1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dressmaker Body Doubles?

Jan 10, 2005

1. Paper tape gets dampened with a sponge, like a stamp or envelope flap.

If you want to be especially efficient, you can put a sponge into a bowl with a bit of water, so the paper tape bits get brushed across the damp sponge & put into place.

Paper tape requiring water also means that when the double dries--it is No Longer Sticky.
      yay.
      Better for dolls & for doll clothes, not to have sticky potential mess around.

For Any 'duct tape dummy' method or its cousins, I'd recommend wrapping your darling up with plastic wrap as the first layer, as none of the glue or goo will be a good thing for a doll.

I've just been draping directly on my dolls, so far, but it's a little nerve-wracking trying So hard not to scratch the resin with a pin while also trying to fit closely onto the doll.
      eep.

Ann in CT

2. Plastic wrap. Hmm. Didn't think of that. I was just thinking of this lovely formula

Really expensive Resin Doll + Thin cotton fabric + Papertape stiffness/Wet Sponge Application= DISASTER

So... Would I just use a ginormous plastic bag?? ziplocks wouldn't fit over her and wouldn't contour quite right. Maybe Plastic wrap??? and Lots of it?

3. I think fabric and duct tape is ten times easier, as its what i have done on myself. i will try it with lyra this weekend, and post the results.

4. This helps a lot! i want to have a fue things made for my doll when she gets here!

5. I'm not sure if this is entirely useful for you, as I'm not sure about shops in the US... But at a craft store here (Spotlight) they had a paper-maché dress-makers torso that was MSD sized. I almost bought one, but they only had female, and I have a boy...

It would be a useful thing to have though if you wanted to make MSD dresses. And it was only $10, or so.