1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elfdoll Catsy discussion thread 3

Aug 15, 2015

1. Thank you very much, phanuel! Really happy you like it! And yes - herding cats sums it up quite well - lol! :kitty2

2. I've been sick all week so haven't felt up to taking pictures, but I did finally get around to putting up some doll profiles. I had to save a few spaces for some incoming ones and I almost forgot to include a Catsy!! But I did sneak in Purley and Medea. I hope I see some other Catsy girl and boy profiles eventually. There aren't a whole lot of anthros in general so far.

3. I had a goal of getting all my dolls new profile photos before the whole profile section even hit the forum. Sadly I broke my only "photo" light (a daylight desk lamp). So now I need a new light before I can start on that. Once I do I will be happy to add my two Catsys to there!

4. Just color me clueless - this is the first I've heard of it. I don't generally visit through the home page, but rather directly to tiny doll section. I'll have to go check it out - thanks for mentioning it phanuel & Tonboko! :kitty2

5. Those are great pics, phanuel! I love how adorable Phaedra looks sleeping on that couch - that would make for an excellent pic just on it's own! She's so sweet and peaceful. And unfortunately, totally unaware of Purley stepping out on her with that vixen, Mary - lol! Your Mary works out well in pics with them! I love small scale fashion dolls, but finding clothes for them is not easy. Nice to see she can wear some of Catsy's clothes, too! :kitty2

6. Thanks, Cattwo! Mary is wider in the shoulders than Catsy so the dresses and tops don't always close all the way in the back, but they're still okay for photos.

7. I have been lucky today and won an original catsy on eBay. I have tried to find information on how to change her booted legs to the other legs but can't find that information anywhere. Can anyone please point me in the right direction please?

8. You found a Catsy on ebay?? I just looked last night and did not see any, nor do I see any in the completed listings. If you do not mine sharing the auction title, I would be grateful so I can see how they worded it. I need an original one myself at some point.

To change her legs you will want to have some sturdy thread (or fishing line), a needle, a toothpick, and a pair of nail scissors.
      Catsys do not have s-hook. The elastic is tied on directly to the parts.
      Pull the boot down and stick the toothpick though the elastic so it goes across the joint. Cut the thread that is tying the boot onto the elastic being careful to not cut the elastic itself.
      If you do not want to use new elastic, you will have to use your thread (or fishing line to make a loop) that goes from the knee joint to just above the ankle. Try that loop to the elastic. Using another piece of thread/line make a loop (you do need to tie this one) though the loop you tied onto the elastic. Use the tails of the second loop and tread them through the lower leg part. Once that is done you can remove the toothpick and pull the first loop though the lower leg. Use the toothpick to keep the thread/line from going back up into the leg. Now tie the loop to the foot and you should be all set.

If you have questions, please ask and I will try to help. I know I am not the best at explaining things. :sweat

9. Congratulations, deedee71! I hope you enjoy having Catsy in your doll family! :kitty2

There used to be a great tutorial on changing the parts back when Elfdoll still had their regular site, but it's pretty much like Tonboko said. The current elastic in the legs should be able to be stretched and threaded right down through the lower leg parts by using that fishing line or strong thread method. Then just attach the feet parts by tying them onto the elastic with another piece of line or thread. Do the same thing with the other leg. It sounds more complex than it is and I know a lot of people are intimidated by Catsy's small size, but she's basically strung like any other bjd - arms to arms, head through torso and loop divided into two loops, one for each leg.

10. Thanks cattwo. That is very helpful. I was afraid she would be wearing her boots forever but now I have the confidence to change her legs. Thankyou so much xxx

11. You're very welcome, deedee71! Tonboko's post, just above mine, goes into it in more detail and you can always check You-tube tutorials on stringing Elfdoll's larger dolls. It's done in much the same way, except that Catsy doesn't use s-hooks, as Tomboko mentioned. You just tie the feet on.

Once you get your Catsy's regular legs on, if you're interested in getting shoes for her, she can wear Heidi Ott's dollhouse dolls' shoes, so long as they are the softer type of plastic (they're the Women's ones that come in white, black or red and have pom poms or bows on them - not the display type). Catsy can also fit into most of Barbie's little sisters shoes - Kelly's shoes in some cases and almost all of Chelsea's.

12. Hi tonboko,

Sorry for the late reply, I hope you get a catsy soon too xxxx
      I got catsy on eBay from Europe. On EBay, she was described as:

BJD Elfdoll Tiny Doll Original Catsy cat white skin

Thank you for the restringing instructions. She looks cute in her boots but would be nice to change her to her feet xxx

13. I just went through the thread again and noticed something - I love how shrinkomatic's and phanuel's cats have human servants! I'm LOLing! I'm the only human servant my catsies have at the moment. :D

14. @Ballerina, I guess Catsys have human servants just like real cats! Haha. It's nice to see activity on this thread again. I've been too lazy about taking pics of my clan.

15. Time for another pool party:
      [​IMG]

Time to dust off the Catsy cats and take some new pics soon. :kitty2

16. Somewhere in time... Catsy and Bogart:
      [​IMG]

17. @Cattwo, how did I miss these? So great to see your clan! Wonderful clothes and props. That wig! :kitty1
      I have taken a pic of my four for National Cat Day but I'm not sure when I'll post it since it's on Sunday. It's been awhile since I photographed them so I thought it was their turn. Plus I usually avoid putting the white and black resin in the same shot because it's hard to get the lighting right, but decided to get them all together for this one.