1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dressing your dolls for Holidays!

Dec 24, 2010

1. My dolls have a few holiday outfits. Last year I bought fancy Christmas dresses for the younger girls and sweaters for the older girls and pretty dresses with matching coats for Easter but my doll family has grown so much that it is no longer in the budget to buy them clothes that can't be worn year 'round.

2. This might be a silly topic but i thought i'd put it out there.
      With Holidays quickly rolling up on us, do you ever plan things to do with your dolls in Holiday theme?

For me, i do like putting my dolls in some kind of costume for Halloween, I also love decorating for Halloween and Christmas so my doll rooms get all kinds of treatments during this time. (though they'll be fewer rooms to decorate thanks to home remodels keeping a lot of my doll stuff packed up this year :( )

I think i'll do a doll scale Christmas tree... though i'm not sure what colors it'd be XD, it'd be a perfect setting for a Christmas photoshoot!

Anyway, my questions for everyone:

Do you plan to dress them up for Halloween or Christmas?

Do you plan to do photo shoots in Holiday spirit?

Have any of you thought about/decided to decorate your dolls area for the Holidays?

3. I took a few pics of my dolls hunting tiny Easter eggs this year, but that's it. I like the idea of a Christmas tree for dolls; I'll probably dress mine in their "best" and take pictures with the presents. Last year I shot my littlefee wrapping one. :)

4. Each year i plan to do an elaborate christmas thing. Some how i never have the time to do it.

Only holiday shoot i did so far was for hinamatsuri.

[​IMG]

5. Reese has a long black gothic style trench coat with I like to put on him whenever its cold ^_^
      As for Ani, he quite likes his prince shorts whatever the weather lol but I do plan on getting them both matching winter coats this year x3 there's some gorgeous ones I've found with fur hoods that come in loads of colours! And Ani has some blue wellington boots <3

6. Hmmm...well, I don't go out of my way to get outfits for them for holidays (yet), but if I find something while I'm out shopping or something then I will get it :)

7. Last year I spent most of Christmas Eve putting together a holiday sweater for Benjamin. I made it from a pair of cute Christmas socks. ^_^ Then I took pictures of him hiding amongst the presents.

If I have time, I might try to make holiday outfits for more people this year, but we'll see. Most of my dolls are characters from a story of mine and a friends, and our world-building hasn't quite reached holidays yet. I don't think the demon world has Christmas.

8. If I had the money right now I'd definitely get a cute halloween outfit for both my girls (to be honest I've already found two that I adore!), but my favorite holiday is Christmas, so I want to be able to dress them up for that especially. :3 Gotta be merry all around! x3

9. Mmm, I wasn't originally gonna dress either of my dolls up for the holidays. But then recently I came across a Christmas outfit on the MP that the DZ girls came in when they very first came out (or at least that's how I remember it). So of course I bought it, even if it's not quite Yumeko's style ;) It'll be fun to see her in it.

10. I was going to attempt Halloween costumes but, with Soom taking my money hostage, I've dropped those plans unless some miracle happens (though I may be on the lookout for a costume for my tiny). Christmas, though, I want to get them all hats and a tree and get them presents. I used to do that with my dolls as a kid and I thought it would be fun to get a holiday pic since, last year, I just couldn't get it together in time. XD

11. I don't have a doll yet.. but I do I'd definitely dress them up in festive clothing for the occasion. I feel that it brings the dolls closer to you and maybe the family if they were to be apart of the holidays.

12. I didn't do it last year, but I'd kind of like to make a special Halloween or Christmas outfit for the holidays. I'm tempted to make one of them a Halloween costume.

13. I probably won't be able to do anything for Halloween unfortunately, but during winter break, I really want to make then Christmas outfits. And *hopefully* we'll get some decent snow for outdoor photos!

14. Not really although I would like to. I have quite a few dolls and I don't always have seasonally appropriate clothing for all of them. As for holiday-themed attire, I do intend to get some Spampy Stuff Christmas outfits made for my tinies!

15. Yes! In fact, it just snowed where I am, so I made my doll a sweater and a scarf and a hat. I also am about to embark on making her a christmas sweater out of christmas socks with snowflakes and reindeer on them. I would feel bad for having my doll wear her autumn colored sleeveless dress in the winter, or shorts during the winter, or a huge heavy ensemble during the summer. It just wouldn't fit! She's going to have a bunch of christmas and winter gear when I'm done with her. She also has a Halloween costume (mummy!) and a nice Easter dress, as well as a snazzy New Years dress.

16. Seasonal temperature, no. But for certain holidays? Oh yes! Loads of fun. In fact, right now my girl is all kitted up for Halloween in a witch outfit I made for her, hat, broom, and all. She also has a candy-cane themed outfit for Christmas, though it was one of my earlier efforts and so will be getting some tweaking before being shown off to family this year. I'd love to also do something for Valentine's, but her character is not a big fan of the color pink, and being vinyl I'm not all that willing to risk most reds on her. On the bright side, she's got something green that I might dig out for St. Patrick's day.

17. Maybe a white dress with red trim would work, for avoiding the staining?

I tend to dress my dolls to fit the season, at least vaguely - Generally it just happens naturally, since in winter it's easier to imagine wintery photosets and scenes (Even if it's just posing the dolls sitting ont he sofa with cups of cocoa) and in summer, likewise.

At the moment, my unboxed dolls are wearing a dark grey tweed suit, a heavily-layered kimono (Juban, hiyoku, furisode and hanten), a school uniform and winter coat, and a set of flannel pyjamas. And it's bloody cold here!

18. Oh I would love to do that! But unfortunately, I don't have much money for my BJDs along with my other expensive hobbies (cosplaying, art, collecting figures) so I haven't had the cash for more than a few outfits for my boy. :P But now I'm saving and I'm going on a huge shopping spree for him, so I'll have to get him some clothes for winter, as there is this perfect little MSD-sized Christmas sled in a local store that I've had my eye on. ^-^

19. My first doll should be arriving around Christmas or just after. The first outfit I purchased for her is a dress that has gingerbread.

20. Thing is, that *very* closely describes her candy cane outfit. XD I guess I could try lining it, though so far I'm new enough at sewing that it turns out looking a little funny.

Or maybe I'll just be evil and make her wear pink. :mwahaha