1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dust of Dolls - Doom

Mar 17, 2016

1. Thank you, @Dedra ^_^ <3

2. My Wawa arrived today! or rather, I got the no-doorbell-ring "attempted" delivery slip over the weekend and I was able to pick her up from the post office today. This is the first time i've seen a DoD doll in person and I am so impressed! I have so many competing ideas for her faceup though, so it may take me a bit to get that sorted out, but then I'll definitely share some pics ;)

anyone else got theirs yet? I'd love to see what you did with her :D

3. my Wawa came in, and she's gorgeous! her legs are totally drama, but I'm going to try the glue sueding.
      I can't seem to be able to post pictures here, I have pictures on my instagram. i will be keeping my eyes open to see who else got a wawa.
      i will post my instagram on my do a page:3nodding:

4. I'm slowly and patiently saving up for when Dust Of Dolls releases a strawberry resin Wawa. Uuuuuugh.

5. Regarding jeans for Bomi -
      These are a perfect fit over her large tummy and ample thighs, she can sit comfortably in them too.
      I bought them from BlueBloodDolls on ebay, they are EID Model Man size and come in blue, red, black and grey :)

[​IMG]

6. I finally managed to find Wawa head and she is on her way to me:D
      I'm over the moon by this! She is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to hold her in my hands.

I wish Dust of dolls would sometime in the future offer heads separately. I really like the faces they make but I'm not too fond with the body.

7. Tuulen , which body will you use for your Wawa head?

8. @pianissimo either Dollfamily H 58 girl body, Luts delf girl body or then Dollfamily H 58cm boy body. The match between Dust of dolls peach and Luts 2017 normal skin is 95-97% match and the rest of the match will be covered woth faceup :dance
      The necks might need some sanding, but that doesn't bother me. For the time being, I'll try if the Wawa head will fit to my Lillycat Ellanas plum body which is bigger than the Lune one. Plum body has 8cm neck, and Wawa has it too.

9. Tuulen, interesting. I also have a Lillycat plum doll , I found the body too slender for my Bomi and her head too wide, but not sure about Wawa. I've never tried sanding necks ... eek! :aeyepop: Good luck with yours and the other bodies, do post photos if it works well :)

10. @pianissimo My friend said Wawa is smaller than Bomi, like her head isn't as wide as Bomis is but I can't say that for sure. Plum body has the same chest and neck size, but the shoulders are wider on plum body than they are on Wawas body. Ellanas head is 20cm, while Wawas is 21 so there is a 1 cm difference in wig size though.
      Other friend tried Wawa head on that Dollfamily H 58cm boy body and it looked very nice and proportioned:D we'll see how this goes, but I for sure am dedicated to find the perfect body for her!

11. // Sorry for the double post ^^;

I received the Wawa head last month from the faceup artist at I am over the moon! She turned out even better than I ever imagined. And when I was last time talking about using my Lillycat Ellanas body for her and see how it looks, I must say it isn't that bad. The colourmatch is 100% accurate! Which was a surprise to me. I'm still waiting for the actual body to arrive so I can have it tattooed, blushed and have jointed hands for my Wawa :lol:

12. Hey all, I didn't receive the final layaway notice email for my Edda, but I thought it was about time and saw that the 3rd payment option was available in the website, starting on 1/25. I wanted to let you guys know in case someone else did not receive the email alert- which is weird, because I received it for the other two installments.

Edit: Turns out gmail randomly decided DoD emails were spam, even though none of the previous ones were. Yikes! I'm so glad I happened to think of it.

#212 bronzephoenix, Jan 28, 2022
      Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    13. Thank you for sharing this! I was just waiting, as I know they usually get behind on these things anyway. My last payment also went to spam, also from the 25th. I let them know in the order comments that this was the case.

Now that layaway payments are finished for us, I hope we don’t have too much longer of a wait to see some Eddas!

14. I have had a lot of trouble with the payments in general. I wanted to pay in full but the site rejected my card. I put it in as a layaway and they sent me a payment link which still didn't work. I called my bank and they didn't even see a charge being attempted. I asked Lyly to try a smaller payment amount and they didn't get back to me for about a month, but they sent me a Stripe invoice directly to my email (for 1/3 payment amount) and it worked. Lyly responded saying they got it and to let them know when I was ready for the second payment, which I did right away, but I haven't heard from them either through email or through the site since. That was on January 3 and I followed up again a week later. I've been checking my spam the whole time as well, they just seem very slow to respond.

15. They do only respond to emails on wednesdays. Not the best for time sensitive emails, but at least we know their schedule (though some of my friend son Instagram have said they have been looked over once, next message reminding usually gets responded to).

I had issues with my second payment and when I called my bank, they identified it as their site and 4 hours later it went through just fine. I have also had issues in the past with payments going through, it’s not good, but maybe a comfort that you’re not alone and they’re not quick to cancel when that happens.

16. I literally got an American Express just for this layaway, lol (the card was better than what I was using, so it worked out great for me)! Some credit card companies don't work well for purchases in Europe- my Visa would not go through for Dust of Dolls. But on the flip side, I made a purchase to a doll company in Asia, and they could take Visa, but not American Express! Apparently, different companies are more accepted in different parts of the world, even if the site says it takes cards from multiple companies.

Thanks for letting DoD know, @Cuteasadoll! It would be awful if someone missed their final payment because of this.

17. That makes sense! I would understand if the responses were weekly, but I have had more than a week between most of my responses. I try not to follow up more than once in two weeks because I feel very annoying. I agree that they don't seem fast to cancel and I appreciate that, it's just very odd to me to have someone delay so much in having me send them money, haha. I did try EVERYTHING on the original payment link that they sent over a period of a week (different browsers, calling the bank, different times of day, changing the way my name or address was written...) and it didn't work, but the email link worked with my card with no problem. I don't have any more payment links without them sending it to me though.

18. Hello, I was wondering if any of you knows the whereabouts of the owner(s) of dust of dolls. Like... they aren't answering my emails or posting on IG: is this a normal occurrence?

19. I haven't gotten a response from them since February. Tiya said that Lyly was busy but would sent me my next invoice soon and I haven't received it. I have followed up a couple of times but as I mentioned before they have not been communicative with me in general.

20. I also haven’t heard. Even though I know they’re spotty with communication, I have always gotten an email response by the following Wednesday in the past. I don’t know where they are this time around, it’s been some weeks since I sent my message asking for any updates.

EDIT: I just not received an email response, what timing. Not much news but at least they're active!
      "Dear Marisa,

We are actually still waiting for the dolls, there were some troubles from the factory on the casting as they are really big dolls and they've still got work on this pre-order, we are waiting for news from them to be able to inform the customers as soon as possible!

Regards,
      Dust of Dolls"

#220 Cuteasadoll, Jun 15, 2022
      Last edited: Jun 15, 2022