1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elfdoll Catsy

Sep 9, 2005

1. putting the boots on and taking the legs off is a little harder as you have to restring her , you will find the elastic for the legs will be too long to just add the boots on

check the tutorial before you start :)
      Its not too hard to restring the Elf dolls , but it helps if you have the right tools :)

2. Well... I"m still confused. :? the tutorial that Carolyn posted (THANKS carolyn!) doesn't have me putting elastic down her lower legs at all, just fishing line. Does she stand okay if I do that? With her feet/lower legs on just fishing line, not strung? Guess I won't know until I try.

3. I think the fishing line must be tied tight enough so it is under a bit of tension from the elastic, like the Elfdoll girls' hand and feet.

Carolyn

4. I have boots I want to try on one of my girls at some point...*scurries off to eldfoll website*

5. I got my Catsy yesterday. She arrived with her normal feet, and I wanted to put her boot feet on. I just kinda did it. Her little legs are strung with fishing wire beneath the knee. So you really don't have to change her stringing at all. Just get some fishing wire and loop it through the hook on the boot leg, run it through the knee cap, and tie it to the stringing. Took me an hour. That little hook was tiny. I recommend some really thin tweezers.

6. I think the non-cat Elfdolls have elastic that goes down into their lower leg. Catsy must have elastic that stops above her knee. That's why they have two tutorials.

Carolyn

7. Carolyn, I can't find the tutorial for changing the wigs. I've changed my Bongs wig/cap but I can't seem to get the new caps to stay on well. They keep slipping backward. Any advice?

8. Yep, elastic stops right abover her knee. Even with her normal legs. Both sets are strung with fishing wire.

9. I've read the existing threads on where to get eyes, and I have a couple of acrylic eyes in mind that I'll probably try (I don't care for MP eyes in that size, I had some for my Min Del Re -- I'm looking at Artistique and at some of the eyes from Audrey's), but I'm really curious about what has worked for other owners.

The eyes that came with her (8mm, grey-blue) seem to have the iris taking up too much of the socket -- I'm interested in some eyes that have more white showing. Would 6mm eyes be too small? Does anyone have a Catsy (or other Elfdoll) who would be able to try 6mm eyes?

I'm also interested in finding pale pink or pale green eyes -- I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences (and to see photos, if you have any!)

Thanks much,

-- Andi <3

10. I have ordered some Artistique 6mm eyes that should be in later this week. I don't plan on changing my Catsy's eyes but I can surely give you a measurement on the iris of the 6mm size.

11. Awesome, thanks!!

I'm worried that the 6mm eyes will be too small to fill the sockets, but I really like the idea of her having a bit more 'white' to her eyes, since I think that will make her a bit more expressive for my eeeeville purposes.

Much appreciated!

Still interested in photos and experiences of various eyes ^-^

-- A <3

12. Take a look at the 8mm acrylic eyes at Volks US:

http://www.volksusa.com/

They only have a few colors in 6mm but lots in 8mm and a lot cheaper than people sell them on Ebay. There are some really nice light greens that would look great in Catsy and lots of blues too.

13. I actually have a set of 6mm Artistiques I can try out for you tomorrow! I ordered them for my Catsy way before I got her. Forgot I even had them. XD

14. I have a set of 8mm pale pink eyes for sale that I got for my PF, if you are interested...

15. Carolyn.S, thank you for the suggestion! They do have some great colors!

Toccyn, bless you, that would be awesome! I'm just concerned that 6mm might not fill the socket, so I hate to order them and have them not work out . . . I'd really prefer the iris size of the 6mm eyes if it could be made to work.

Noriko, I PM'ed you!

Thanks, all!!

-- A ^-^

16. Ashbet, I think you're going to be just fine with the 6mm eyes. I really like the look of them in my Catsy.

[​IMG]

And they fit really well. The only thing is that her eyes are a real pain in the ass to change.

17. She is soooo cute! I might have to change my mind about changing her eyes.
      :)

18. I prefer the 6mm in Catsy actually... There are Volks Dollfie Plus acrylic eyes. The first pic she is wearing 6mm, the second picture shows 6mm on the left, 8mm on the right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Aww, thank you LabRat! <3