1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ebay seller, Releaserain

Jan 6, 2007

1. O_o I just bought a wig from them but ended up returning it because it didn't fit.

In all honesty I messaged them about the wig I bought from them to ask what company it was from before I ordered it- and they replied saying it was a luts wig.

So I don't think they are claiming them as their own... just not mentioning it =\

2. KGdaKat : I agree with you. I have brought "fake" clothing for myself before.

3. We have used them for various items and they have shipped fast and the quality was great- admittedly we were not buying and one off outfits or anything. If they are changed enough then they are not a copy- I am afraid most of the links don't work anymore so I can't comment on how close the 'copy' was.

Maybe we should ask ourselves why we are happy that our own clothes are copies from the catwalk and famous designers, becaue that is what fashion is- especially fast fashion in stores.

4. I bought shoes from them and I have no complaints. *hides*

5. I've purchased an overalls and shirt set from this seller and I find the overalls and shirt to be a very nice quality. I am satisfied with the transaction.

6. Hmm.. I've placed order after order to this seller and actually highly reccomend them to all my friends. The goods arive fast and are top notch! I don't see them claiming the products to be made by them, nore do they mention a brand name (like Luts or whatever) So chances are they are knock offs, but for the price you know what they say.. "if somethings too good to be true..." As well as its from China Soooo.. *Shrugs* They offer quality products at reasonable prices Unfortunately things like this happen wether we like it or support it or not. As for me, I know its knock offs, but it looks good and its affordable and lets me spoil my resin brats rotten as well as i've not had an issue with the seller ever, they even discounted my shipping once when I ordered a LOT from them ^_^; Which was nice of them.

But yeah,. just my 2c.

7. I was kind of surprised to see an ebay seller I frequently buy from up in this section. I've ordered several pairs of shoes and wigs from Releaserain. Always got them super fast and have been pleased with the actual items. My favorite wig came from these guys! Just wanted to add my positive experience with them up here, just so people aren't scared away from them.

Personally, (don't hit me for this!) I don't see anything wrong with knockoffs. So long as they are not saying they are by the original company. I mean look at the market place here, there are always people asking for knock offs of things they couldn't find or afford otherwise.

8. They used to show pictures from the companies they were copying/inspired by/whatever. So even if they didn't claim they were selling Luts wigs, the implication was there with the use of Luts's photos.

9. I buy jewellery from them all the time. I've never seen it anywhere else, but I have blinked at some of their clothing. They ship fast, package well though and that's a hell of a lot more than I can say from most ebay shops and half the companies I've bought from.

Also, if they meet the requirements for enough alterations for it to no longer legally be a copy, and the original item is no longer available? I, personally, don't have a problem with it. If you do, don't buy from them

10. Dennis/bobobie for those who don't know <.<;; whoops. :doh

11. Actually, Jessicahu from eBay stole the idea from Dream of Doll, who was the first to make those for dolls (in black, then later in pink).
      Dream of Doll stole the idea from either TredAir or TUK human size shoes that were sold at Hot Topic (somewhere in the DoA archives there is a discussion about this).
      I had a pair of black ones when I was in middle school; don't know what happend to them.

12. They are alike & both cute - but I bet I know which cost more! I am all for knock-offs. Sometimes I like an outfit or shoes enough to pay alot for it.......but mostly I'd rather buy a knock off & save myself some money. That goes for both me & my dolls.

13. Jeeze, I just bought a pair of glass eyes from them! I'm assuming they were limited editions (black sclera and gray iris)-- they listed Luts in the product description, but when I looked on the Luts site, I couldn't find any sign of them there. D: I'd just assumed that releaserain were resellers or something.

14. I need to be honest. I bought from them tennis and I bought a new pair today. I don't think I would stop buying from them because of this because although they make a mistake they have a cute variety of shoes in good prices and good quality. I don't really had never bought a pair of shoes of more than $50 for myself why should I bought one for my doll when I can buy a cheaper one with the same style? It's just my opinion. Don't throw me rocks:sweat

15. Exactly so. Most mass-market/discount/department store clothing is knock-offs . Personally, I've had nothing but good experiences with this seller, and haven't seen anything I've bought anywhere else. The "fraudulent" in the header of this topic, without even the grace of a question mark after it, is starting to annoy me --

16. I notice that the cat shoes are running around all ebay and about clothes, It's not illegal make a replica of clothes if the pattern is not under copyright. Now... if LUTS have copyrigt of the design then it is ilegal. I also think that fraud is a huge word to be said lightly. This is the last thing I would say about it, ok?;)

17. Actually, $11.95 or so cents for the ebay ones with over $4 shipping, don't know on bobobie's shipping, but they're only $12, and with bidding on them, the ebay ones can get higher...

18. Yeah, but this person uses names like Luts/DOD on her opening for them, she doesn't claim it's from them, but until recently used official photos and her title names say things like Luts DOT maryjane shoes or whatnot, it is rather misleading at times.
      I personally would rather buy used, or higher quality than knockoffs. But I am also poor, so I'd rather make my own unique designs. (when I can sew better)

Still, look at the quality on the sites, stitching wise compared to the ebay seller. All the others look nicer in general, less rough.