1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elfdoll Rainy Polaris (BW Elf Sooah) Discussion Thread

Nov 8, 2008

1. I have the older LB and SB Elfdoll bodies as well as the new body. I *love* the new Elfdoll body! It poses beautifully; stands right out of the box on carpeting! Her arms hold a pose well and she can touch her face. Go for it!

2. The new body poses beautifully. The only thing I don't like as well as the old body are the breasts but they look better in person than the initial pictures.

3. My Sooah (Queen Ellie) is on the old body and she stood right out of the box. I actually really love her body, it is a much more natural style than the new body. That said one of my pals has a Hazy, and she is just lovely.

4. She's beautiful~
      Just full pre-ordered her today, in fact. :)

5. I have two of the old elfdoll bodies, and I've never had a problem with either one of them as far as posing goes.
      This Polaris is a real beauty-wow!

6. Thanks everyone for the advice on the body! I don't mind the look of the newer breasts - I actually think they're a little more "elven" in being smaller.

7. ArvanahModray, that's a great pint about the breasts. I wasn't sure if I'd like the Sooah head on the new body since her head is bigger than my Hazy's but I stuck my Amerie's head on my Hazy's body and it was fine.

8. I love the new body. I had the old one before but didn't like the rolling ankles...mine never posed well maybe I was unlucky with that. I think the breasts are really similar to the old ones if you ignore where the joint is and squint your eyes you can see it. Since my girls don't hang out naked it doesn't make any difference to me :)

9. Well, I sold my Queen Ellie in lightning speed (and I am so grateful that she is going to someone who I feel will appreciate her) and I got in on the pre-order. Phew. That was a relief, I was really nervous that she was going to sell out before I could get her.

10. Excellent Stella Maris. I know Aurora sold out fast, I wonder how soon for Polaris.

11. I'm so excited Patrice, I really have a thing for elves. And Sooah. And Sooah WS. Therefore Polaris = perfect.

12. I'm leaning towards the name Loreley, as a sort of siren character or sea goddess of some kind. Still musing over details. What do you guys think?

13. Lorelei is very beautiful. I am thinking about keeping the name Polaris, as it is the name of one of my incredibly patient DH's favorite movies. Also I love it.

14. Lorelei is a nice name and certainly with her coloring she would work as a water or sea creature. I like the name Polaris.

Obviously with that name and Aurora Elfdoll is going with a celestial/sky theme in their names.

Mine's going to be named Cleena, a be a banshee although somewhat reformed in that regard.

15. I can't help but wonder whether the Junky Spot Elfdoll ws elves are going encompass the whole set of Rainman dolls, ie Red, Wu, Lydia etc.

I am really having to struggle with not getting this girl as an elder sister to my Aurora. I love Sooahs with soft faceups. And elf ears are just ....:aheartbea

An Elfdoll boy with elf ears would probably kill me.:D

16. I'm just hidding the Credit Card because Polaris is really gorgeous, and If she is like Aurora the pics dont show all her beauty... so sad my Aurora can´t have her twin sister, I can't afford her now

17. oh man... i hope not! but if they do, i'll have to tell myself only elf lydia and no others!

18. I'm really glad that dreamy vampire Red doesn't have those nice long ears, cause I'd totally end up buying him and removing the fangs... ><;

19. Ah... I'd be so tempted by an elf Lydia. I barely resisted Columbine and now failed miserably with Polaris. An elf K or Aden would be very nice.

20. I was thinking a Wu with wings would be cool the other day...well we can always hope.