1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dressing your dolls for Holidays!

Dec 24, 2010

1. I never have and probably never will. I've never even seen holiday clothing.

2. Heck, yes! XD
      ...mostly because my dolls are on prominent display and therefore contribute to the household decor. And I get bored.

Midsummer = light and airy clothing, with flowers for the girls
      Hallowe'en = dark, gothic, or Hallowe'en costumes
      Winter Solstice = coats, scarves, knitted hats X3

And then the rest of the year the entire crew's costumes are rotated by whatever theme I feel in the mood for (white lace, steampunk, Victorian, fantasy, etc)

3. No.... well, at least not in the sense you're thinking of. We don't get real summer or winter here in San Francisco, so the boys' outlandish outfits could be considered Seasonally Appropriate all year 'round. Leather and boots are always appropriate here, and every day is Halloween! And they wear scarves & sweaters in the depths of summer, as do I, when the fog is so cold every day. There's no wardrobe change for seasons.

And they do not do cabana-shirts or bathing suits, and they don't do pink or heart-prints, and they don't do Santa hats. Nobody wears pastels or flower-prints, either. House law. General holiday shtick is not a big thing here.

However, I confess that there is an MSD pumpkin-sweater, a pair of mini penguin-costumes, and a giant harlequin-costume lurking somewhere around here, as well as an SD16 bunny-tail thong. For very very very special occasions. :XD:

4. I'm embarrassed to say I do. They wear light clothes in the summer and woolies in the winter because I get hot/cold looking at them--and my mother knits. Tiny hats and mittens all around. And I do sew little holiday print things for them because it amuses me. Even like.. St. Patricks because I am a print/quilt fabric junkie, and what else will I do with tiny shamrock prints?

I do not, however, own any mini penguin costumes *_*

5. Yes I do. I think it's fun.

My main crew all have jackets to wear when it gets cold out and summery clothing for the warmer months. I even had a kind 40's play/swim suit made for my Volks girl when I took her Florida. I don't really have any holiday themed stuff with the exception on one random X-mas shirt my demon wears.

6. I would love to dress my dolls seasonally but I don't have enough clothes for them yet. hehe! I'm a real newbie in the world of BJD, so I've got some buying to do!

7. I always try to dress my dolls in seasonal-appropriate or holiday-themed outfits, both for actual holidays (like Valentine's or Christmas) and also for not-so-official ones (such as "Countdown to Harry Potter Book/Movie _" or "Otakon is Coming! Dress in Cosplay Week" XD). Right now almost everyone is dressed in some form of Halloween costume or themed outfit. They're in my room always out on shelves where I can see them, so it's fun to have them "match" each season as it changes.

8. I haven't dressed up my pukipuki in any holiday wear, but that is a really cute idea. I just don't like the idea of spending money on an outfit that would get used maybe once a year. However, perhaps I can sew a holiday dress or something. We shall see.

9. For me a gothic hipster and making the pants asap before i keep procrastinating lol but soon going to buy doll or a body for my doll head floating will see next year will order it si.

10. None. Halloween's not a big deal here in Germany - not yet, it's getting bigger as businesses all over find a new way to sell stuff to people. I have no time to make costumes for my dolls anyways ... My only Halloween decorations are a little figurine of a ghost and a mini-jack-o-lantern candleholder.

11. If I wasn't such a lazy bum I'd totally sew a costume.
      ...Sadly I'm a lazy bum. That and I'd probably need more fabric;;

12. I totally would if he was actually here. :l

13. Do any of you Dress your dolls/resin roomies/doll kids up for the Holidays?
      Currently, for the most part, no, but I have been working slowly on some Christmas outfits for them! I managed dresses for a few of the girls last year, and am hoping I can get some vests or tailcoats started for the boys this year. Once I get those handled, I may try starting to build wardrobes of clothing for other holidays, as well.

Do they get a chance to be displayed out for the enjoyment of friends and family? (Where do you display them if yes and if no, how come?)
      They're always out in my bedroom; I don't have a lot of guests over in general, but I'll try to take them to meets in their finery, or for those guests who know about them, let them take a look at the fancy outfits. And I'll be doing my best to get photos to share online, too!

Do they get to wear holiday themed outfits?
      This doesn't really feel like a very distinct question from the others, but I suppose the answer is yes. For the Christmas outfits I've been making, I'm using distinctly Christmas/winter themed fabric (poinsettias, snowflakes, and the like). If I do Easter ones, they'll be in very Easter and spring themes, and Halloween ones likewise would use Halloween-themed fabric, and so on, along with aiming for suitable styles for the time of year.

14. Do any of you Dress your dolls/resin roomies/doll kids up for the Holidays? (Any holiday pick one!;) However, if its more then one holiday please include! =) )
      I've always wanted to, but am yet to do so! It does make for an excuse to take more photos!!

Do they get a chance to be displayed out for the enjoyment of friends and family? (Where do you display them if yes and if no, how come?)
      My dolls are displayed anywhere and everywhere (that cats and kids can't reach).

Do they get to wear holiday themed outfits?
      Again, want to do this. This is the first year I'm making honest efforts. We'll see.

15. At some point I did intend to get some holiday/season appropriate outfits or accessories for Nadeko but I haven't actually done it yet. I think that it would be fun to do someday but I'm not too concerned about it so I don't know when/if I'll ever get around to it.
      Her bear does have a Christmas hat (because he came from a Christmas mug) but since she has him with her all year round that doesn't really count as a "Christmas" accessory. And we don't have seasonal changes here (it's summer for 50 weeks of the year and the other 2 weeks are Spring, Fall and Winter all lumped together for a few days each) so she doesn't really dress for the season/weather either.

16. Halloween costumes and Christmas sweaters. I'm not making ANY new costumes this year except for my newest girl, as everyone can wear last year's. The only newest ones I've done is a steampunk dress for my BBB Isabella and then Halloween sweaters made out of cute socks for both her and my RS Bei. And Christmas sweaters are a mandatory. They're fun to make and fun to photograph.

17. Do you plan to dress them up for Halloween or Christmas? Of course. My characters are cosplayers - a lot of them are Pagan - ergo Samhain/Halloween is the BIG holiday. & Winter Solstice as welll.

Do you plan to do photo shoots in Holiday spirit? Alreadly done a bunch - in fact have 2 Shutterfly books (one Trick or Treat & the other Opening Solstice presents)

Have any of you thought about/decided to decorate your dolls area for the Holidays? Always. Love little stuff.

Let me help you w/that:
      [​IMG]

#58 Teleri, Oct 18, 2015
      Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
    18. I have a scarf and coat for a couple of my dolls, but in general, I don't dress my dolls for the holidays. I do take pictures of them by the Christmas tree though! Now that I'm thinking about it, I kind of want to buy or make a few Santa hats for them XD

19. I have several holiday sweaters for my MSDs that were sold as BOTTLE covers LOL Also snagged a bright orange/camo hunting jacket that way :D