1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elfdoll Catsy

Sep 9, 2005

1. This is a problem with all the Elfdoll shoe/boot feet. They will lose their paint the more they are handled. You can repaint them - not sure what paint is best to use but I'm sure someone here or on the Elfdoll tiny thread would know. Also, you can always change the feet to the normal feet. Since they are done in black resin, there shoud be no wear to their color. Once they have the bare feet on, Elfdoll tinies can wear Kelly shoes (Barbie's little sister) and you can usually find someone selling a set of a dozen or more on ebay. It's unfortunate that the paint wears on the shoes, but I don't know of any way to prevent that other than to avoid handling them. Perhaps someone has a better suggestion to offer?

2. Thanks, Cattwo. I'm going to get some acrylic silver model paint for them, but I'm still lost as to what kind of sealant to use. I would definitely change her feet, but I'm to scared too. X(

3. Oh I love the idea to name her Josie for Ms. Baker,,,I just ordered a catsy through junkyspot...is the black through the resin or is it painted on her?
      also how quick does junkyspot send out the catsy dolls? I hope she is the same size as Bong, also do the new tiny outfits work for them, the elfdoll ones? please help...I am so excited that I just ordered her! I missed out on one in the marketplace, (:...()

4. Congratulations, alligatorpie! I'm sure you'll be very happy with your Black Catsy! She's such a great doll! :D

To answer your question regarding the resin - yes, the black is all the way through. She is the same size as Bong but has the more adult body style - like the fairies. My Catsy dolls can wear any of the tiny Elfdoll clothes and most Bratz Kidz clothes. Since I've seen Bong and her sisters wearing the same clothes, you should be able to share clothes between them with no problem. I'm actually waiting for a Bong and Min to arrive next week, so I'm sure hoping they can share! Although, if Catsy and Josie hear that, they might be a bit angry at that thought! Cats don't like to share! ;)

To answer your other question, I believe Junkyspot is pretty quick to ship, but perhaps sephora-chan can fill you in on that. I believe that is where sephora-chan bought Black Catsy.

Thanks for the nice comment about Josie's name, too! I'm sure you'll be able to find the purr-fect name for your Black Catsy, as well! Have fun with her when she arrives! :)

5. Yay, alligatorpie: I'm sure you'll love your Catsy (I know I do)! :D

I agree with everything Cattwo said in regards to Catsies: I know that they can wear Kelly doll clothes too because my girl is currently wearing some. :) As for Junky Spot delivery, my girl arrived safely and quickly in four days courtesy of Junky Spot and USPS (and the box was PACKED with goodies!!). I was so used to the month-or-more overseas doll wait that it was really awesome having my Catsy show up on my doorstep so quickly.

shipping will differ in days depending on your location, of course. I'm on the outskirts of Chicago but Junky Spot is located in San Francisco (I think), so depending on how close oyu are, you should get your Catsy in a matter of days. and I love the name Josie, btw. ;P