1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elf or Human Ears? Doll Preferences & Choices

Apr 9, 2016

1. I am a sucker for elf ears!! <3<3 if I could, I would totally make my own ears into elf ears. (I know that there's is a way to do it but it's too expensive and I plan on being a teacher so no can do lol) I plan on getting all My bjds with elf ears if I can :3 if I see a doll I like I might just mod them

2. Hmmm now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever once looked at a sculpts ears. I don't have any characters that have elf ears, but I like to mod things, so I'd probably buy a sculpt with humans ears and sculpt some fantasy ears in epoxy and then have them be removable.

3. I like elf ears a lot! Or animal ears. Human-shaped ears are fine, but they just sort of vanish into the sculpt--fox ears, for instance, really stand out.

4. Three of the current five are pointy, and the sixth I'm waiting on is also pointy. <3 elves.

5. I'm an enthusiastic admirer of fantasy ears of all kinds and in general the more fantastic the better--though subtle tips are alright too--but I don't like them so much that they'll be the deciding factor on whether or not a sculpt makes it one my wishlist or not.

6. I do like elf ears more, my first doll has regular ears but my next doll that is on her way will have elf ears!

7. I have most human eared dolls, but there is something about elf ears that I just love! But I'm crazy for odd bat like ears to, or other weird kinks :)

8. Long ears add a sense of "otherworldly" appeal, which can really be a cherry-topper for the right character. Adding just the right touch of fantasy or modification can really decide what makes or breaks a character's visual style

9. My characters are mostly human, so they all have normal ears. I'd like to have an elf-eared doll one day, though!

10. I really quite like elf ears, but I think regular human ears are just a bit more easy to work with! :) I suppose, to me, elf ears have to fit with an elf-ish kind of character, whereas human ears are suitable to just about every kind of character!

11. Human ears all the way. But if I really love a sculpt which only comes with elf ears, then I might close an eye to it if the ears can be covered up with the wig, but otherwise, ideally, I'd prefer to get my boys with human ears! :)

12. Some of my characters would look very silly with elf ears. And I'm not keen on some elf ear shapes...but some would really look amazing with pointy ears ^-^

13. Human ears. Partly because I generally prefer the look, partly because I'm scared of breaking the elf ears. Some of them stick out a lot, and they look kinda fragile.

14. I really like the subtle elf ears. The long ones don't do much for me. But subtle elf ears instantly make me 800% more interested in a sculpt.

15. I definitely like human ears better. I want my dolls to look human. But I will still buy dolls with elf ears if I like the way they look and they aren't available with human ears.

16. I'm a total sucker for elf ears! I like a fantasy element to my dolls, and elf ears are a fairly easy way to make that happen.

17. Well... if I want a character to be human, then elf ears would put me right off... but whether they lay flat or stick out, to me it depends on how well they look with the face as a whole. It can be a cute look if it all fits together, to have the ears sticking out more.

I've only got one with elf ears at the moment, but on her I really love them. I worried they would argue with wigs, since she has one wig that's styled in a way that comes down over them, and they are the really long-and-pointy variety, but so far it's worked out fine and the long elf ears are so cute-- I love how expressive they are in art, so having them on one doll makes me happy. They make her seem a bit more perky/cheerful somehow.

18. For me, it all depends on the sculpt. It's the same way for when I'm deciding vampire teeth or not. If I think it looks good with the face, then I'd choose the elf ears.

19. I like medium size elf ears. Such as big enough where you could see them through a wig but not huge where it`s the first thing you notice about the doll.

20. I preffer normal ears, but my favourite ears is from FL pukifee and its elf ears....so its taff question. Aniway ears must have shapes who harmony with head :)