but I also have a camera lens I've been wanting to get too so I'm torn >_< but I'm selling a few things so I'm trying to hold out and see what happens lol

#106 ohmyhi, Dec 30, 2015
      Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    7. Oh dear @Waflicka , I would contact Donny for buying replacement parts! He's wonderful about that. He'll send it to you, and you can string it into your doll. These dolls are strung pretty much like any other doll, but with tiny doll elastic, or stretchy jewelry elastic. I use tiny steel crochet hooks and little bitty hemostats to help me with the the fiddly-ness.

@ohmyhi Repainting my Gaia was tricky, but easily done. It was just like repainting any other resin doll, albeit very tiny. Restringing him was interesting. Like I mentioned, I used tools to help me and kept everything spread on a sheet of fleecy fabric so I didn't lose any of the tiny pieces like the s-hooks or joints.

8. They don't have an S hook, they have a jump ring. Looking at it more carefully I might be able to remove the jump ring without cutting the elastic but it will be tricky.
      [​IMG]
      That is the best view of the inside of the head. The part I am worried about for restringing entirely is getting the knot in the head tight enough. I may try this weekend though.

9. You unhook a foot. The elastic goes up through the body, the O ring, then the down the other leg and to the other ankle.

10. Well the feet on Doty don't unhook. However I was able to remove the jump rings and then rethread the elastic through the head!
      [​IMG]
      Thankfully a happy ending. Thank you @Rosslyn and @ohmyhi for your help!

11. Wonderful! A good end to the year!

12. Oh good! I can't recall if the Gaia had feet that unhook or not. Now I'm curious. I'll have to check later. So glad it turned out okay!

13. I finally completed my layaway and my Ossia arrived on New Year's Eve :apresent: and Oh My Gosh, she's so tiny! :aeyepop: I knew she would be, I had measured out 14cm with my measuring tape many times, but still…

[​IMG]

She's so precious though :aheartbea and Donny does a gorgeous sculpt and paint.There's a little excess white on her hip joints, but I can easily clean that up.

I love the asymmetry of her ears, I think it adds to her personality. I'm so happy to have her, but I must confess I'm a little scared as she seems VERY fragile. I've reached a point in my doll collecting where I don't mind people handling my troupe—GENTLY—but I think this little dear is going to be an exception.

The only thing I'm a little disappointed in are her antlers (not pictured)—they swing around (change orientation) and slide off easily in my opinion. Is it worth contacting Donny about? Anyone have a DIY fix for it?

14. If the antlers are magnetic, smear a thin bit of low temp hot glue on the bottoms of them- just enough to give them a little traction. That might keep them from swivelling.

15. Yes, they're magnetic. To be sure that I understand, the glue is to provide friction, not actually glue them to her head, correct?

16. Yeah. It's a silicon based stuff, and it can give plenty of rubbery traction so the horns don't spin.

17. Ahhh omg Pepper is sooo adorable <3 I recently discovered this bjg artist via Facebook and it's quite sad that the more independent bjd artists aren't as noticeable and I really wish they were such as DHS since I would be most happy if their limit was larger and he still sold some of his past dolls like Odilia!

18. The swan? She's still available: ODILIA & ODILE "the swan" 11 cm BJD

ETA: I love Pepper and Snowy, but I don't think I can go smaller than 14cm. I'm still freaking out a bit over Ossia's tiny stature.

#118 Marilyn, Jan 3, 2016
      Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    19. It says SOLD OUT for me o.O

20. How strange! It shows she's available in four colors for me (which I don't think is correct, I don't believe blue or green versions were ever cast) and there's a button to "add to cart". Out of curiosity I tried adding a "blue" one to the cart and nothing happened, so it appears there's a glitch, but I also noticed the swans haven't been added to the archive, so maybe there are more coming?

[​IMG]

If you really want one, Odilia & Odile are still available from Fabric Friends & Dolls for 11% & 13% off respectively.

Odilia: Odilia [Dreamhigh Studio] : Fabric Friends and Dolls

Odile: Odile [Dreamhigh Studio] : Fabric Friends and Dolls

I've had GREAT service thus far from FF&D (that's where my Ossia came from), but please read through the entire feedback thread if you're considering making a purchase: Fabric Friends & Dolls Company Review | Den of Angels