1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elfdoll Catsy

Sep 9, 2005

1. IIRC, Idollstar had 8mm cat-eyes:

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49489

Good luck! They're hard to find in this size :/

-- Andi <3

P.S. Edit -- they've changed their site and I can't find *anything*, but someone (brighter than me) may be able to help you find their eyes page.

2. Thanks everybody! I just got some pipecleaners so I'll have to try that, I was using a thing framing wire before (I work at Aaron Brothers, so I get fun stuff sometimes). I think she may be strung too tight- would restringing her just entail snipping the fishing line that holds her boot feet to the elastic and tying a looser knot, or redoing all the elastic? *worried* Hopefully the pipecleaners work, because while I eventually want to switch out her feet, change her eyes, and give her a faceup, a. I want to do it all at once, and b. I need to work up the cojones. heehee.

3. I know people have used pipecleaners in tinies that have wider stringing holes. The stringing holes on Elfdoll tinies are pretty tight. Some people use smooth craft wire made for jewelry (maybe 22 gauge? not sure).

Scroll down here for help with pipecleaners...

http://www.gothiclibrarian.net/Lilliputians/viewtopic.php?t=910

But before you do it, you might want to do the leg changing if you are planning to do that. Elfdoll.com has a few photo tutorials in Elfdoll Talk and Elfdoll Hospital. Here are the photos of changing Catsy's legs:

http://elfdoll.com/skin/elfdoll/bbs/view.php?bid=3&uid=19&page=1

Small skinny tinies can be pretty kicky because the pull of the elastic overcomes the tiny joints. The wire should help.

Re the headcap - my Catsy's headcap doesn't sit flat in the hole either. I think it's because the headcap is on the back of the head instead of the top, so the elastic pulls on it at an angle. If you want it to sit flat, one option would be this - after you finish changing Catsy's eyes (if you plan to do that), if her head will stay on well without attaching the headcap, you could just use a couple of small bits of Aleene's Tacky Glue to hold the headcap on (instead of hooking the elastic to it). Some members have done this with other tinies and I did it with one of mine. You will still be able to pry the headcap up with a fingernail in the future.

BTW - I have some stuff on removing Elfdoll tiny headcaps and changing eyes here (scroll down to find it, spare headcap stuff refers to the wigged flash-colored dolls):

http://www.gothiclibrarian.net/Lilliputians/viewtopic.php?t=1051

Carolyn

4. Thanks for all the help- I'll have to try that out when I get a bit of time.

5. Catsy is so cute, any pictures of her yet???? I'd love to see your little one.

6. I'm trying to get the size scaled down so I can post a picture, I think I need my boyfriend to help me because I must be doing something wrong. heehee. Soon I'll have some up!

7. Okay, I'm being a dork & replying to my own thread, just in case it helps anybody else....

Orient Doll carries an 8mm yellow cat eye in acrylic. Here is the direct link.

8. You can also search the net and ebay for 8mm Teddy bear eyes. I found some and let me tell you 8mm grey kitty eyes are hard to find. What ever you do, DO NOT BUY FROM THE COMPANY IN SOUTH AFRICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't remember the name, trying to block it out. It was a nightmare, took 5 months to ship me $2 pair of eyes, TWICE. Since the first got lost in the mail. They suck at packaging . I got the envelope, just no eyes. BUt as for Quailty of eye, very good. And the eyes go as small as 4mm. I just wish they more competent packaging and time wise.

9. Oooh! Thank you! That link found me some suitable 8mm red eyes for a Wishel Demon!

Lucy

10. To momentarily reserect an older thread. I just tried on a Bratz Kidz outfit and it fits Catsy perfectly in fact it's better than the Bratz Babies. So you can actually get away with both the Bratz Babies and the Bratz Kidz clothing.

Christal

11. I got my catsy today. The links posted for the tutorial for changing the feet don't work. Did anyone archive it?

Please help!

12. Thanks for the updated link, it's so hard restringing tinies sometimes. >_<

13. My Catsy should be here tomorrow or Tuesday. I hope I dont feel the need to change her feet too often... this is way more intimidating than restringing my delf. *_*

14. I think the tutorial at Elfdoll.com on changing the feet is all you need fot foot changing. The feet and lower legs may come with extra nylon string. You will need something to hold the elastic loop outside of the thigh's knee end (I would probably use a plastic knitting pin (looks like and old plastic hair roller pin), and a plastic wool sewing needle that looks like a large sewing needle made of plastic (both found in knitting department). Having the sewing needle and the pin through the loop will let you pull the new nylon thread trough the loop easily when ready, leaving the pin the continue holding the elastic out. Tie the new pieces on and then release the elastic loop by pulling the pin.

Alternately you could use a chopstick or pencil or strong toothpick instead of the plastic pin and needle, and just use your own method to get the nylon string through the tight elastic loop.

Here is the Catsy leg changing tutorial:
      http://dec66292.dreamweb.co.kr/boar...=DREAMBOARD4&choose2=&choose1=&pagenow=1&ID=3

And this tutorial is for changing feet on the other girls though I am not sure if they are all strung with the elastic loop going all the way into the calf like that (some Elfdoll's leg elastic may be shorter like Catsy's).
      http://dec66292.dreamweb.co.kr/boar...=DREAMBOARD4&choose2=&choose1=&pagenow=1&ID=4

Has anyone found it better totally restring Catsy's body to get the elastic loop down to the ankle? Or do the knees and ankles work fine on nylon thread?

Carolyn

15. I put little "s" hooks in all the feet for my elf doll tiny. I got tired of the tying and untying. :)

16. For Catsy, since her elastic loop usually ends at or above her knee, I would be wary of trying to use S-hooks - it might interfere with the knee joint.

Carolyn