1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dressed for the weather?

Oct 12, 2022

1. I always change everyone's clothes for fall and then for spring. I'm not big into holiday clothes so I don't dress for holidays but I love the whole shift between cold and warm weather and dressing my dolls up for seasonal change.

2. Yep! Every once in a while, when I'm in the mood to play with the dolls, I'll drag everyone out from the cabinet, open up my clothing boxes, and redress them all in seasonally-appropriate wear. It's fun to decide who gets what, try to make good-looking outfits despite being no fashionista, and spend time handling them all. It also tells me if I've got a million of something or I'm lacking a particular type of clothing; though honestly it feels like I have way too many sweaters come summer but when winter hits there aren't nearly enough sweaters! Funny how that happens.

There's always more than enough skirts, though. So many skirts.

3. Oh, dear, I'm so bad with that... once I find an outfit I like for a doll, they usually stay in it for years.... oh dear....

4. This is something I'd like to do eventually! It's going to be a slow process since I'm trying to sew the majority of outfits myself and I've only made half of one outfit so far. I imagine that maybe in a few years my dolls will be better dressed than me!

5. I definitely need more clothes to be able to do this with my dolls, but I do love the idea of seeing what they'd wear throughout the year.

6. The nice thing about dolls is that they can wait. No matter how long it takes, they are not suffering. :)
      Although, some of them do tend to have opinions of their own. :lol:

7. I don't change everything but I tend to add layers or a cloak or a scarf when the days get colder and strip some of their layers when it's hot. Not always, but sometimes i feel cold/hot looking at them in wrong season clothes. :lol:
      In photoshoots everyone's dressed for the weather.

#27 Zonyah, Jun 8, 2023
      Last edited: Jul 10, 2023
    8. I do this all the time. I love having seasonal clothes and feel bad when my dolls are in long sleeves/warm clothes in the summer or have short sleeves and such in the winter. I currently have one in long sleeves, but I've pushed up the sleeves because I figured it'd be too warm :XD:

9. I don't bother although sometimes I do get that urge to dress them warmer. I have them an outfit that fit them best so they usually wear the one.

10. I would love to do that, but right now not all of my dolls even have their first own outfit yet. It would be awesome to see the whole bunch in, say, warm sweaters and scarfs though, so maybe one day... :roll:

11. Oddly, I've gone on hiatus from doll things several times but still redressed my dolls into seasonal clothing and shoved them back on the shelf in the closet that I ignored 99999% of the time. It felt comforting. I think it revived some of my doll spirit in times I wished I could have more time and energy for them.

#31 Shopoke, Jul 10, 2023
      Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
    12. Most of my girls are faeries who can use magic to make themselves comfortable in any temperature, but looking at them in weather-inappropriate clothing makes me feel cold/hot, so they dress for the season, lol.

13. no doubt! clothes according to the weather! long mink or sable coats in winter, and light dresses in summer and spring! my dolls have a huge wardrobe of clothes, sometimes it seems to me that I buy more clothes for them

14. Yes, I do this, or at least try to do it, sometimes I skip a season because I´m lazy.
      Since my dolls are always out on a shelf I kind of let dem double as decoration, I also like to dress them for Halloween and Christmas.
      When I see them in summer still bundled up in winter clothes, it also makes me feel hotter, so I usually avoid that xD

15. I always dress my doll family for the season, sometimes even twice on the same season depending on if I let them celebrate the different holidays (Halloween, Christmas, etc.). In fact, the temperature got really hot a month ago and I could not change them (because life and such) and I had a hard time every time I looked at them being so dressed up while I was already wearing summer clothes. Now they are dressed for the season and I can look at them and not imagine their characters sweating and suffering the hot.

16. I try to dress my favorite dolls according to the season.
      Those who have more than one outfit. :lol:

17. The urge is there, but unfortunately he only has one outfit so far. : D I may just free him of his boots tho, it's insanely hot in here.

18. I've been slowly redressing everyone for summer, but I'm worried that by the time I finish, it'll be time for winter clothes again. It's still a good exercise is pulling everyone off the shelves and checking them for stains, etc. so it's not a total loss even if I don't finish before it starts cooling down again. :)

19. Yes, they have their favorite wardrobe pieces (Roux in a black hat, I'm looking at you), but otherwise we rotate what we can... When I'm not lazy. :lol:

20. I always try to dress my kids season appropriate. Esp. if photo shoot is outside.
      [​IMG]Parker Snow Bound by Marie, on Flickr