1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Eldoll Rainy Soah or Sooah who's your favourite?

Dec 31, 2006

1. Aiieee, Diana! That's a stunning Soah you have right there! :love I'm starting to think Sooah is actually inferior to Soah if this keeps up...

2. Thanks so much....she was a commission and I was really sad to see her go home!

3. Either works for me, it all just comes down to the face-up.
      Since you have Lahoo, I'll vote for Sooah, she seams to be more his type ^^

Sera~

4. I think Soah is more versatile, even though you don't see her painted in unusual ways very often, but when she is -- she's a knockout and can be very sexy and mature looking.

Sooah, well, I've not yet seen one that does not look in a mood anywhere between slightly cranky and downright steaming angry. A lot of people find that attitude fun, though, so it just depends on what mood you like.

Good luck choosing!

5. I'm absolutely a Soah fangirl through-and-through . . . in fact, if the composition of my doll family changes at some point, she'd be the only other 60cm girl that I'd seriously consider. I just adore everything about her <3

Sooah is gorgeous, but there's something about Soah that makes me fall in love every time I see her :>

-- Andi ^_^

6. I like them both but I saw a pic of Sooah with curly hair on a web site somewhere and thought she looked so real. Its really hard to say as they both hav amazing features. Even if I had them side by side I would still want them both. lol

7. Dianna, did you do the face up on the Soah? If not, please let me know who did. She is the most beautiful one I have seen, and I have an unpainted head who really needs to look like the one posted.

8. Hmm, I think they should restock soon, because it's 1st January now. They now have this "ordering period" and "shipping period" every month, all orders must be placed between 1st and 15th every month, and between 16th and 31st they will ship the orders out and no new orders can be placed.

But, back to topic: I prefer Soah. :) I think this doll is very versatile, too. My Una has a quite typical Soah look, she's innocent and quiet looking, because this was the look I fell in love about Soah, but I have seen some gorgeous Soahs with different looks, too.

I also like Sooah, though, and I wish to have her some day to be Una's sister. But I must say I don't really like Sooah's default face-up. I don't know the right word to describe it, but it just isn't for my taste.

9. Amerie, my Sooah was my first BJD and she still brings a smile to my face every time I look at her.

[​IMG].

I think she has a more mature look than my Soah, Sandrine.

[​IMG]

10. Hmmm... hmmm... hmmm...

OK... here's what I think so far: I prefer Soah, actually she was the first one I got interested in and like CherryStreet~Sera said it's really all about the face-up. I prefer Soah I just don't think I'll be able to make her look the way I want to :(

And I don't think I have the courage to send her away (when I have her) to someone else's house to have a face-up done, unless it's really close by or something :lol:

11. PS- I think I'll ask my Lahoo who he fancies when he arrives. :lol:

12. I have a Sooah (or at least my mom does) and I like her very very much. But I think both girls look stunning, I mean, they look completely different from all the sculpts I've seen so far. =D Soah has a bit of sweetness in her, and Sooah has that sophistocated and more forbidding look. But both girls can look absolutely breathtaking depending on their faceup. ^^ :hamster:

And Trebaruna: I think your Lahoo may prefer Sooah more since somehow, I think Lahoo and Sooah are destined together. xD;;

13. Thank you so much for the compliment! Yes, I did the face up on her..but right now I am taking a break from face ups. I have been doing them back to back and need a break so I can play with my dolls. I'll probably start again in March.

14. Both Soah and Sooah are absolutely stunning, however I fell for Sooah in a way I thought I would never do for a doll anymore :)
      But I must admit there were some characteristics I was looking for when I decided to get a 60cm girl - I already had two U-Noa's, and the 'big sister' had to fit into the family somehow.
      Soah simply was too young and too Asian looking, and too much of a sweet girl.. both my U-Noa girls are pretty tomboyish and goofy, and that is the style I like best.
      But when I first saw Sooah.. with the right face-up I knew she'd be more than perfect!
      So I ordered her without face-up, and I painted her exactly the way I wanted her to look.
      I'm completely smitten with her, she has the most gorgeous head sculpt I ever saw.
      Here she is, her name is Archer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see some more pics of her here: http://www.zolala.nl/Archer/

15. Both of your girls are dazzling! Your Sooah has beauty white skin? It would seem so, or is it just the photography? This just makes it more difficult to choose between the two. Miss Sera does have a great point, faceup will factor a great deal in their overall beauty... are these two custom faceups, or by Elfdoll?

16. Waah, zozolala's Archer just put another point for Sooah! Indeed, the faceup does count for a lot. :)

17. I'll prefer to Soah.... :lol:

18. zozolala your Archer is such a Girl!

I'm planing my Sooah for some time now but whenever I look at Soah I have a moment of hesitation. I like them both too much. I suppose that in the case of these dolls almost all depends on the makeup. They both can have totally different look and mood due to this.

19. Diana,

What a gorgeous Soah. She's such a versatile sculpt--what a difference your faceup makes.

I have both heads, but I'm putting them on different bodies. I liked them both, but decided I'm not crazy about the upper thighs on the Elf Doll bodies, so I plan to get my girls something a bit more delicate.

20. I only own Soah but I think both sculpts are beautiful. Either doll with the Elfdoll faceup or a beautiful custom faceup like Dianna has done on the commission Soah is absolutely stunning. I don't think anyone could go wrong with either doll.

Here's a photo of my Special Soah in her kimono outfit-
      [​IMG]