1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elfdoll Catsy

Sep 9, 2005

1. Yay!! Thank you all!!

Toccyn, your little rebel is so cute ^-^

Evenstar, I'd seriously thought that those were Eye Candies or something equally expensive in your Catsy pair . . . I'm delighted to learn that they're in my price range after all! *bounces* Thank you so much!

**happyhugs**

-- A :D

2. May I ask anyone who will reply why you chose to get Catsy? I am intrigued by her and thinking seriously that she may be a future Dollfie of mine. I would like to know how you decided to get her, if you have any regrets about getting her and also, what are the things you like most about her?

Thanks!
      Laura

3. I love cats and love tinies so it was a natural for me. I do wish the feet options were easier to change. I like her little boots but I like the feet, too. I wish there were a set of white high heeled feet for her. :)

4. I was just drawn to her. The idean of my dolls being able to have a 'pet' that was also a doll was the clincher for me. She just has so much personality. Shes also easy to take EVERYWHERE. Her feet are a pain in the butt to change. Mine came with the regular feet on, but I wanted the boot feet. It took me an hour to get the fishing wire into the little s-hooks, but I did it! And she stands and poses the best out of all my dolls! You won't regret getting her!

5. Thank you for answering my queries. I am glad to get some perspective on this unique doll. I think a set of white high heeled shoes would be great for Catsy. If you remove the boots, do her feet come with them? (What I mean is, can she go "barepaw" or are her feet and shoes attached?) ;)

6. Oh. I think I understand the feet issue that I first read about in LabRat's post. So, she can come with regular cat paws and if you want her to have shoes, you have to switch out her cat paws with a set of shoes? That would make things tough as you mentioned fishing wire and little s-hooks (YIKES!), but still, she is an amazing doll and I agree with you, it's neat to have a pet for your Dollfies. I can't tell scale-wise her size compared to the Dollfies, super or MSD. How does she compare in size?

7. Catsy has a ton of personality, I agree . . . I love mine! She's yet to be revealed because she's still in the customization stage, but here are some pictures of my Mau girls (SD-sized original sculpt heads on Luts bodies) with a Catsy:

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50420

At some point, I'll have pictures of Catsy with my dolly crew . . . but in the meanwhile, look for pictures of "Elfdolls" -- they're incredibly tiny, closer to 1/12-scale rather than 1/3-scale like SD-sized dolls :>

HTH!

-- Andi ^-^

8. She is actually just like a little lady doll except for the head. She is white resin but the alternate feet are feet, not paws. The boot feet come off at the knee and you have to put on the lower leg and the feet when you change them out.

My other Elf Doll tiny is a Lyn and she has feet with little elf boots on but she also has feet. I got the highheeled feet separate. They don't make the highheeled feet in white for Catsy (I don't think :) )

9. Thank you, Ashbet and LabRat. I think I want a Catsy!

Cheers,
      Laura

10. I think you will love her. I got mine and think she is an adorable little girl.
      Such fun!
      [​IMG]

11. I look forward to seeing more pics of Catsy!

12. HEEE there's my GIRL!!!!!!!!! It's CLEMENTINE!!!

The one on the left - and the one in the top pic - lives with me now. :) I want to change her feet to the regular feet so she can wear more clothes... I LOVE the boots, they are SO SO CUTE, but she can't wear certain things. I want to see if I can think of a way to make them easier to swap around.

As to why I wanted a catsy -- I love cats, and this little darling has the perfect pissed-off cat expression. I also love the tinies, so... it was not too hard to want one!!

13. hey andi! i got huzzah 8mm dollfie plus eyes back when you still had to order through other channels.

[​IMG]

i wasn't really interested in changing the iris size, just the color, but now i'm thinking i might try some 6mm eyes to see how they look. and they're cheap enough to buy "just to see" so my wallet won't weep too badly.

i was going to say that the evenstar catsy (AKA sher's clementine!) i thought had 6mm eyes, but rachel beat me to it. ^^;

14. Awww, Sher, I love Clementine, and giantbeetle, yours is such a sweetie! Love 'em all!

I wonder how Catsy would look in a Lolita ensemble?

Meow!

15. Oh those Catsy's are gorgeous!! But one doll is enough for me ;)

16. I've put her in some 8mm Dollfie Plus eyes (I think the color is "Yellow Green"), and I think they suit her quite well -- I'm still looking for an intense fuchsia-pink, but for now, I'm happy!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, and for those who wanted to see Catsy with an SD-sized doll, here she is with Cyan (Mau head on Luts Mature body):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-- Andi ^-^

17. Kittytoes has a catsy named Nettle, and she dresses her in these fussy little victorian-inspired outfits that she makes for her... the top of your head could JUST pop off from the cuteness..............

18. Ha ha thanks Sher!

I was just going to chime in...
      Nettle wears the Volks 8mm eyes also. I like the pupil size since you don't usually see a cat's scleras. :)

[​IMG]

19. Kittytoes, I love her! I can see a bit of her ruffled blouse(?)

Ashbet, awesome Catsy and Cyan!

20. ahhh yes there she is... Nettle... the catsy that inspired many a purchase. The GLARE...

Kat's pics of nettle in a foofy black victorian gown are enough to, quite literally, slay a person dead. **NETTLE**... :aheartbea