1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ebay seller, Releaserain

Jan 6, 2007

1. wow, and I just bought from them yesterday (a pair of boots and a wig). I knew the pictures were familiar, but I didn't read the descriptions really, so I didn't realize it could be that they were implying it was their product. >.>

<3 Laura

2. i have buy a wig for my yo sd anne on ebay.i received the wig but it is not the same that i have buy on the ebay store.
      i think releaserain scammed the pics on the other web site or arranged the pics with "photoshop".but really is not the same !!!!!!!
      i am disapointed !!!!!!

3. i made 5 transaction with releaserain without any problem...it's all i can say...fast and perfect no problem at this day

4. I'm sure they sell and ship fast, and that's why their feedback is good.

It's the fact that they're stealing all their clothing designs from other companies that is wrong. Not to mention the fact that they are posting pictures that do not belong to them (which is clear violation of Ebay TOS), which may lure customers into believing they're buying something of quality, when they really aren't.

If this was all based in America, Releaserain would be sued for copyright/trademark violation, no questions asked. The evidence against them is more than enough. They'd also be sued for using pictures that are legally copyrighted to another company, as pictures fall into the "media" category.

Personally, I think buying a stolen design is exactly akin to...say...buying a "Gucci" (Guuci?) handbag off the streets of New York for $20 when I know that bag is nowhere near to being the real, $1,000 (and up) thing.

And the fact that the quality of the knockoffs seems to be so cheap compared to Luts's work could possibly be damaging to Luts's reputation, since there may be people out there who see the pictures taken from the Luts site and think that they are actually the real product, and then get the other instead and complain to Luts about the horrible quality of the product. Hey, I've already heard of it happening a few times, and I've been in this hobby for less than a year!

Anyway, I reported the company to Luts, and this is the response they gave me:

So the company obviously feels as I do, and that Releaserain is doing something very wrong.

5. I actually "watched" tracked items from this seller... :o Now I know better.
      I actually have a few sellers I visit while on Ebay... makes me wonder exactly what ones are legit. One is from Japan, I got my volks from him. One is from China, and I bought a wig from her. So far I've been happy with my purchases, but now that I'm on this forum, I'm seriously considering just buying from the manufacturer ( spelling awful :doh ) directly to avoid being ripped off.

6. I'm fairly sure the only reason this person is still up is because eBay IS very slow about this sort of thing. I have experiences I'd rather not get into, because it involves items that DoA might not appreciate me talking about. xD But my mother's auctions got shut down for something several times, and then eBay would do nothing about another woman doing the EXACT same thing. It's really really hard to explain when you can't talk about the items. XDD Either way, eBay is slow and has bad customer service.

7. I had this same problem with her recently.I bought a wig from her because the pics showed it as being a particular wig from Dream of Doll and when it arrived it wasnt even close. Needless to say I was royally pissed off. I dont think she gets as much bad feedback as she deserves because she bribes people to not leave bad feedback.She both refunded my money and told me to keep the wig in exchange for not leaving back feedback. I probably should have left the feedback anyway.She had stolen pics up from Luts,Dream of Doll and Volks at the time and I contacted each of them with links to her auctions.

8. Sadly, releaserain is far from being the only ebay seller that does this - buyers who care about that sort of thing should be wary.

9. When we contacted Dream of Doll, Volks and Luts we got no response.Hopefully they'll be watching her now that she has been reported again.

10. Well, I told Luts about it last night, and they responded to my message right away. I'm sure now at least they'll be keeping a close eye on her and maybe try to get her account deleted (not that it'll stop her from creating another one or anything).

If Volks and Dream of Doll don't care enough to investigate, well, neither do I. It's their reputations on the line, after all, so its up to them to do something about it.

11. I've bought from them too... I didn't realize that they were implying the products were theirs, so I didn't react when I saw the same shoes on dollmore a while later. Wow, I feel a bit bad about it now ;_;

12. I have done business with this eBay seller. I have bought 2 pairs of MSD-sized sneakers for my Obitsu-bodied Lishe, and I just ordered a pair of SD-sized ballet slippers. The completed transaction went smoothly with no problems and the sneakers were good quality and less expensive than identical sneakers from other sellers. As far as I know, these items were not copies of any other company's designs.

As to the copied items, I notice that you haven't made any price comparisons. Some of you seem to be angry because the Luts pictures implied to you that the items were actual Luts items (although the seller never stated that they were) and were not. The price should have told you that they were not. For instance, the pink Inlace outfit: Luts' price $66, releaserain price $19. Hey, you get what you pay for!

While I truly do not believe that this seller is out to "scam" anybody, I agree that the use of the Luts photos is wrong, since she is not selling the Luts items. She does show the actual items as well, but it is always the best eBay policy to use photos only of the actual item you are selling.

As to the designs, I have no idea whether they are copyrighted at all, let alone what the international legalities are. I do agree that it is a bad idea to make such obvious copies, when just a few changes would make them acceptable, and I would not be inclined to buy them myself for this reason.

13. I'm sad to see that they're doing this. I bought a wig from them last month. It was a perfect transaction and I'm very happy with the wig. It's sad that they're not as honest with their other transactions :(

14. Boy, I'm really glad that I was smart enough to do a search for this seller before I bought anything! I was cruising around ebay tonight and saw that she had some cute wigs, but I didn't realize that she was _copying_ them, I though she was selling actual Lutz items. I'm so, so glad that you guys are on top of things like this!

<3
      Addie

15. I'm curious as to any news regarding this seller. They're still in business on ebay, and I almost bought boots from them, but would like any news. :o

16. Thanks for the heads-up. I was about to go surfing eBay for some new wigs and outfits. XD

17. I've bought shoes from her before, I've never had any problems. Of course, I wouldn't recognize brand name knock-offs anyway. None of the things I've bought from her claimed to be name-brand anything, and the shoes were very cute. I dunno.

18. I haven't heard anything else from Luts about this. I reported it to them, but if they don't do anything about it, there's not much else I can do.

I tried to report them to Ebay, but Ebay pretty much sucks when it comes to navigating the site, and when I finally got everything typed out, which took over an hours, the damned thing gave me a message saying their system was down for upgrades. ARGH!

Well, like I said, now we know why people get away with selling so much illegal crap on Ebay. They make it nearly impossible to report the sellers for it. >_<

I'd say anyone who wants to buy from ReleaseRain, go ahead. Just don't expect the kind of top-quality outfits their pictures would lead you to believe they sell. Cheap knockoffs are cheap knockoffs, and you get what you pay for, after all.