1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elf or Human Ears? Doll Preferences & Choices

Apr 9, 2016

1. I really love my boy's elf ears (though they're technically vampire ears) I think they're really cute in the pointed human style. I had a friend who was a big Star Trek fan who was always trying to get me to cosplay him as Spock and I am mighty tempted!

2. Human all the way.

3. I feel the same way I would also add piercings. Although I like to add piercings to most of my dolls anyway. Otherwise I also do not pay too much attention to the ears.

4. I love the look of Elf ears, but I don't trust my [clumsy] self to keep them safe Lol I fear they may get chipped or damaged in some way. For regular human reals I really like the bigger more rounded shape that stick out from the head. =^_^= For animal/fantasy type ears I definitely prefer that cat ear shape, especially removable ones.

5. The ears of mine are usually covered by their hair so it never really matters to me. But I don't have any fantasy characters in mind, even though I think they're cute, so I pretty much always avoid the super tall and pointy ears.

6. I have 2 dolls with pointy ears, SOOM Sard and IMPL Baby Kitty Aimee...but as others have noted, unless you take special interest in showing them, most wigs hide these delightfully pointy protuberances unless they are really decently large. I think there is a lot of potential in handmade wigs, especially some hard cap wigs, to have some different hairstyles that highlight pointy ears, the shorter styles, clever parting with less dense side locks, shaved sides, ponytails, Mohawks, faux hawks, various braids etc but sadly, most mass market doll wigs that aren’t updos, (even the straight styles) often just cover them. My fave elf eared doll is Sard and I really like him in this long-sold-out styling. the SOOM emporium
      I'm debating giving my own Sard one shaved, flocked or more probably ’smoothed’ side with a braided detail on a half-faux hawk, just to feature one of his ears because they are so interesting to me but I really don't like the poor guy any more bald or short-haired than that! He also needs his wild and wooly locks!
      My kitty doll has a back story based on her slow metamorphosis into a cat so I will be making her a wee swanky turban so she can both show her own pointed djinn ears and disguise the fact (for a time) that she has sprouted actual cat ears on top. I think it's good to write a plot mechanism into a storyline of an elf-eared doll that is designed to show off their amazing ears in a photo story or two.

7. Elf ears!!! Almost all my designs have pointy ears just cuz I love them so much. I'm so tempted to get some of my dolls modded to have them even

8. Is human all the time for me. I don't have any fantasy-themed human-like dolls (only a couple of animal anthros) so all my other dolls have human ears. It's not like I dislike them, but I don't find them appealing either and I don't have any elf character in mind who could use them.

9. I love both! I have both human and elf ears, and I must say I love the elf ears so much, they're so cute! I might add piercings too, to show off the ears a bit.

10. I have one with long ears and two withe feathery fairy ears

11. I love elf ears, I always prefer them if possible, but only two of my dolls have them. And I'm most likely going to be sanding them off my pukipuki.