1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elfdoll Rainy (Large) Discussion Part 4

Mar 26, 2019

1. I'm in a bit of pickle!

I have a (very very old) head which is quite yellowed and needs a body, and I'm trying to find a 60-ish cm girl body to put her on. DFH 58 girl would be perfect but they no longer do resin matching. So I think the best I can hope for is a sufficiently old Little Monica Harmony girl or Angell Studio girl (the bodies would need to be like 10+ years old I would imagine to have a chance to match).

I'll probably put up a WTB on the forums soonish, but I guess I'm just here to whine a bit.

2. Looks like she was snapped up! I sold my Sibara years ago and sometimes regret it.

3. Oh I feel like you, I often ruined colors matching too! It's hard to achieve. Omega is still nice looking no matter her age! I've seen your new faceup and, as I said, I like it a lot. It suits her.

Here I have taken a quick shot of Erika, my Vivien. It's the first time I took her out for a photo, even if it's only a simple portrait.

[​IMG]

4. That makes me feel a bit better @Follow-the-Wind I often don't bother because when I think the color is right, because of pastel transparency vs. the resin color I'm matching to it doesn't always photograph consistently anyway. I didn't bother to correct at all on the second faceup and with my color choices otherwise it seems perfectly acceptable so it feels like, why bother? :lol:

Erika looks awesome! Did you put her together recently? She has a great style! How many different Elfdoll sculpts do you have? I still remember myself looking over the website in oh 2011 or something just wishing I could have every Rainy girl. They are all so lovely. :aheartbea

5. @AlisonVonderland Yes true, why bother then? :lol:
      Thank you for my large girl! No, I completed her maybe three years ago, but she has no fitting clothes (here she is borrowing some of my Dollshe Amanda clothes, and they are slightly too big for her) so I show her nearly never. I have only three Elfdoll left : Vivien, Reminisce Soah (x2 heads, one is modded) and Euna. Oh, and a Hazy head I didn't manage to tame yet. I used to own Sian and Yuan, but I sold those two.
      Yes same here, I find them all lovely! And in the end, do you bought other elfdoll aside Omega?

6. @Follow-the-Wind Yeah I might vaguely remember all those you had before even! Sian was a cool sculpt.
      I once had eun-a for a while but other than that no, the only one I had was Lydia as the Omega character. I doubt I'll ever have another. Never say never of course but I can't imagine of much use for new characters any time soon.
      I hope you get some outfits especially for your girl! It's hard when they only borrow, especially for year! Still, she looks great :D

7. Oh, Sian! It was interesting face...

8. Hi! I'm here to confirm a rumor I remembered regarding Elfdoll's reopening in 2017. I remembered reading posts of DK not fulfilling orders of Rachel before she disappeared, is this true or is this a rumor?

9. From what I understand, DK Fulfilled all the orders, said they would be back.

A bit later, DK put an announcement up on the website that she and Rainman had parted ways as business partners..

In exchange for her assuming all of the financial responsibility for Elfdoll, she got to keep the molds to the sculpts Rainman did with Elfdoll. The website closed and has not come back since. I do hope we will one day see some of those sculpts resurface.

10. I am hoping for this too. I wonder if it’s possible to bring the old sculpts back somehow if someone got in contact with DK.

11. I think several people have tried to get in touch with her. I have tried on Instagram, and even contacting the old Elfdoll PayPal email address. I hope she does come back and re-release the old sculpts. I am very glad to see Rainman continuing to sculpt bjds! But, I have a great affection for the style he sculpted in during the Elfdoll Years. And, back in the day, DK and Oka were the ones we communicated with at Elfdoll. DK Is the reason he is sculpting bjds at all. They were friends, and as I understand it, she Is a doll collector and is the one that urged him to do bjds.

12. Ahhh man so people have already tried? I’ve looked into it but wasn’t sure how I should go about contacting DK. I think I tried an old defunct email lol whoops

13. I don’t think it’s bad if people keep trying. Maybe yours will be the communication that finally makes it happen! I don’t know what went on between them, but I think being in business together puts a strain on any relationship.

Maybe if there’s evidence of enough demand for the old sculpts, she might even decide to sell the molds to another company.

14. That’s a good idea too. I’m going to pm you. Maybe we can come up with a plan. I really want Pink but I know I’ll never get her 2nd hand. I need someone to make her again .

15. Which one is Pink? I’m not familiar with that sculpt.

16. Pink was a limited edition Lovely. I think I've seen her come up on the secondhand market exactly once. :sweat

17. That explains it! Thanks, Alewife! I never really collected the Lovelies, or anything in that size.