1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elf or Human Ears? Doll Preferences & Choices

Apr 9, 2016

1. I love elf ears myself! Pointed ears are the cutest. :)

2. Since I expect all of my BJDs to be part of the same story, and they are all human, I don't even consider elf ears.
      Isn't is great that there is something for all of us?

3. I only want dolls with elf ears. Gotta have those adorable pointy ears.

4. it's really depend on the character
      but I must confess that I generaly prefer human ones

5. Most of my dolls have regular ears, though I have one with elf ears and one with...something else entirely. I've had other BJD with elf ears before, and as long as they suit the doll in question I'm fine with them. They really don't make or break a doll for me in most cases because they are often covered up by wigs. That said, the elf girl I have now has huge ears and I love them because they do stand out, though I do think it means for more careful wig styling around their size.

6. I wouldn't say that I don't like elf ears. I think I just haven't found a doll that I liked with elf ears yet. The face tends to be more important to me than the ears. If I find a doll that I absolutely adore who just so happens to have elf ears, yay! If not, I'll still have a pretty little one to spoil.

7. Elf ears! Long ears, any fantasy type are my first choice, but human ears are ok too. I won't let the style of ears stop me from buying a doll.

8. I love the fantasy faces, the ones with elf ears, bunny ears, horns etc. My grail dolls would be a male and female centaur, but the ones i like are $1000 so i may never get them but i can look and drool :)

I am also picky about faces, i tend to like the dolls with happy faces over ones who look upset, but i do like the brooding vampire faces so i guess it is a case of seeing which doll stands out to me the most. I love how everyone has such different taste though, it is interesting seeing which dolls others love.

9. I like both. I keep my MSDs as humans so need human ears on them but my YOSDs are all fantasy characters so most of them have elf ears. I love all the different shapes of the fantasy ears....my blue Willow by the Mushroom Peddlar has the largest ears and I think they're gorgeous.

10. I definitely find myself far more interested in dolls with elf ears, doesn't matter if they're pointed, long and droopy, etc. as long as they don't stand straight up like a pair of antennas. (why would you even make that)

I would like some realistic ears that stick out to be honest, I find that extremely charming in real life and would love a doll with a nice face and that kind of ears.

11. For me it depends on the character. Due to the written story I have going (and will turn into a photostory later) most all of my characters have elf ears/fantasy parts. That said, when I saw Dai (who has human ears) he immediately turned into my SD13 Yori's younger brother and I was able to write him into the story without difficulty.

12. Both ! Most of my dolls have human ears, that fit the human characters they are supposed to be, but I also have two lovely little heads with adorable pointy ear and I find it really cute !

13. I only have two dolls with unusual ear shapes, my Amber and my Heliot.
      They are also the only ones who aren't humans (not counting the little quirky pet dolls), but in fact gods in the shape of humanoids.
      So it's okay if they look a bit different, and both molds just have gorgeous ears.

I like pointy ears, but they are just not my taste when it comes to my own dolls :)

14. I love elf ears! But they're not a make-or-break deal to me. But I adore little traits that make a doll a little more extraordinary, and pointy ears are the most popular way to achieve that, I think.

15. I love elf ears since i was a little kid. Elves and other magical forest creatures are my thing. You can either create your own elf ears or buy a sculpt with elf ears. :chibi

16. Elf ears forever! :)

17. I love both types, humane and elf ears. I think it really depends on the Character.

18. Personally, I like human ears. Choice of ears is depends on the character we want though. Well, I would say both forms are good. They can look amazing depends on how we develop the character.

19. I prefer elf ears over normal ones. To me, it gives the dolls something mythical/magical. Also, the normal ears tend to stand too far from the head for my liking.... eventhough the wig covers them most of the time :lol:

20. Well I started the hobby insisting on elf ears because I thought they were so cool, however now that I've been in the hobby for a while now I find I actually have a strong preference for the detailed realistic ears. So I suppose my point is I'm finding that my tastes are fluctuating.