1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elfdoll boy: Wu

Jan 19, 2006

1. No way!!! Don't know where they bought their ruler/yardstick. And they also said 59cm. on their webpage too. But look at his outfits for sale and check out the lenght of his pants in that Safari set. If he's 60cm, those are going to be dragging on the ground big time. My guess is that he's really more around the 64cm they told me over a week ago.

2. I really love him. He's is very masculine compared to other dolls that I've seen.:) Does anyone know how much shipping would be to the US for him? I just love the way he looks with the blue eyes and gray hair in his photos-its so mature and more grown-up.:aheartbea What age is he suppose to be by the way?

Thanks for sharing him.

~Briar

3. As stated above, Janis at Sunrise now has him on her web page. Freight from her would be cheaper to you. Freight from Elfdoll to the states on a doll is running a little over $40.00. And Elfdoll doesn't give ages like Volks. That's up to you. Most of us at Ryung Soah view the girls at around 19 through 20. Wu can be anywhere in there but we've all agreed that a lot about his age will be how you do the face up.

4. Overseas dealers were told late today that they were being limited to 10 each of face up and non face up Wus for the first order period (March deliveries). Later deliveries do not change. Wow. They must be being buried with orders and only in the first day!!!

5. I know of at least one dealer who is sold out of the Wu with face up already. That's for the March shipment. You can still order for April from them.

6. Ok, that's a NICE body sculpt o.o Now there seems to be some confusion...exactly how tall is he?

7. Height 60cm

Weight 1.5kg

Circumference of Head 21cm

Circumference of Neck 10cm

Circumference of Chest 25cm

Width of Shoulders 13.5cm

Shoulders to Wrist 18cm

Circumference of Waist 23cm

Circumference of Hips 25cm

Length of Legs(Belly to the ground) 28.5cm

Length of Feet 7.3cm

Isn't that nifty, eh? :hamster:

8. Well I had seen that on the site when I went to look, but there're people in the thread saying he can't be that tall because of how he relates to Soah, or that he's actually 63-65cm tall, and someone even mentioned he might be hound-sized, which is why I asked.

9. There seems to be a lot of confusion over all the heights. Elfdoll lists both 57cm and 60cm as the height of their Rainy girls right now in two different locations on their site. We've had members measuring their girls and have gotten answers from just over 57cm to just over 59cm. I guess the only thing you can go by are the pictures in the Rainy outfits for couples that show Wu and a girl. In all the pictures, Wu is considerably taller than his partner. But until we get our hands on him, how tall is tall is anybody's guess. Somebody at Elfdoll did tell me about 64cm. But the key word there was "about". Wu looks to be a great doll and he is taller than the rainy girls but if the exact height is of absolute prime importance to you, I'd hold on to your 500 bucks until somebody you trust can put a tape measure to him next month.

10. Like a few posts above where I said it: there's been some debate over his height due to his relation to other dolls in photos and different comments from users here. The site has apparently also been wrong before. Which, let me tell you, is annoying >.< their measurements SHOULD be correct.

11. I am glad they replied to my query... so there you go I suppose that solves the height issue... 3 cm taller than the girls... and the girls are 59-60 cm... makes him 62-63 as you said then. XD

12. There's a new picture in the Elfdoll's sales page for Wu on their main site that shows his head bare with no paint (face up). A very interesting shot for those of you thinking about doing your own.

13. Well, this is probably a stupid question, but what size clothing would he fit into? Would SD13 be okay, or is he too tall? I'd like to order Wu within the next few months and would like to have some clothes already purchased so he won't have to go naked. XD

14. Good question. Don't think anybody can really answer that one. The girls don't fit well in a lot of the volks clothes not so much as their height is a problem but more that their bigger in both the bust and hips. The rule of thumb is loose fitting things might work but tight or fitted outfits are a problem. Since nobody has a Wu yet (that I know of), all of this is new ground. But the first Wus should be in some people's hands very shortly now and then we'll start hearing about this sort of thing.

15. Elfdoll offers clothes for Wu on the Elfdoll website and at sunrisedolls.com.

16. I didn't find this thread until today but I was on Sunrisedoll's website, took one look at him and ordered him yesterday... :whee: He is one of the most beautiful sculpts I have ever seen. So much for thinking things out...

I compared his measurements as given on the sunrise site to my CP. The head circumference is smaller, much like the DOT's, (21cm as opposed to CP's 24.5). He is a skidge shorter, (assuming he IS 60cm). Chest is 2 cm bigger. Shoulders are 0.5cm wider. Arms are 2cm shorter. Waist is 3 cm bigger. Hips are 0.5cm smaller. Ankles a skidge smaller, legs shorter (?), and feet about the same.
      So it looks like pants and shoes shouldn't be a problem. The chest is the only thing I'm worried about. He also comes with 16mm eyes, CP's generally come with 18mm, but the DOT's came with 16mm also. The DOT body next to my CP was rather akward, I am hoping it's not the same with WU. I just hope his hands are small like the CP's.:sweat

I ordered an Elfdoll wig for him just to be safe on that end..

I just wish all these companies would just stick to a standard size... It makes clothing buying much easier.. I know other people want him to be taller, but I hope he is actually only 60cm... for my plans anyway...

Sunrise emailed me and said he should be arriving within the next couple weeks. When I get him I'll make sure to post pics so you can atleast compare him to a CP. My DOT will probaly be gone by then so I won't be able to compare them. I have a BW CP so I have no idea how he will compare to Normal skin resins from other companies.

Hope that helps some people.. I'm no authority on it, but this is just what I've learned about him...:)

17. I am fawning over Wu of Elfdoll... I have fallen head over heels with him!:aheartbea I need to know! Is he going to be limited? Or is he going to be a regular like SOAH and the rest of the Elfdolls?

18. You and me both! As far as I've heard, he's not limited. Course that just means I haven't heard anything to the contrary.
      Can't wait for owner pics!