1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DZ Mo-2 and Megi-2 Chat

Dec 28, 2007

1. tis face up looks quite nice..personally feel that it looks sexy..lol (think it's the pose that is more sexy bah...lol)

2. As for Dollzone sanding tan dolls, my Plum is tan and I haven't seen any seams on her. She doesn't have any discoloration on her either, so I can't even find any traces of her sanding. :aheartbea
      Amy Angel, I think Riddick is easily one of the most recognizable dolls I've seen on DoA. I came across him several times, and after the first time I was like "There's Riddick!" "There he is again. My, he sure gets around!" "Hey, it's Riddick! I wonder what he's up to today? Plum needs goggles like Riddick's". :whee:

3. Thanks pandy, I don't have a tan DZ so I could only go with general info about tan dolls.

Riddick and Crow MAKE goggles sexy!;)

4. I love Mo too.

5. Kitter - Actually I had the character almost 8 to 10 years before I ever got the doll. ^-^ He's from a long-standing RP with a friend of mine, and he's always been a drag queen. As soon as I saw the Mo mold with the -2 face-up, I about fell over going "ITS TANSO!" and had to have him. ^-^ <3

He's a demanding, attention-grabbing little thing, but I love him anyhow.

6. That sums up Dollzone rather nicely I think!

7. Aww! Riddick and Crow (and I) say thanks! My pilot boy Baron has no goggles, yet. I'm debating between making them and commissioning some actual pilot-style ones, since he actually kind of NEEDs them. His head's smaller, so I may need to commission them. Then almost everyone has goggles (except the pirates) which might be a bit of overkill - Finn doesn't have hers yet but as mechanic she really SHOULD. So I'm not sure. I do love the goggles, though!

Riddick's not too demanding, thankfully, but he and Fitch are definitely attention grabbing. Riddick smirks and Fitch flirts. Fitch has been sitting on their couch with Kestrel's head in his lap staring challengingly at me lately. I need to take him to my friend's house and take some pictures - she has some nautical stuff I could maybe use in photo backgrounds.

8. KarieChaos - Oh, okay. I was just wondering, since like I said, lots of pretty boys out there, and I was curious as to whether he had come from a previous idea or you'd seen him and was like, "He'd make a beautiful Drag queen!"

On a bit of a different note, I have a bit of a problem. Browsing the forum and even the internet for research and inspiration, I've come across so many tutorials for face-ups. So now I'm unsure whether I want to order my first doll, my mo-2, with the default face-up.

As a first timer, it would probably be best to get my doll with it, so that I can learn from it and focus on other aspects, and I really do like the default, but there are a few minor details I don't, like the thinner eyeliner line and using the almost brownish for the lips and eyeshadow/blushing around the eyes on such pale skin (I'm getting the white.) What do you think? I have some artistic skill, but none in the area of make-up on the human face. (I think this would help, no?)

Also, is it possible to request a custom (colour change) face-up even if you buy through the distributer (featherfall)?

9. I don't know about ordering customs - you'd have to ask Featherfall about that one. I personally think, especially for your first doll, if you like the majority of the faceup it may be best to get the default. If it's only minor things you don't like, you may be able to adjust it if it really bothers you, and they can be wiped later if you want. That's just my opinion, though.

I took some pictures of Riddick today, he was really cooperating well. Here's the gallery post, but I'll put one or two here also.

[​IMG]

A closeup of the Mo-2 faceup. It's so detailed and gorgeous, it looks even better zoomed way in on the high resolution photos.
      [​IMG]

10. Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I'm just a bit afraid of trying to fix it and then messing it up >>

Ahhh Riddick! Wow, I guess it does help to look at other people's photos.. He looks sooo good there<3 All I can think to say is Icantwaitformineomgwhut! XD

11. When I ordered my Plum I had sacrificed the faceup to justify the cost of the tan, and I thought I could just do it myself. I really regret doing that though, because I am terrible at faceups. That is just my experience though, because there are a lot of people who just keep trying and trying with their first doll's faceup until they get it right. I am kind of paranoid of doing that though, because the first time I wiped her face her tan lightened for a while, and because I don't have very good materials to wipe the face when I mess up. :sweat

12. Thanks for the input Pandy! I think I would be terrible at them too, since I'm not that great with pastel or acrylic, and like I mentioned, I can't even do my own makeup..just eyeliner for me :sweat

You all are so helpful! Is it possible to see more pictures of your mo's and megi's? They're so cute:D and seeing different works on them is inspiring :)

13. Well here are some of Sachi in her new dress and one close up of her faceup (i think was her original default) also I ordered her a blonde wig to go with the whole alice theme. not sure if I will keep it after halloween. I am thinking of keeping it just so she can place Alice every so often. She likes cosplaying even if it's not anime cosplays lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. ah Mikaren, even without the blonde wig, she looks so pretty in that dress! the pink hair adds to the sweet image I think. I love the detail of the dress's lace especially though, and how it's just enough to capture attention without it being overwhelming! And the choker is a nice finishing touch.

15. Yea the dress is actually three different pieces of lace I put together. I actually had a diff look in mind, but I messed it up and ruined the dress, than messed some more with it and this is what came out! I think it looked better than my original intention! lol

16. ur gal look pretty and sweet in that pink dress..
      that's a nice dress that u sewed. thumbs up for ya ^^

amydreams << i like ur boy! he's soo cute & handsome ^^
      like his whole outfit, and the goggles on his head...lol

17. It's my Mo-2, recently I gave him a new faceup
      [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. soooo cute!

and thank you Vodka......now how often do u hear THAT sentence!? HA!

19. That wig is PERFECT on him Darina!!! He is gorgeous!

20. So browsing through the forums and various sites while saving up money, I've come across a few dolls that are calling to me - problem is, they're all SDs! And I swore to myself for various reasons (finacially, spacially, etc) that I wouldn't go there! So I have a question and a request:

Have any of you been wavered by a pretty face while buying a megi or mo, but were then glad for your decision when you followed through and got him/her?

Also: Picture spam? Can't get enough of Megis and Mos :)