1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dressing Unidoll Males...any ideas??

Dec 15, 2008

1. Cool, thanks!

2. I haven't found anything particularly wonderful "off the rack" so far - I got a "hound size" set on eBay that included a dress shirt, boxers, and trousers, and the latter wouldn't quite fit that size butt (though it was close), so for a while my Raurencio boy was running around looking like someone had interrupted him doing something highly inappropriate at the office! Mecha Angel shirts are too long, but could be hemmed or just worn long with the sleeves rolled up if you happen to find any you particularly like, as they do fit around the body quite nicely. Their feet are also roughly the same size as MA feet in length (just a tiny bit longer), but a little wider, LUTS Senior Delf shoes fit both, it seems. It's a squeeze, but I believe they're the same shoes that Unidoll will sell you for them, too. They can fit MA sized boxers, but I haven't checked any actual MA trousers for width (obviously they'd be too long), since I don't have any.

If you're ordering from the MP, Marshpants, of course, will fit Unidoll and Raurencio boys, I believe marsh said the patterns were slightly different for each, but if you have both bodies and want the pants to fit both, let her know and your pants will. And they're sufficiently high in the back that they don't leave him too exposed when he sits! Stacy's Pink Ocean and AusterRM will also fit their thunder thighs rather well, just specify that you're fitting a Unidoll or Raurencio boy - if Stacy's not got the measurements on hand, she'll ask you, and lucyhayashi, who runs AusterRM GOs, has a Raurencio herself.

3. Ok, got my Dollmore order in today, and the Model Doll size "Stone Washing Jean M&F" pants seem to actually fit the mighty Sir Quadriglute Thunderthighs! (otherwise known as Jace...which makes me wonder what the female Dollmores they fit are proportioned like, but anyhow)

I also got the "Eskimo Hood T" hoodie and Celestial Gown in Model Doll M size, and the City Wizard coat and Akion jacket in Glamour Model Doll M size, and they all fit, too! I figured if the smaller Model Doll stuff hadn't fit him, one of my skinnier guys could wear it (wasn't sure, given the sizes on the website for their dolls), or if the other stuff was too long, Sabik could, but it looks like they're not going to get to play with this stuff! The UniBody crew (Jace, Ark, and Calian) are happy!

4. I'm sorry for bumping this, I know it's an old thread, but I'm getting slightly desperate trying to find pants for my poor Ark. I really don't want to do the whole trial and error thing of buying a bunch of stuff, selling it because it doesn't fit, buying more stuff, etc.

Does anyone know if Iplehouse SID-sized pants would fit? These, specifically. I don't care if they're a bit short, they're going to be tucked into boots anyway.

Also, ANY other suggestions?? I'm not looking for jeans, and I don't want anything baggy. It's proving extremely difficult to figure out what actually fits well. :( ANY suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Again, I'm sorry to bump this.

5. I wouldn't know about these specific pants, sorry. But what I got for my Ark (and the other UniReal body) are pants from Dollzone. I got several of their clothes-sets for the really large dolls. The fake leather pants are made of some stretchy material so they fit quite ok. They ARE too long but shortening them isn't really a big deal ... The sets' tops are trickier, though. Ark's got a pretty wide chest, compared to Dollzone, so their tops are usually too tight around the shoulders. If you just want the pants, maybe you could do a clothes-split with someone who only wants the top?

When I look for clothes for my Ark, especially pants, I always look for "Hound-sized" or "70 cm". Again, the pants may be too long but your chances that they'll fit otherwise are quite good, actually.

I know what you mean. Unless you try to make some yourself, it's quite difficult to find pants for Ark ... I'm just glad my Luken's a rockstar so he can pull off wearing - strange clothes. *gg*

6. @Khell: Thank you SO much for the suggestions! I've been looking at pants that are Hound/70cm sized, but I just wasn't sure about them fitting the thighs. I honestly thought people were kind of exaggerating about the Unidoll thighs - and then I saw them in person. :lol:

That's a very good tip about the Dollzone pants, thank you! I really want to get leather pants, and I'm having a terrible time finding a pair. The split sounds like a good idea, since I really only am looking for the pants. I've had good luck with Dollmore Model Doll sized shirts, so far. Sariel is in a tank top right now that fits him very well, thankfully.

It truly is difficult. :( Ohwell, the hunt continues! Oh, and Luken sounds wonderful. Ark as a rockstar? Fantastic! He can totally pull that off. Of course, he can pull off just about anything. lolol.

7. I have some Dollzone jeans for the old DZ 70cm body that fit Unidoll. I'm not sure why, because the DZ is much skinnier! :)

8. Good to know!! Okay, Dollzone pants are totally going on my list of things to hunt down. Come to think of it, a friend of mine has some DZ leather pants, I may borrow them to see if they fit..

9. The specific outfit that I got for Luken is the red and black one that, unfortunately, is sold out now. But maybe you can get it second-hand somewhere? The pants of that one are a good fit. Only too long but I could shorten them with the help of my aunt. The bottoms of the legs are buttoned with snap fasteners and can go into boots very well. So if you ever get a chance of getting those pants - go for them! They're Luken's favourites! *gg*

10. @Khell: I really wish I could find those pants you mentioned, somewhere. They sound perfect, but it IS just my luck that the outfit is sold out. :(

I am so incredibly discouraged. Earlier today I received a pair of 70cm pants I ordered online, and they didn't even come close to fitting. Unfortunately, now I'm stuck with them. This is...awful. I literally have no idea what to do, at this point.

11. I've found over time to look for pants that fit 70cm boys reputed to be of "big butt". Or look for 65-70xm pants that have a waistline that rises and is higher in the back, rather than level all around. Sometimes you can tell from a picture when it's off a doll in the sale thread, sometimes I ask the seller to eyeball it from the side. I've lucked out for several pairs of pants that way.

12. I...honestly have no idea which boys have bigger butts, and which don't. It's proving to be impossible to tell what's going to fit and what isn't, since most places don't give specific measurements. I haven't had any luck whatsoever. The only pants I've been able to get on my Ark, are ones I've made. Unfortunately, my sewing skills aren't very good, so being content with junk I've made certainly isn't going to happen. LOL.

I guess I'll try and figure out the bigger butt thing, though. Thanks for the suggestion.

13. I've noticed new-owner comments come up in the brand/sculpt discussion threads from time to time about posterior sizes. Of course, a thread requesting that information would also probably be fairly entertaining!

Have you checked the commision threads? I remember there being at least one or two people who were sewing for UDR bodies. And Raurencio bodies are very close, so if the pants aren't really tight, those sized for Raurencio should also fit. (When the UDr body sculptor started his own place, he tweaked the body a bit, and the Raur. boys have less of the "quadriglute syndrome" and their thighs are slightly more slender).

14. I haven't checked the commission threads, no. I guess that'll be the very last step before I give up entirely. Not being able to find even ONE pair of basic pants that fit him is starting to seriously upset me, since I can't take him to meets or do photoshoots (well, I can, but only of his torso/face). To be honest, if I'd known he was going to be this hard to shop for, I likely wouldn't have bought him.

Time to look at commission threads, it seems...

15. Awwww. *hugs* I know how you feel! I was really lucky to get some pants while Unidoll was still around ... I'm really having problems finding shoes that fit my Ark. His feet are too large for most that I like. :(

16. *hugs back* Thank you, Khell. ...I know what you mean about the shoes, his feet are so wide! Shopping for these guys is so very difficult. If only I was an amazing seamstress. :doh

17. Yeah, same here. I do have an aunt who can sew very well and also, my Mum . But of course, I can't have them sew (or help me sew) doll clothes all the time ... And I simply draw the line at making shoes. I MIGHT try with Tharesion (who's also got a UniReal body) cos he needs "ranger boots", like, Aragorn-style and you simply can't find those anywhere (or they cost more money than I can spend on a pair of doll boots). But if I ever do, I don't think I'll ever make a second pair ...

18. Just thought you might find that interesting. I ordered a pair of SID Man boots with my last clothes-order at Iplehouse. They fit my Ark just fine. So SID shoes are definitely an option if you're looking for something for your UniReal guy. Chances are that SID Man clothes in general will fit UniReal guys. Haven't tried, yet, though.

19. SID pants do fit!! I just got a pair from Iplehouse a few days ago (these, specifically), and I actually was going to mention that here. They're a tiny bit big in the waist/hips, but that's a good thing since it allows for sitting. I was SO ridiculously happy to finally find a pair of pants that fit. I've been searching for ages, now.

So happy to hear that SID shoes/boots fit, too! I was curious about that. :)

20. great thread! Sorry for bumping this but I just wonder if any dollheart clothes would fit?
      Like the sd17 or the 70cm clothes? I'd love them for my Ark but it's a bit to much for me just to buy and not to be sure it would fit him.. thanks