1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elfdoll boy: Wu

Jan 19, 2006

1. YES! YES! ::dances:: I'm happy! I can't order him right away but he's definatly in my wishlist! You want one too Amina? ::sighs:: Still waiting for my Hound to arrive... why is the waiting sooo hard ;.;

2. Oh dear, if I do get one it won't be for years and years. I think I've spent enough to last me a while, yes? :oops:
      But he's soooo yummy. And definitely more available than Heartbreak Boy. :aheartbea

3. As far as I know, he isn't limited. I ordered my Wu (Rui) on the 3rd (payment comfirmed the 4th) of this month ^_^ I really hope to hear from Elfdoll next week! *happy little squee*

4. WU is really lovely, he looks very good! But I also think that he won't be limited. Perhaps Rainman will make a special version from him, but regularly he's surely not limited.

5. YAY that's great! I can't wait to see owner pictures of him!:)

6. I was already losing my mind over Wu... but then after purchasing my Sooah, I joined the elfdoll club. Ok, needless to say Rainman had his own pics of Wu. That made my obsession worse. ok so since like 8 this morning I have been trying not to buy him. Rainman won. I just ordered my Wu. How can Sooah come home without him..or at least knowing he is on his way.

Obsessed...understatement...lol

7. Elfdoll original said they were making Wu as a special. Then they changed to a standard version as the first release. Since all the girls were done as both standards and specials, I'm sure we'll see Wu done as a special soon. Rainman also has said he is working on more new dolls for this year. Since Ryung, Soah, Nabee and Sooah all use the same girl's body, I think it's safe to speculate that there will be other males with a different head sculpt in the future too. Have fun with your Wus.

8. Wu is HOT!!! I can't wait to see ownerpics of him here at DOA.

I'm definately buying him in the near future.

9. I'm waiting too; desperately want owner pics and reviews!

10. That is the hard part waiting for him...no one has home pics yet. I just keep looking at pics of him at elfdoll....

I just cant wait to have him home...

Nikki

11. I'd love to see owner pics too and perhaps a final confirmation of his height. I wish he were much taller than he his though.

12. I think the confirmation was at 63cm back in the thread in the News section BUT I'll be everso glad to see comparison pics when someone here recieves him. I'm wondering if, with platform boots, I can make him taller than my Camine >.> Or just buy the head and switch to a dollshe body with some modding...though I love the Wu body ;.;

13. I like Wu he looks very beautiful in the pictures on the elfdoll website and I am thinking of purchasing him. But from some photos I have seen of Rainydolls the resin appears shiny, and I really do not like this effect.

I want to ask people who have seen these dolls in person is the resin shiny, and how does it feel to the touch?
      Thankyou for your help!

14. Their resin is quite nice, a little 'pinker' than Volks. It is comparable to Volks normal (not pureskin) resin.

As a side note, almost all resin is a little 'shiny' if it isn't sprayed with Mr. Super Clear Matte. This isn't as true of pureskin as normal resin, and Customhouse (at least on petite AI) specifically makes their resin slightly textured to avoid that (I don't care for the texture myself, I'd prefer regular resin with MSC matte on it. It doesn't bother me overmuch and it looks fine, just makes painting it slightly odd and 'watercolory'.)

Good luck!

15. Their resin is very nice, as ryochan mentioned. Elfdoll sands their seams smooth as glass.

16. I have a Soah from last June that her resin is slightly shinier, and looks more translucent. I got a Sooah in February that is not shiny at all, much more matte and less translucent.

:aheartbea

17. I can chime in and say that Elfdoll's resin is not shiny at all. :)

18. Some are and some aren't. The earlier ones seem to be more shiny than ones made recently. I have a Ryung from around September of last year and she is not very shiny. I have a sleep head Ryung and she is much more so than the doll.

We have had a member at our group spray a shiny one with MSC and loved the new finish. So that may be an option if you don't like the finish.

Consider that being shiny is because of the reflectivity of the surface. The smoother the surface, the more it will reflect light and appear shiny. As stated above, Elfdoll does a superior job of making their surface like glass. As a result, any Elfdoll is going to be more reflective than one with a rougher finish. But you can always spray it with MSC if you want it more matte.

19. Wu Review

I was asked to give my impressions of Wu over here for the record so here goes...

First I should say that I am totally biased because I just adore him! But I will try to be objective as best I can. :) Please forgive any gushing I do. You should also know I am no expert on these things ...

He comes packaged the best of any dolls I have received! He is wedged in a soft foam cutout that is cut specifically for him. He comes with cute boxers on so he doesn’t “flash” you upon opening the box!!! Ahhhhhh! A very nice touch I thought! The second LOL thing I noticed was his gorgeeeeeeous face! Oh my - he was even MORE handsome in person than his pictures. Absolutely lovely and perfect default face-up. I wouldn’t change a thing. The sculpt on his face is amazing.

Like all of ElfDolls (or Rainman dolls) he comes with a beautifully finished body. All seams sanded. If you have seen my other pics I posted in the Gallery you already know what a gorgeous sculpt his body is. (Fans self) Sorry but no comments or pictures of his man parts but I can tell you I have no complaints there. This is my first boy doll so I have nothing to compare to anyway :) He also has REALLY lovely realistic hands.

I love the color and quality of his resin! He resin is kind of a pale pinky-peach -light tan color as you can in my pics. It’s lovely and seems to fit him I think. I tend to lean toward the white resin dolls but I’m not sure I would want him in white resin - he just looks so good with this color ... kinda exotic and mysterious if you k now what I mean. Of course, his dark wig and blue eyes do contribute to this. Different eyes and hair would be different.

Out of the box he stood perfectly for me - stable as a rock and all I did was just plop him down. This surprised me because my Soah is VERY difficult to pose standing on her own without lots of patience :) or a stand. His arms are just a tad floppy and don’t want to stay in the elevated position but that is easy to fix. The range of motion of his arms is quite good I think. He can get close to touching his face without popping out of socket. His arms go behind his head with ease and he easily touches the top of his head.

He sits straight up! I am so happy about that! And he poses leaning to the side and back but not forward.

Oh there IS one negative to him ...... he is toooooooooo short!!! Just barely taller than my Soah. I would have much preferred him to be taller. But I’ll just have to keep in in thick heeled boots! He’s DEFINITELY one HOT little fella!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh gosh ... I don’t know what else to say here. I hope I gave helpful information. Do feel free to ask any questions you like. I’ll do my best to answer them!

[​IMG]

20. Thanks for the great review and the hot hot hot picture! *fans herself*