1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elfdoll new type female Rainy body

Apr 30, 2008

1. I waited a while to give my own two cents to see if I could tone it down some, but I waited and... well... Ooooof.

No matter how I slice or dice it or think on it, my reaction is still the same.

Sorry, darling, but can I have my old-body small-busted more natural-looking Rainy girl back, please? :sweat

There are so many things about the new body that I really don't like.

The - Teeny waist and upper torso and big hips and resulting pear and hourglass shape.

The new body reminds me of the 60cm Obitsu soft body girls and their very disproportionate bodies, though the Obitsu girls didn't seem to have implant-grade busts like the new Elfdoll girl seems to have.

And the - Implant-grade breasts.

What happened to the natural looking ones?! Permanent push-up bra is not what I had in mind!

Are the two main things that I don't like and those were the biggest changes to the doll.

I personally liked my girls more natural looking and less... less... something.

But each to his or her own, right? :sweat

I own an Elfdoll boy and have played with the Elfdoll girls, so I know the craftsmanship is pretty much guaranteed to be beautiful... and the new girl body is, but...!

ERGH.

I'll just shut up now.

2. I really like the new body ^^ nothing really bugs me of it, Im just hoping the legs can pose much better than the older body!

3. I wondered what was bothering me so much! (aside from the awful breasts)
      She's completely out of proportion down there! The hands are lovely, though.

I'm a bit disappointed, as I had hoped for a new body for my Ryung (who has a chipped ankle :(), but she's sticking with her older body for now!

I'm also curious about the feet.......... does anyone have a pic of them?
      I hope they're not like how they look in this pic!: http://www.elfdollshop.com/goods/images/20080430050107cont3.jpg
      She's wearing shoes that black out with the background, isn't she?? :?

4. Yeah, she has high heels on in that pic. If you look carefully you can see two shiny points where the toes of them are. I also thought she had tiny feet at first glance at that pic. :)

5. Ohhhh yes I see! Haha, thank god for that! :lol:

6. I am getting Hazy, but I truly prefer the bust shown in the original preview pics. The push-up bust isn't a deal killer for me - not on Hazy anyway. But I was planning on also buying a standard Emma and am not going to now until another version is offered, so I won't be orderig the standard this period as I'd originally planned.

7. i like the new body very much and i'm ordering an Elfdoll Lydia or Emma once I make up my mind.

The thinner body makes the doll look different definitely, kind of younger in some ways, compared to the older bodies.

Did someone ask for feet pics? they're in this news thread, but not very clearly.
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212267

8. Woah... I just found out about this today. I don't like the torso as much as the old one, but the elbows are a great thing to have!

9. Thank you for the review. I would buy Sooah anyway but after reading your review I am more confident :) At first I was not very impressed with the bust (still not sure if I like them) but the posibility looks promising. Can't wait!

10. That Elfdoll as a company would truly wish to abandon the beauty of the original bust sculpt, is truly sad. I have a Sooah and the grace of her figure was one of her main selling points.

11. One of my favorite things about the Rainy girls has always been their small bust. It is one of their features which looks most graceful to me. I will miss seeing it on these new girls.

I like the thinner more streamlined legs and thighs. I am also hoping that this new sculpt will hold a pose better. Their ankles have always been their weakest area.

12. ...wow, I really, really dislike that body.

Everything is wrong. In a lot of photos, you can see the top nob of the neck (I'm not sure what to call it?) -- the point at which the neck curves in and ends. It looks as if the head is just plopped down on top of it, rather than actually fitted down onto the neck. The breasts are so unnatural. The length from the navel to the groin is really awkward for me. I don't like the big knobby shoulders either. The elbows are nice, but the knees really remind me of the knees on the 27cm vinyl Volks Dollfies -- not quite what I want to think of when I see a resin girl.

The original body was so lovely and slender, too...

13. Geez, this sounds awful, all this criticism, but I really just wanted less "thigh pie" and that would have been enough change for me after all. The hip length just seems way too long to me--not sure how she's going to look in pants. I really do love the new hands--very pretty. The bust is really okay for me, since I do like low cut period stuff, however I know what you all mean about the natural bust of the previous sculpt.

Oh well, I still love the Rainy girls and plan to get Emma and probably Sooah and Lydia too. Perhaps in time we'll get another body that's juuuust right. Third time's a charm :)

I sold most of my dolls last year to pay for neck surgery, and it was such an awful experience all around. Looks like my claim will be settled soon, and some Rainy girls will definitely be heading my way.

14. please delete post

15. I'm also interested in the size of her feet, as Hazy is coming here and my little fashion plate wants to look good.

16. I hate to sound like I'm jumping onto a bandwagon, but I really do have to agree with the 95% vote here: the body is a lovely creation ... but the push-up breasts are utterly and absolutely horrenduous.
      The more natural bust that Rainman himself wanted for the new body is, by stark contrast, very beautiful and shapely.

Why, oh why, did ... whoever this "DK" person is ... have to infringe on Rainman's creative freedom and influence him to substitute his expression of beauty for that ... that ... thing? :(

Sadly, as many have said before me on this thread, this bust is an absolute deal breaker for me - I will never be able to bring myself to spend my money to buy one, no matter how pretty the face sculpt that goes with it.

But, all is not lost: Rainman's original bust sculpt still ought to exist. Hopefully Elfdoll can be prevailed upon to see the basic business sense in providing the product that the majority of the consumer base wants (versus the lack of such in only offering a product that only a minority can even barely tolerate), and will offer Rainman's sculpt as an option.

Here's hoping... :eusa_pray

17. For people who say they won't buy an Elfdoll because of the boobs: ever heard of body-switching?

18. Well... I bought my Soah April 2005, and though I have always been very dissatisfied with her body's mechanical issues, I have yet to buy her another body. No body has satisfied both my estethical and mechanical demands on it.

Buying another Elfdoll girl with such an unsightly problem as the horror boobs, knowing from the very start that maybe, perhaps, someday I might find a body to swich her to - just cannot be contemplated. :shudder

19. What if we were waiting for the new body exactly for that reason? I wanted to upgrade my Sooah's body and now... well... seems I will not...

20. I had yearned for that too.

Finally a good body to liberate my Soah from her original body's posing problems, and finally an incentive to buy more of Rainman's lovely girls without having the heartache of problematic bodies... And now I never will have that possibility...! :doh