1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elfdoll Boy Mir Discussion

Jul 26, 2007

1. $855 US. Of course that is with two heads.

2. Hot damn, Craig. :) With the new pictures released, he unfortunately doesn't look TOO much like our man la Mancha. Ah well! (Though with a little bit of a creative face-up... hrmm...)

Anyways, he's definitely awesome. Sculpted hair! How totally neat.

3. He really is cool, but nothing like Victor. I still LOVE him though. I'm hoping that Doll Peddlar's price was a bit off. (Keeping my fingers crossed!)

Craig

4. LOL, well their page is down now. Must have gotten scolded by ElfDoll. I'm going to go ahead and remove the photo for now, so I don't spoil their surprise for too many more people. I know it's been posted to some Yahoo groups already, though. Might be too late!

5. Mir does look rather cool. We will have him up on our webpage for sale soon, too, but we are waiting for Elfdoll to put him up on their webpage first. Sorry for the wait but we have to follow the rules! D:

From what I remember hearing from Ms. Cholong that his name means "dragon". He does look like a dragon in human form to me! I wasn't certian how to feel about this new doll but when I saw the new photos I thought he was awesome. XD I hope other people will enjoy him a lot, too. <3

6. ...Dangit, I missed the peek. XD'''''' I'm dying here - gotta go to a college thingy at three and I was hoping to see the new boy before I leave! XD'

7. I love him! He looks like a younger and hipper version of my brother. I will definitely be getting him, since I have been wanting a male asian sculpt for awhile now.

8. ...Male ASIAN sculpt?

Dangit, now I really wanna see. XDD <333 C'mon, Elfdoll!

9. I just hope it's not in the middle of the night! I'm so excited I can hardly wait to throw my money at you! ;)

10. Hee hee! ^_^ I actually think it's going to be sometime today while we are open (before 6pm Pacific Standard Time). Now I'm just waiting for a phone call to let me know it's ok to put him on the webpage.

11. Would you mind conferencing me in on that call? ;)

12. Shouldn't even have to wait those few seconds. Milliseconds, maybe. It doesn't happen often for me, just for those sites that don't know how to make proper image heavy layouts. The background is a large image. Wonder who chose that? I haven't done that since my beginner years when I started HTML, 7 years ago.

Personally I don't mind the English, but looking on a Business Perspective here anyone who doesn't know or is used to 'Engrish' would look at that and say it isn't professional. They would not trust them. They would click the Back button and search for another company.

That layout is more suited to someone's country-western log house/cabin family reunion. I keep thinking that Ho-Down music will load and start playing, "YEEEHAW Welcome to the Elfdoll Website!" (Insert Banjo didly.) With all their Dollfies square dancing in country western clothes, in a barn, surrounded by hay bales.

Personally I liked the old one better -- for what I remember of it, it was more "simple and creative" than this one. You have to think about those people who spend all their money on Dollfies, clothes, rent, food instead of fast computer systems or more so... fast internet connections.

Plus... No one should have to change their default font colours just for a site, either. Or highlight font to read it. It's inconvenient. And the LAST thing a business wants to do is inconvenience their customers. Perhaps they'll catch it and fix it. Else some helpful, handy people will email or place on the message board about it.

13. Aw, it's such a shame the surprise is ruined. But you have to see the whole doll! His styling and options are really cool... what a great character he's going to be.

We have opened our store's web site now to celebrate Mir's release. When ElfDoll's site opens, there will be a link on the home page to his info page too.

I can't wait til he gets here in person : - )

Catrina

14. You're going to convince me to drive over there after all, huh Dollyholic?

15. I'll try and keep you updated! ^_^

My first thought when I saw him was a memeber of the Yukaza but now I see him as a Kitsune Lord. (I would LOVE seeing him as a kitsune lord!!) He just has such a sly look to him. I also saw him as a character from Samurai Champloo. XD Mugen!!

16. Mugen! Awesome comparison! Must be why my boyfriend gave me his blessing. :D

17. He reminds me of someone, but I can't place exactly who. XD''''' I love his nose, though!

18. Normally I'd have some sympathy for a ruined suprise but when they say they'll show you on specific date...Come time, there is no word either way...Well, i'm not a patient person.

Wish I didn't miss seeing the pretty boy. Ah well, heopfully they'll post him soon.

19. Yes, I feel bad for posting the photo, but I thought it was just a matter of moments before all the shops would have their preorder pages up! :(

20. Well, it was a pretty small peek (for those who didn't see), of just the face. The writeup was probably the most revealing.

I'm putting serious thought into getting him. I get paid today, and it should be big money.... I like how male he is, and he's the perfect height for my character. I'm going to wind up with a cluster of Elfdolls one day.