1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elfdoll boy: Wu

Jan 19, 2006

1. He is ever so cute, though I'm going to get a girl....I think mom will like a girl better when I get...she won't ever know. I probably won't have the funds till the end of the summer or by fall.

I do love his great review, and can second everything she said about how well he is out of the box, since I saw the first shipment of them at Sunrise. He is quite handsome.

2. Thank you so much for the review!

Oh, man, now I want him even more than before. Can't decide if he'd look weird with an El, though.

3. Thanks Anguilla, for the excellent review. I just received my Wu yesterday and I must say you did a great job of describing him. I second all your comments about packaging, the boxers, resin, skin color, eyes, sculpt, faceup--everything top drawer. And better in person even than in the sales photos.

i do not have the arm posing problem you described. They are stable and can hold ballet style first and second and third position with no problem :) . And I don't have any difficulty posing him sitting forward. I hadn't tried it until you mentioned it, but I now have him sitting with hands on knees, leaning quite far forward. I did have to adjust his trousers a bit--at first they were kind of pulling him back to straight up position. He is much easier to pose than my big-breasted Sooah--though she is lovely once she's in position.

If anyone wants to see Wu with a blonde wig, check my arrival thread. I have two other wigs for him, but no photos yet. I may move his eyes a bit--his eyes are the same color as your boy's, and positioned similarly, but it feels like more of the bottom white is showing than it looks like in your pic. It makes my boy look a little strange in some positions. Course that's the problem with any doll eye position--it's not like they move with the scene around them.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58505

4. =D oh wow! He's beautiful! How have I missed this doll up until now?

5. Thank you for the review!

6. I have him too and I agree with pelicandeb and anguilla. He is lovley!!!!!:)

7. Thank you very much for the review! Though, if you don't mind me asking, do you know how tall he is exactly? There has been a lot of confusion about his height and the Elfdoll site only mentioned he was 3 cm taller than the girls. LOL

8. Thanks PelicanDab!

Don't ya just luv him!!!! My guy's right arm won't say put at all but the left one poses as you describe. And you were right on the money about leaning forward! Once I undid his pants my guy leans forward just fine. Thanks!

Just went to look at your arrival photos - Oh they are too funny! I REALLY enjoyed them. Your guy is gorgeous with the blonde hair !

Thanks again!

9. Hi Rosie!

I measured him at 58.5 cm or 23 inches. I could be off some. Here's a coupla comparison pics - I apologize for the AWFUL pics but I snapped it in a hurry just for reference:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HTH!

10. Anguilla, thank you very much! I really appreciate this! Now we all know how tall he is. and we can all rest in peace. For a while we thought he was 63 cm and many were considering to get him, including me. I do wish he was made taller, but his face is indeed perfect!

11. Your welcome Rosie! Yep I wished he was taller to ... but boots help ALOT and sure packs a big wallop for his size! LOL

Thanks for your kind comments! They are much appreciated.

12. Thanks to your pictures, Anguilla, this will be my first 60cm boy! (Well... first 60cm doll!) He is just perfect, sooo gorgeous. I also wish they could have made him just that bit taller, 60cm at least like most dolls, but oh well.

Do normal SD-sized clothes fit him okay?

13. Hello Lunameth! Congrats! You are gonna be sooooooo not sorry you ordered him!!!!

He fits the SD clothes I have here for him - granted only a few items ... but they fit great. One pair of pants - from SoulDoll are a bit tight in the waist but I managed to get them snapped.

I'm excited for you! :)

14. Ooh, thanks for that! At least I know I can get him some stuff ordered/made without too many worries!

I have emailed Elfdoll about possible layaway (I have most saved up since I sold River, but not all) but no reply yet ;_;

What size eyes does he take? Usual 18mm?

Also (gawd, sorry for the bombardment >_<), how long did he take to ship out to you?

15. LOL Lunameth :) Excited huh?! :) :) :) Well he is something to be excited about!!!

The ElfDoll site says he takes 16mm eyes.

I had to wait a bit for my darlin' cause I ordered him IMMEDIATELY :) when they first put him up for sale (hey - I was excited too). Anyways I ordered Feb 27 and had an agonizing wait til he arrived on April 10th. I don't know what the lead time is now ... sorry.

You should know that I have read elsewhere that others have had some troubles with his waitline and SD pants being too small - but their SD13 pants work. The SD pants I have here have all fit (tightly yes - but they do snap).

No problems at all with your questions! Ask all you want and I'm happy to help in any way I can. :)

16. Sunrise Dolls will do layaway with him for you. :)

17. I know that someone on DoA owns one...

18. who is it? I wanna see pictures >w<!!!