1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dust of Dolls - Doom

Mar 17, 2016

1. I hotglued her hip-spheres, but she is still very kicky, and her legs swivel, too. I might suede her, but I've never done it, Anne Pecaro on Youtube did it and it worked.

2. Very nice face up! Much better then previous face up. So delicate girl!))

3. Awww, thank you very much! ^_^

4. I thought hotglueing and sueding were the same thing? I did hot glue her which helped, but I think if I pad the hip joints inside with a sturdy foam it could help with the swiveling

5. Hotglueing often has the same effect than sueding, but sueding works a little better, I've just realised!
      I've done it on Bomi (on the hip joints), and hotglued her knees, and she can stand (with some playing around from the human). My sueding is not perfect, I didn't unstring her and it is not very beautiful, but I wanted effectiveness! She can stand, and here is the proof (she is near the wall, but standing freely, even if it does not look so...):

[​IMG]Macha by blablette1, sur Flickr

6. That's awesome! How did you suede her?

7. I used a cloth/suede I bought that is actually for cleaning the inside of the car (it's called "peau de chamois" in French), and I used the peeled off hotglue (as I had hotglued her at first) as a template. It's really very amateur-ish how I did it. I'm sure there are tutorials on the web for better ways to do it. ;-)

8. [​IMG]

Thanks @Blablette ! I just keep doing hot glue:lol:

So while I was trying to get her to stand, I noticed the big reason for the flopping was a lack of support in the thighs and hips, which is caused by very large open cavities in the thighs and hip joints that force the stringing to press on the back “walls” of these cavities.

So after a full hot glue suede on the lower half of her, I cut out some thick packing foam pieces and wrapped them inside to make the cavities much smaller, forcing the stringing to stay mostly in the middle.

I did this in the hip joints and the thighs, and it certainly seems to be working! Maybe this could help out too?

9. Wow, this is a neat idea!!!! ^_^

10. So my weakness when sewing is pants, and I was just wondering if anyone here has found any pants for purchase that fit her by chance?

11. Can't help you for pants :/

My lovely Bomi !
      [​IMG]

12. Well, idk if this counts? But SD sized stretchy tights fits...?

13. I can't help with pants either, I'd try sewing them myself, if you can @PuddingMolester , or trying stretchy tights, as @Shailara suggests.
      I've sewn my Bomi some bloomer shorts go go under her dress, sewing pants is not what I prefer sewing anyway, and it's not my Bomi's style, how conveeeenient! ;-) ;-) ;-)

change of subject: for standing problems, mine is on a saddle doll stand, now, her sueding is not perfect (I admit) and her legs still swivel quite a bit depite the suede, she is still trouble to make stand. But her prettiness makes up for all that. <3

14. Hi! Everyone's Bomi is so beautiful! I love her sculpt. I was wondering if anyone had any Lill pics to share?

15. I don't know who here follows Dust of Doll's on Instagram, but ever since they posted Wawa I dreamed of her more than Bomi. Just today at PNW I couldn't say no after hearing even with taking the doll home today, they'd let me layaway. The artists were so sweet and I love Wawa so much!
      Apologies, couldn't figure out the BB code from mobile Flickr, so here is a link to the beige beauty!

16. Wow! I'm surprised they let you layaway and take the doll home :V That really is super sweet! I saw your beauty on instagram :D She's a cutie patootie!

17. Oh wow, that was super awesome of them! She's very beautiful.

18. Just bought the first WaWa on the market place! Will be posting pictures when she arrives <3

19. Awwww, Wawas to come <3 congrats to the new owners!!!

20. Wawa is super beautiful- congrats to those of you who had the opportunity to welcome her. I was curious if I could bump this thread with more pictures. If I am lucky enough to welcome a Doom Bomi, I would love to see more pics and what to expect. I think I have to read a lot about sueding and hot gluing! Thank you to everyone who has provided clothing and wig information.:aheartbea

She would be my first resin doll outside of Volks brand and I will be very excited to see what she is like in comparison.:)