1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ebay seller, Releaserain

Jan 6, 2007

1. I feel the same way.

Many ebay sellers of items for bjds put Volks, Super Dollfie, Luts, DOD and other names in their titles, meaning that the item is for dolls from these companies, not that the item is made by them.

This particular seller has stopped using company photos, which they seem to have realised was a mistake. I think they deserve to be forgiven, and I think the title of this thread should be amended. This is a good, honest seller and I have had several transactions with them where the goods were of excellent quality for the price, the shipping was fast and the communication was good. In my opinion, to call them fraudulent is libelous. I would reserve that term for scammers, ripoffs, cheats and thieves (may they rot in Hell).

2. It's not misleading, it's an attempt to get as many hits on the auction as possible. kcurry9 hit it dead in the black, it's to indicate the item is FOR dolls from those companies, not necessarily FROM the company in question.

Agreed. I've had many very good purchases with this seller and absolutely no complaints, and it doesn't seem fair to continue to vilify a seller who's obviously made a concerted effort to keep their practices aboveboard.

3. I agree.. there are so many scammers already... if we keep looking for faults then the hobby will suffer because people from Asia will not going to keep selling to us. If Releaserain close her store then a lot of people would be affected because to be honest not everybody can afford to buy a pair of shoes of $30 and underwear of $25...

4. Thirding the concern about "fraudulent" in the title. I just recently bought from them and had no problems, shipping was prompt, etc. One mistake does not a "fraudulent" seller make.

5. If you go back and read the first post in this thread you'll notice that the person was more concerned about them copying other company's designs.
      But I agree, the title really needs to be changes; "fraudulent" is the wrong word to use.

6. I read the first post, thanks :daisy: I also don't see any copies in the store right now, at a quick glance at least.

7. Uh, as far as I know you can't change your posts in the marketplace feedback forum now... so I think it's stuck like that unless some divine modly power changes it.

8. I apologize for what I said earlier, I guess using other's ideas to an extent, and basic designs is an okay thing to do, we have to draw a line but not at clothing. You get what you pay for. It's art, but only so much as fashion art. If you tried to have knock offs of a van gogh painting or something it's illegal :P

But then again the world of clothing is completely different, I guess? I was just a bit miffed about how she used to use other company pictures, and not her own, then have hers under those, it can be confusing, neh? :P

9. The point is that since they have stopped using the company photos (which was the only thing they were doing wrong), it isn't fair to keep kicking them for it!

10. agree:) Did this should be closed? I'm new here so I don't know...:sweat

11. I'd say close the thread. Or change the header. Where's the Request-A-Mod button?

12. Thanks for changing it

13. I love releaserain. I've bought things from them 4 or 5 times. They're the only place I've ever found canvas slip-ons for SD sized dolls. I also got a great shirt from them. Their prices are very fair, their item quality is wonderful them, shipping prices are good and shipping is speedy.

14. I purchased a pair of eyes from Releaserain. They shipped quickly, arrived as expected, and were nicely packaged. :)

15. I purchased several items from Releaserain earlier this week, and their listings still appeared to be free of purloined images. However, I've had no response to my requests for S&H confirmation, and no invoice. (I know prices are quoted for 'additional items', but my purchases fall into different additional item price categories). It's been reassuring to read the later positive comments on this thread; I'll guess I'd better give it another 48 hours and see what happens :eek:

16. I think this thread should be moved/changed to another category instead of "Problem Transactions". Most people that have posted here have had good transactions vs. problem ones. I think this is very misleading for potential buyers.

17. I have to say that I dissagree, Luckyl. I would like to know if someone I was considering buying from had a checkered past, so I could make an informed choice. And really, even if most transactions were good, there is still that troublesome percentage of problem dealings. There's only one bullet in Russian Roulette, but it sucks to be the one to get it.

18. Following up from my earlier post: I can now happily add that my invoice from Releaserain arrived today, so I can send payment and complete the transaction, phew! It did take five days and two requests to arrive, though - and payment is required in 7 days of purchase. Still, it turned out OK, with a 40% S&H discount for combining my items to boot. Guess that was worth waiting for... ;)

19. I bought a pair of shoes and two pairs of eyes from releaserain and I have to say the transaction was steller! I paid airmail and I got it all within a week and a half!

20. That's just what we mean when we say that it is misleading to list this thread under Problem Transactions - there are none here. The original "problem" that started this thread was that the seller was making outfits closely similar to some sold by Luts and other high-end companies and using those companies' photos, taken directly from their websites, in addition to their own. This "no-no" was brought to their attention and they stopped doing it.

So, this is the total of their "checkered past." This thread contains zero "percentage of problem dealings" which is hardly "troublesome."

Of course, you wouldn't know this unless you read the entire thread, so you must have made the assumption that there are some problem transactions because, and only because, this thread is listed under Problem Transactions.

Which is misleading.