1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ebay seller, Releaserain

Jan 6, 2007

1. i've been warning a few different people regarding this seller. That their stuff isn't the real deal. That they are getting the seller's own version of the outfit. I wrote to them, to talk about the situation. Here is the response i got.

"First, we have to clarify that we are not selling fake items which we have clearly pointed out all the item descriptions clearly on the listing. Our design may be similar to the outfit from others, but we are not copying other outfits under the brand from others. Moreover, we have listed all the items elements on the item description page. According to the law, I am not selling fake items since we are not marking other brand’s name on the listing and selling you other thing, and we have clearly described all the elements of the product included. It’s unreasonable to claim that we are selling fake items. If some buyers purchased other brand outfit which is similar to our products, and say our items are fake, it’s extremely unfair to us. "

The logic of this individual amazes me. They actually beleive that what they are doing is not only LEGAL, but that they are NOT ripping off the original creator!!!

2. Copying the design of clothes isn't unheard of, especially in the fashion world. I imagine that designers like Gucci would forever be in court if they were able to sue for copying one of their designs.
      I don't see how doll fashions are different from real life, yes, it's sucky, but you can't go to jail for copying someone's design so long as you are not claiming that the copy is an original. :roll:

3. I just went to see her eBay store and it seems like she's using her own pictures now? I'm not sure, but the few outfits I saw didn't look professionally taken, like the ones she was stealing previously O_o;;

4. i just recieved two wigs i commissioned from her. i have no complaints. i put the order in three weeks ago and just recieved them today. and both are exactly as i specified. paid 30$ for each. 30$ for a wig that's exactly as i want it and couldnt be found elsewhere is hard to argue with for me.

5. I bought boots from her, and I've looked at her auctions for wigs and the like. I notice she says that the style will be SIMILAR to the photo shown but may not match precisely as things are handmade.

I would rather make my own clothes or get them from trustworthy friends, but...meh, I'm happy with the shoes I got from her, so.

6. kind of OT but I bought a pair of eyes and they were shipped late last week and I got them today..super fast ship I'd say..

7. ..i almost bought something but im so glad i didnt after seeing this..:( i thought they had many good items..

8. That's really crappy about the clothes and wigs. :( Releaserain is my favorite source for glass eyes and I've bought 3 pairs from him/her without incident.

9. I buy items and i am very happy with this seller >__<

10. I too have purchased from this dealer and I have left positive feedback.
      I guess it is all relative to what one's expectations are. I was happy with the workmanship of the items and the items. I was happy with the fast delivery.
      There was a misunderstanding on my order and she corrected it immediately and very easily without any hassles. I do not buy name brands for myself so I really don't care about it for my dolls. I find the market place always copies successful fashions for the masses and sells them at dreadful places like Wal-mart or Target. So as long as my dolls look nice, I am happy. They may be wearing clothes made in sweatshops by little children but that would be a whole other issue. LOL!!!!!

11. the wig listings say that NOW...it wasnt always like that till I chewed her out. Wigs are the only thing I bought from her a while back, but she was incredibly rude and unpleasant in every pm

12. *mildly* I'm glad you convinced her to make the disclaimer, then.

13. Wow, who new. This is my first BJD so I'm kind of new to all of this. But thanks for the warning!! Thats why I love DoA it keeps you posted on all fronts. Again,Thanks for the warning!!

14. I'm a bit confused about this. It seems to me all her outfits are modelled by her own dolls using different wigs. I don't see any stolen photos from manufacturers sites.

Or is it because she has cleaned up her act since this thread was started?

15. she's cleaned up her act since the thread was started, apparently.

16. Oh wow. I didn't know they had problems! I bought a few pairs of Volks Eyes from them, and they came brand new and all went well. :|

17. I've bought several detailed clothing items from this seller and have not had any reason to complain. It was quality workmanship and bore the labels as stated in the ebay ads.

I would think if there was copying goin on she/he has learned a lesson, or perhaps it's a matter of which items are being bought.

18. I bought a pair of sneakers from them, that fell apart and they promptly refunded my money without question and didn't even ask for the sneakers back.

19. Whoa...I feel so...confused. I am a loyal buyer from Releaserain...but now I'm so unsure about everything I've bought!!!! Geez...I feel so...used.
      Sure, they ship fast and the quality (of what I've bought) is good...but if they are copying off of any brand it's way wrong. I mean...yikes. I wish I had better words to say >.< I'm glad I found this thread tho.

20. I love releaserain - they've always given me good products and service.

I don't intend on denying them my business.