1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elfdoll Boy Mir Discussion

Jul 26, 2007

1. I'm glad I kept him open in a new window! *clings*

2. http://www.elfdoll.com/shop/step1.php?number=627

He's awesome... so handsome!!! I can't decide how much I like his molded hair - on the one hand, I think that's so cool! On the other hand, it somehow reminds me of an action figure. (But I love action figures, so that's cool too.)

3. He is so many things I love all in one place. And yet I hesitate...

He seems many shades of awesome, thanks, you guys, for the links.

4. Holy Chin, Batman. :o

...that's all I can see. Chin... Chin as far as the eye can see.

5. *twitches* Just waiting for DnF now... ;)

6. *submits order*

Thank you so much! :D

7. Oooh my goodness he is so so gorgeous. I don't want to order him even though the 6 month layaway is so tempting~ (too many bills right now >.<)

8. Wow, I can't get over how much I hate his resin "wig." Without the hat, it makes his head look terribly square, and like a cheap action figure (sorry, Janne!), instead of a beautiful doll.

I do like his facial features, though. :) If I were to buy him, I'd sell his resin!hair head and keep the one that would allow me to choose his hair. 8D

EDIT: Aha! He comes with the option to purchase only one head. Phew. ^_^

9. Thank you! ^_^ I sent you email.
      He's going to be sold out real quick so I'm glad you got one. D:

10. He is very handsome! So beautifully Asian looking! And such attitude! :love

Rainman has done it again! Another beautiful sculpt! :aheartbea

11. Wow, it's so late! But great to finally see Mir released.

I almost forgot, I promised the Elfdoll manager I would tell you how to pronounce his name in Korean: It's Mee-Ru. The R sound is somewhat like Japanese, which is a combination of L and R. And the oo at the end is very short. Mee-ru. He is a Dragon.

Catrina

P.S.. All the sets come with TWO heads. I know it's confusing, but you get to choose:
      which head you want painted, either the resinwig head or the regular head. For $55 extra, you can have both heads painted.
      But you can't purchase just one head.

12. I actually want to give the resin wig a fair chance. I do intend to repaint it and dry-brush highlights onto it, though. If I do hate it, I can shape it down and buy a normal wig. ;)

13. Wow. I love that he's Asian! And he's gorgeous. :love I even don't mind the sculpted hair. I haven't seen that before in BJDs. Very unique! And they seem to have pulled it off very well. :) I like him!! Drat. Now it's decision time. I'm not good at making decisions!! :...(

14. .....darn you, Elfdoll. I love him, but I can't afford him now. Not even with layaway. So I guess I'll have to sit on it a few months and wait for the standard release before I decide if he's going on the wishlist.

He kind of reminds me of Li Shang from Disney's Mulan.

15. This is a mindblowingly handsome boy! Such wonderful Korean-looking features..I'm floored! In all honesty, however, I'm not attracted to any angles that go below anywhere below his nose..and Mir's presentation could have been better, I think. But I digress..
      I'm nervous at that sculpted hair. It looks perfectly fine, but..it's not preferred.
      Overall, I'm still drooling~<3

16. Argh. Elfdoll, why you do this to me? Man, if I wasn't staring some huge expenses in the face I would be beating down your door for one, Jennifer. Grrrrrr. *sits here and mutters* Those features are just stunning, seriously. I'm glad he comes with a regular head; the resin wig seems really limited in application. But STILL. Yowza.

17. Yeah, it's so hard... I can't even afford him right now, even with a fancy layaway. D: Maybe they'll have a standard version of him someday? I'm getting too attached to the ideas I have for this boy. ^_^

I'm glad Rainman went with a regular head in addition to the special head as well. I think it's a cool thing to see but I love my fluffy wigs way too much. :aheartbea

18. I couldn't handle the bigger BJDs and sent them away years ago (living with the tinies now) but then Rainman comes up with this!!! Darn, temptation is strong. The boy is just so unique.

19. Ahh!! This is good....and bad!! I need money! Now not only will I want a Limho from your store but an Elfdoll too!! I hope they have a standard version of him! I really really like him.