1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elfdoll new type female Rainy body

Apr 30, 2008

1. while I like the body and improoved posability (or I hope that's the sace cause we don't really see any posability poses. Just bland ones) I must say I positivly HATE the breasts... they look like they were stuck there as an after thought. They look too high on the body and the invisibile push up bra look? ARGH I'd rather have a more natural looking breast.

2. All I can say is thank goodness I got my girl with the old body. Those boobs would kill me.

3. My thoughts exactly! It looks like "granny panties" :lol:

I am not so fond of the new chest joint that many companies are making. It looks... I just don't like the look of it. And her breasts look ridiculously squishy.

But, I quite like the dimples on her elbows! I also like her fisted hands, and overall "pearshape". With different torso joints and more natural breasts, she might be really nice!

4. I don't like the boobs at all....unless a different one is offered I dont see myself ever getting an Elfdoll.

5. Omg, I just noticed, she has no...Ehm, private parts. Or at least they're very undefined... Is it just me who think that looks a bit wierd?

6. I like the rounded hips but GOD, those BREASTS.

*cuddles my a-cup narae and my bra-less-breasted domuya ida girls*

7. i have both old Elfdoll girl bodies and i've seen the new body at the Elfdoll showroom. the new body has thinner legs and arms, the bust measures the same as the old small-bust body. I like the "invisibra" look of the new bust. It is different from the old small-bust, and I like the novelty of a different looking body.

After looking at the new pictures on the Elfdoll website the newbody looks good proportionally with the currently available Elfdoll standard heads.

8. Terrible news from Ms. Chelong - there won't be other breasts options for the new body. :doh

I have my Soah on the old body, so I'm not desperate even though I'd have loved upgrading her to a body with better posability - but I do mourn the next girl Rainman sculpts which takes my breath away utterly and haunts my sleep.

Because I will not be able to buy her if she'd come with those hideous breasts......! :...(

9. So there will be no possibility ever that they will have a body with the breasts Rainman originaly sculpted for the new body? Not even with almost everyone looking at the girl saying "I will never ever buy it because it has a hideous bosom even though everything else is beautiful"? That is just... Sad! :...(

10. Bummer. I was enchanted by the original pictures of Hazy. She reminded me of a serene "earth mother" type beauty. Then, Rainman decided to put her in a push up bra and turn her into a corporate executive. She was still beautiful, but I felt like the spirit of the doll was squelched. (I can almost hear her, "Get me out of this danged push-up bra!" lol.) I have to say she is very beautiful in Lori's pics, and I like everything about the body, except the breasts. I'll have to see how she moves me when she comes out as a standard edition, and if I can get over the double D perkies.

11. i like to make my girls wear busty/corestty tops so i do like the bust. but nuude it looks odd. thought i cant say i have my dolls hang around nude so im ok with that. overall i quite like it. i like the chunkyness from behind, the very sturdy look of it. anyone know how well this resin matches dollshe?

12. I don't agree there. In the promotional pictures the older sculpts look like lollipops in the new body for me. The body is too thin and the breasts (even dressed) are placed too high for the size of the heads. Even the neck seems to fit oddly, specially in Sooah (who is my favourite!)

I also hate those breasts, and I don't understand that reasoning that "they look better dressed". It's true dolls usually don't sit around naked but why should I prefer something which looks better hidden to something which looks good both dressed and naked, as the old body did?

I was only interested on the new body to improve posability, but if I can't get a shape I like, I may just keep the old one, even if I hate the way she (doesn't) pose... For the differences I see, I could the same change the body for another brand's one...

I'm very sad because I'm a big fan of Rainman's work... I really hope he reads this and offer another bust option as he did with the old bodies...

Of course I may change my mind when I see one in person, but that's how I feel now, and it's not a pleasant feeling :(

13. I'm not too fond of the bust. It's not even that it's got a pushed up look--that doesn't necessarily bother me (for instance I actually like the mini fee bust). I don't know...something about them just looks awkward to me. I don't know if it's the placement or where the joint comes under or what, but it really does turn me off of that particular body.

14. It wasn't Rainman's decision to change the breast; it was a decision made by one of Elfdoll's directors. He liked the first bust and torso he sculpted best but he was told to change it to the "push up" bust.

15. Perhaps enough 'constructive criticism' will show the directors that it's better for business that they consider offering a more natural bust option. It's doubtful, but anything can happen when you throw around profits and economics.

16. If people wrote them, maybe they would offer a more natural breast part? Rainman takes a lot of things personally and to heart.

17. My second thought...

Hugs would be pretty interesting. ;)

18. i have to disagree then. Overall, the body lines with the standard head look pretty good aesthetically to me. It does give the head a different characteristic.

I'm also wondering about the feet, if anyone has any info or pics on what they look like.
      [​IMG]

19. That's funny, that's exactly the picture in which the body looks worse with that head for me. Look at the neck angle. And definitely the head looks too big, or so I think.

20. :sweat I honestly hope he doesn't take a lot of this personally. If so, he must feel awful after some of the things said in this thread.