1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ebay seller, Releaserain

Jan 6, 2007

1. They don't claim for anything to be name-brand; they imply it with the photos they steal. People who are familar with BJDs recognize them.

2. I did not perceive krambear's comment to be rude. She's pointing out that the serious concern and issue with this seller is that the seller is using RECOGNIZABLE images to sell products that are not those in the photographs. No personal insult was intended - ball-joint doll collectors who are familiar with various companies and products recognize the images and therein is the implied marketing.

Thank you! :)

3. Lose the chip on your shoulder? :sweat

There are plenty of people here who peruse Y!J and eBay on a regular basis, enough for them to recognize certain *trademarks* of sellers. The number of dolls you own is irrelevant.

4. I'm so glad someone brought this up! It's been annoying me for ages :/ They've had several blatent rip-offs of JSC outfits, and several I recognise from other Y!J sellers. It's the way they even use the original photographs that's so arrogant ¬_¬

5. I'm so upset! I just found out about this ebayer :( I purchased the below outfit :( I'm so worried now. I guess all i can do is sit back and wait :(

:: sigh ::

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=130108733192&rd=1&rd=1

I will say that if i DO get the outfit, i'm not really sure what to do. I most certainly am not going to throw it away because it is not the original. However, If i had known ahead of time that this was a copy, i wouldn't have made the purchase :( :: sigh :: What should I do? :(

6. Well, you'll most likely get their version of the outfit just fine, as seen in the bottom photos, but it's definitely not the Siojimomo original. That was auctioned for 53,000 yen, quite a bit above the Releaserain asking price. (You can see more of Siojimomo's original photos on their website, since the larger ones from the auction were removed.)

I'm afraid there's not really much you can do about it at this point. Although Releaserain is deliberately misleading buyers by ripping off well-known sellers' designs and even using the original photos, they're still tacking photos of the "real thing" on at the end. So what you see is what you get, but... they make it out to be better than what it is by riding on someone else's talent. It's an expensive lesson, unfortunately.

7. But what would the lesson be? I mean I always read feedbaack, and everyone raved about him. I guess the only lesson i can really take from this is that you cannot even trust Ebay, to take control of this problem.

The feedback was great, the pictures of the outfit were there, (altho now i know they are not THEIR pictures, etc) but i did all i could do to prevent this from happening.

But now i'm stuck with the outfit, because i most certainly will not sell a duplicated outfit to someone here, just to get my money back. I have no problem when the "copy" of an outfit is because someone wanted it in a color that is not available, etc, because that makes it DIFFERENT. But it does upset me when being deliberately misled.

has anyone notified the sites that the pics belong to?

8. As somebody else stated, you'll probably get that outfit, just their version of it, which is probably much cheaper in quality (thus the inexpensive price).

I'd notified Luts awhile ago (the same day I started this thread) about this seller using so many of their pics. Not sure what they ever did about it, though. But I noticed a few of the pictures seem to have been changed on the seller's pages.

I tried to report the seller to Ebay, as well, for using other people's copyrighted pictures on their pages, which is (supposedly) in violation of Ebay's TOS. But after spending hours typing up that damned report, I sent it off and immediately got a message claiming that the report system was down for maintenance, and to try again later. I lost everything I'd typed, all the links, all the product numbers, and there was no way in seventh hell I was gonna sit on my ass for another three hours and type it all out again, and then try to find the right "reference form" to fill in (that in itself is a torture worthy of hell).

Word of advice: when reporting anything to Ebay, copy/paste everything you write, first, so you don't go through what I did in the end. It's not fun, trust me. ^^;

It's really no wonder why so many sellers get away with selling illegal junk on ebay. The site completely sucks when it comes to being able to report things quickly and easily. Whoever thought up that system needs to be smacked upside the head for it, and then forced to fix it.

Eh, sorry. Ending rant now. ^^;

9. Ebay used to be really good about protecting it's buyers. Now, it seems they have gotten so big that they no longer care because "Well, Hell, if we lose one, it doesn't make any difference".
      Paypal is starting to fall into that category too.

10. Unfortunately, you are the victim of the fact that you DO NOT know these well known artists on Y!J, I think. While they might be misleading people into thinking they're the popular seller items, I actually believe it's more of a ploy to make the items look more appealing than they really are @_@; Because I would think anyone who knows these Y!J artists know what to look for (if you compare the pictures closely, you can see that the designs are not the exact same because releaserain cannot duplicate it exactly) and would do a double take if they saw a BIN on an outfit that went for 500$ on Y!J. But, unfortunately, you'd have to be suspicious in the first place.

I'm really sorry this happened to you, that's quite a bit of money to lose, even if it's not the 500$+ the original would have cost you. The best advice I can give is that when you see images like that on ebay, compare them to the best of your ability. Also, it might be handy to browse Y!J once in a while to keep in mind what other seller images look like (I've heard its' kinda popular to take the images from Y!J as I believe there were problems with sellers on ebay using doll photos from Y!J, too). I don't think there's any lesson to be learned other than that a lot of people are dishonest and as this hobby grows people will do anything to make a buck. Now you know you have to double check when purchasing items.

The problem with notifying the sites is the language barrier. While plenty of users can communicate with them in Japanese to notify them, if the sellers don't speak English and can't contact ebay themselves directly claiming the images are theirs, Ebay will most likely ignore anyone else who complains.

11. yah, i compared these photos to the link i was sent from someone here. It is the exact photo set. This individual is DEFINATELY making people believe that the outfits are genuine. They say "handmade", but technically, all of these outfits are handmade. That is very misleading!

12. :( Thanks for bumping this comicbookartistboi, I was actually looking at some of their stuff too and had been saving a little $ aside to make a few purchase from that seller. Not now!!

13. My sister actually posted up about releaserain quite a bit ago. She also ripped releaserain a new one on Ebay and the seller asked her not to leave bad feedback and refunded her for the craptacular wig that she sold fraudulently as a Dream of Doll wig. She didnt leave her bad ebay feedback, but reported her here instead. Releaserain is definately a long-time scammer and probably not going away. We reported her to 5 companies she had stolen pictures from that day

14. I just recently bought from them...I didn't know they were claiming these wigs were their own. I bought a white wavy wig from them only cause it was the exact DOT wig I've been waiting for my girl that had been sold out for months. So I guess they're claiming they make the Dream of Doll wigs too?

15. I think what they're leading customers to believe is that they sell real Dream of Doll wigs, when, in actuality, what you'll most likely be getting is a really cheap ripoff that they made themselves, nowhere near the quality of the real thing.

By stealing the DOD (and Luts, and other) company pictures and slapping them onto their ebay listing pages (which is illegal and in direct violation of Ebay TOS), they're implying that the wig you see is the wig you'll be getting, when that really isn't the case. Thus, what they're giving you is false advertising.

16. Exactly. My sister bought what she thought was the Dream of Doll WT-14 wig, and recieved this cheap, rough black wig that felt like a dog and looked like a big puffy brain. When you get your wig, complain, get your money back and leave her fraudulent seller feedback. She'll piss and moan about it and try to get you to pull the feedback or talk you inot leaving her none so she can continue selling

17. I have been looking at a couple of things that are offering for sale, nothing expensive just some Blythe shoes, so was interested to see this thread.
      I noticed that they have over 8,000 positive feedback and out of them there are only 14 neg feedback.
      People must be happy to buy from them whether or not they are selling copies. So is it the buyers fault that they do so well?
      I don't think the shoes i am interested in are copies (could be wrong of course) so will go ahead and order from them as they obviously ship the stuff out and seem to reliable in that respect.
      Just my observation.

18. We can only vouch for the wigs being of extremely poor quality and fit(7-8 wig was actually too big for a 9-10 head no matter how much she claims that it should fit). I SHOULD have left her bad feedback but she bribes/begs you with a refund and keeping the item in order to keep you from leaving any feedback for her. She was extremely nasty in her emails to me and harrassed me till I agreed to not leave any feedback.

19. Ok, i got my outfit today. I'm noticing now, that there are definately some MAJOR differences. Although the outfit is well-made, there are a few shortcuts i'm noticing now. There is supposed to be a strap sewn to the cape to act as a closure. There is a belt for it, but it is not sewn to the cape. There is also supposed to be a cross dangling from the left side of the skirt/belt. It is also not there, nor is the chain shown in the pic, that is supposed to be hanging on the belt/skirt. The straps for the arms and legs are WAY too long. Also, the pieces that you put the belt through after buckeling it (to hold the extra length) are not present.

I will give them credit for making the outfit (albiet a fake) and putting alot of time into it. It is fully lined. It's a shame they devote their time to making fake outfits, as they are a VERY VERY skilled tailor. The outfit looks professional! Why dont' they just make their own??*_*

I don't get it. She is very clearly a skilled seamstress. :( Why waste time making other people's designs???? I've bought alot of outfits, and outfit pieces on Ebay, and on DOA, and other than professional companies, i have YET to see quality like this from an individual seller. :: sigh :: I just don't understand the need to rip off another artist :( I'd love to see her make her own designs. Her work is gorgeous.

She could do so much better if she would just go legitimate, and make her own clothing! If she did this, and made her own designs, honestly, i'd be a fan for life. The quality is amazing. However, i cannot (with a conscience) buy from her again knowing she is ripping off other artists who came up with the designs. It just isn't right no matter HOW good the outfit is.

I am emailing her to discuss what she is willing to do from here. :: sigh :: I can't believe i bought a fake. I feel so horrible for the original artist who designed this outfit, as i feel like somehow, I have ripped them off :(

Below are comparison pics, of the original pics (posted strictly for comparison purposes) and the outfit I was sent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]