1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elfdoll new type female Rainy body

Apr 30, 2008

1. I agree with a lot of the feedback here; the breasts, while looking very nice clothed, really turn me off otherwise. What about for girls who like swimsuits, or lingere? The new bust part just doesn't do it for me.

I could get over the bust area, though, but I can't seem to get past the overlong lower torso. There looks to be a good near inch of crotch that she really doesn't need, and it makes her look awkward.

That being said, though, I do like the new jointing and the wideness of her hips. But I wish the corporates had let Rainman do what HE wanted with the sculpt, rather than interfering in the creative process.

On top of it all, Elfdoll resin doesn't seem to have very many compatible matches for body-switching. I've been searching here on DoA, and there's not a whole lot to choose from, hybrid-wise, to replace the body with.

Hence, I despair. :(

2. That's the point. A natural looking breast looks good dressed AND undressed. Why should I want a body that only looks good one way when the old one did look good both ways???

3. The majority of people feel that the bust looks pretty bad, so not only will that impact direct sales, it limits the market for secondhand sales, particularly if you want to buy the doll to body swap. There are plenty of dolls with the 'whole package' so why would you buy a doll that you feel looks crappy in one respect. I'd rather get a lishe instead. Down the track I may buy a Hazy reminisce head and mod it. That would be far easier than trying to body swap and you'll probably lose less money. I'm disappointed that Hazy doesn't have a body I like, but I'm sure if they lose enough international sales, they'll change it.

4. Very true. Problem is though, judging from the company's responsiveness, it may take them quite a while to change their position on this - especially if this has become an internal prestige issue.

As Elfdoll has pulled the old body entirely from production and replaced it with the new one, the question becomes how popular the new "Squash-Bust" body is on their domestic market.
      If it is at all as unpopular there as it seems to be on the international market, the decision to entirely phase out the old body all at once may have a very rapid and very severe impact on Elfdoll's sales of the 60cm dolls - which in turn I'd suspect has to be a substantial part of their revenue stream.
      If so - will the Elfdoll put Rainman's original bust into production soon enough for the company to recover?

5. I like new body much more than the old one.
      And I think about Lydia now.......

6. I feel the same way. I really like the new body. I've never had an Elfdoll girl that stayed here for very long because I just didn't like the bodies on them. The new body has me thinking about getting Emma.

7. I actually like the way the new breasts look when clothed. It looks like a woman wearing a push-up bra. Since my dolls are rarely nude, the push-up bra effect works in my favor. The under-breast joint is also nice. I love the fact that a lot of manufacturers are using it. She's a leaner, lovelier, more improved version in my eyes.

I agree with Borovnian, though, the best solution would probably be if they released a "more natural" option for those that hate the new look. Judging from some of the comments here, there would be a good market for it. That way, everyone can be happy.

I, for one, am glad that he finally released this new body and addressed some of the issues that plagued the old one-- the thunder thighs, the wonky ankles, the pinup girl back arch on the big-breasted girls, and the barbie hands. The new double jointed elbow is particularly great. I love double-joints, and am glad to see that he put some in. The new hands are beautiful, too. Now that he's released this new body sculpt, I can put June back in my wishlist. Though she has stiff competition with Hazy. Who knows, maybe I'll get both. I do have some sisters planned, and they would make stunning siblings.

The shoes thing does bother me, though. Has anyone found out what shoes the new body can fit, and is elfdoll going to offer any? I'd also like to know if it is possible to get the high-heeled feet anywhere other than fullsets?

8. So far she fits every sd shoe I have. I haven't tried the Senior Delf shoes on her yet tho. I wish he did high heel feet w/o the shoes already on them.

9. Thanks for the info! That's another good point in her favor. I knew with the old body, sometimes she was hard to find shoes for. Nice to see that she's a little more versatile this time around!

10. I think she has the same shoe size than the old version, but the old version was very easy to find shoes for. I understand at first it was difficult but when I purchased mine on early 2006 almost all shoes brands were her size (Luts, Dollheart, etc...)

11. I ordered Lydia and I cant wait to receive her! :)

12. I asked if they were at all considering offering a natural bust...

... And they're thinking about it! If not decided, they are at least considering it. So come on and bug them, everyone, and maybe they'll give in!

13. I hope they don't discontinue the current bust if they come out with the natural one. Maybe I should go ahead and order my June, just in case. She's my clotheshorse, so the push-up bra version is perfect for her.

14. i have taken a comparison picture of an elfdoll lb june, hazy, and souldoll hye. they are each beautiful, and quite different from each other. hope you like my girls.[​IMG]

15. Thanks for the pic! I apologize if anyone else has already done the side-by-side of the old and new Elfdoll bodies, but this is the first one I've seen. I'm surprised by the size difference in the bodies. It's not a huge difference, but it looks significant (does that make sense at all?! *_*) The new one looks nice, but I'm glad I have my old chunk of a girl Meili.

16. hi wotan, i was surprised at the size difference between hazy and june. june weighs less, too, i think. she is a beauty, and i love her as much as my numerous other elfdoll girls. i am not sure she can truly share all cloths, though....

17. Yeah, I can see where they might have some problems sharing clothes. The legs look about the same length, but Hazy's are a lot more slender-- I guess she could wear pants that fit on the older Elfdoll body, though they may be loose.

The biggest difference I saw in the picture looked like the torsos. I overlayed the images of the two dolls in Photoshop, though, and it doesn't look all that different once you get the shoulders lined up. The old body is a little wider in the ribs, but not by much. Is the old torso deeper (from front to back) than the new one?

Thanks for answering-- I'm such a geek about doll comparisons. :lol:

18. First I've seen this thread and first i've looked at the new body. All I can say is I do NOT want to ever bother buying the new body. :( It just can't hold a candle to the older elfdoll body. I've only just had my first ever elfdoll older body arrive today, and it is the large bust model. The beauty in the sculpt is breath taking. Why is it with Elfdoll? If it isn't broken, don't fix it! I'm not saying the new body would put me off ever buying an Elfdoll again, but I would definately have to do a body swap. I really can't stand it. :( My husband who isn't even into dolls but was sat near me when I was looking at the pics has commented saying it looks just plain weird.... I'm sure rainman did the best he could under the circumstances, but I just despise the style.

19. oh dear I am on the fence! maybe I will have to save up and get one! I have an old body Sooah on the way right now but who next.....

20. I've had my Hazy for a while now and she's the best poser of any of my BJD's. She can stand on heels and I had her standing without a problem on carpeting right out of the box. For that reason alone I love the new body. Her breasts do look much better in person. While I don't feel the need to change out my bigger breasted Rainy's, I wouldn't hesitate getting an Elfdoll with this body again.