1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elf or Human Ears? Doll Preferences & Choices

Apr 9, 2016

1. I love elfs in general, so if I'm able to find a sculpt I like with the elf option I jump on it! There's just something about the fantasy aspect of the look that just gets me every time.

2. I love elf ears. But I'm not going to disregard a doll because it has human ears. When angell studio came out with the Victoria and Elizabeth dolls the limited dolls had both so you could switch them out. I liked that but couldn't afford it at the time.:...(

3. I don't like elf ears and I gave up to buy a doll because of this, but if I really love the face I will buy one with elf ears

4. I love all fantasy-themed dolls so elf ears are always a definite yes for me. The more detailed they are the better, same for the rest of the sculpt. Special parts do make the deal sweeter, but in the end the main deciding factor is the overall face/expression of the doll, it's got to fit the idea I have in mind or it won't work.

5. elf ears are sooo cute!i love dolls with elf ears and little vampire tooth!!

6. All my characters are humans so I do not have any elf or vampire heads. I bought two heads before with elf ears and intended to mod them to human ears but I gave up and sold the heads instead. I simply could not bond with them.

7. I like both. My first doll has elf ears and i just love the general look of them, but i also have a doll with human ears.

8. well... i dont really mind elf ears they may be looking cute but since I'm interested in limited edition anime dolls (Volks) i don't complain

9. I like both, but am very picky about the elf ear shape. Not a fan of the droopy long ones, I like something a bit smaller and upright, like the LOTR films lol

10. I like both but it depends on the face. Some I like with elf ears while others I think look better with human ears.

11. I love elf ears! Them being long or short (just pointed), I love both. Though it doesn't really affect the choosing of a sculpt if I'm really interested in it, because I don't really think about it at first, when buying. But I'd probably like it slightly more if it had pointy ears. About human ears, I think I prefer more realistic ones. ^_^

12. I am a total sucker for elf ears of all types. If they easily stick out from the wig that is great, but if they take a little bit of fiddling to see, that is okay as well.
      As for human ears, I prefer them the lie closer to the head as opposed to them sticking way out like chimp ears.

13. I like elf ears, but it depends on the character really. I tend to choose faces I like, it bugs me sometimes that they don't have the option of pointy ears, but I have to accept what's for sale! I only have one doll with elf ears, Thranduil, but I also have a head sculpt of him with normal ears, which was customised for me by modoll. ^_^

14. I have a soft spot for Elf ears in everything, as Elves are one of my top Fantasy races that I love in reading and writing. I personally prefer the slightly pointed tips on an otherwise humanoid looking ear, or a little more than that, but don't like the super long pointed ears. Just my personal tastes though. I have several dolls on my wish list that have completely humanoid ears though, that I wouldn't end up modding to have Elf ears. I just tend to easily gravitate to Elven type BJDs when I'm browsing heh
      I recently saw (in the marketplace here) one of my grail dolls with elven ears, that I did not know existed with them! (Asella Raspberry) and am now determined to find her for sale when I have the money (current one here is on hold last I checked) heh

15. I love fantasy dolls and elf ears! It is the Best thing in bjd dolls, there are so much fantasy sculpts out there!!

16. Elf ears here! :D I love them so much! They are way to stinking cute, something about those tiny little ears... :love

17. I love both! I really love elf eared dolls a lot, but I'm pretty picky on how they look. I like them as refined as possible!

But I also love human ears for certain dolls. It just fits them!

18. Short (human-like) pointed ears and long pointed ears are both great! I love all fantasy ears in general I find them so cute <3
      I only have one doll with pointed ears, though, and her's are very long (a little longer than I expected, honestly!) I think they're absolutely precious and I'm excited to get her a wig and have them poke out all cute. ^-^

19. I think the face is what matters to me most... I love flat eyes, big ears, round ears, and elf ears. So if I like the face I'm fine with whatever. My only limitations would likely be if the elf ears where HUGE! xD I don't think I could deal with that when changing the doll.

20. Elf ears will often draw me to a sculpt... or weird ears. I like weird ears.. and weird noses... ahem. I'm odd I think hah.
      But if i'm shelling a character then they won't neccisarily have pointy ears. I mean.. a fair few of my characters DO because you know.. pointy ears are fun, but a fair few don't either because they're human or whatever. in those cases i'd need a sculpt that didn't have elf ears and i'd be unlikely to look closer at an elf eared sculpt as a shell because modding them would be a pain (on teh flip side though, I will look at human eared sculpts for elf eared characters because epoxy ear tips aren't that intimidating.)