1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

e-mail from Doll & Hobby about the end of selling Volks

Sep 28, 2005

1. Will they ship orders from the new store? and take preorders?

Well I hope so! because we don't all live in that state LOL.

2. Dang. I guess this means I won't be getting the MSC I ordered from them a while back then. D:

3. Re: scalpers (not official distributors like D&H!)

As a customer, believe me, I'd much rather my money be going to the original artists and creators as well; it's not just the "cost" factor. What Volks has is a very-hard-to-get supply and larger-than-they-anticipated demand problem...

4. D+H got me my first doll, my beloved wonderful beautiful Ryo who I love dearly. I wish them all the success in their other doll lines. It's very sad, but on the other hand it seemed as though it was frustrating sometimes for them to deal with missing shipment items and such, so perhaps with the new Volks store items will be easier to get for us.

5. Since Volks stated in their notice about hiring here in the US that they are looking for web designers and shipping people, I am going to assume they will be doing more shipping here in the US.

However it is the old supply and demand problem, that is, if they can't make enough of an item, it will be harder to get, no matter who is selling it. I really do think they try very hard to get their product out there, it's just there are so many people who want it, and the numbers will be going up.

At least they are trying to see if they can actually sell directly to us, without the overseas shipping stuff. Which is really a big step for them and I wish them all the success in the world!

6. I'm sad beyond the loss of a Volks retailer....if you've ever been to the store, it's a wonderful place full of all sorts of toy treasures, we never failed to find something to buy even though my timing for Volks dolls was normally suckola. I will miss visiting them on my trips to see the inlaws in DeLand :(

I hope he finds greener pastures in St. Augustine...it's rather a touristy town, so perhaps the commerce there is better than downtown DeLand.

7. I wonder what this means for our preorder....Now I'm worried...that really sucks! I perordered a DD2 body for my roommate....does anyone know what's going to happen with those orders? :?

8. I found Frank to be an extremely thoughtful and helpful person. He loved being able to bring Volks dolls and products to us and probably frustrated with the limited supplies that came in for all the demand and interest that was here in the United States.

I truly wish him well and find it sad that he will no longer have a physical doll shop but many doll shop owners are having to switch to a virtual store to stay competitive and to lower their overhead.

And I happily bought a beautiful SD13 Link from him and this doll is gorgeous!! :oops: :oops:

PS - I think the U.S. could have handled the two shops since this is a much larger country. I just wonder whether people who do not live in California will be able to order a custom FCS doll through the LA store. *keeps fingers crossed*

9. as to the preorder, no one knows,... but always with the preorders, you never know if you're going to get the stuff , as frank never knew whether volks was going to fill his whole order or not.

10. That is too bad, I hope it doesnt hurt their shop, since I have heard so many times about their good service even though I havent shopped there myself. At least it sounds like they had the intention to change their shop any way. I hope they do well in the new location and with their other customers! :daisy