1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elfdoll & Soom - New Dolls Emma & Spinel

Oct 29, 2007

1. Elfdoll's last few limiteds have been $770 so I guess that's what I was expecting.

FYI, Denver Doll has Emma (and you can do layaway) - and Dolls and Friends might get her, as she's gotten other limiteds in the past! :-)

2. They're not sold out yet - I think they hadn't yet gone on sale. Elfdoll.com has them, as does Denverdoll.com - not sure who else has them, but Dollsandfriends.com might...

3. soudane, Emma comes with this body type:
      http://dec66292.dreamweb.co.kr/shop/step1.php?number=344

The more photos are posted, the more I can´t help but fall for Emma. At first glance I thought she was all chin, but that was obviously just the pic´s angle.
      I really hope she´ll become available as a Standard edition, too.

4. Now I know why Emma looks so familar, she looks like the actress Olivia Hussey, she played in Romeo and Juliet early 1980's film. Spinel.....Super Gem body 65cm...yeah now that is what I like to hear, but the price.....I hope it won't be too bad.

5. The Super Gem body is AWESOME. :o It's exactly the sort of body I wanted for my poor floating Ryu head. Hopefully, since Soom already has an empty section for Super Gems, they'll release a basic version of the body so I can snatch it up without paying for one as a LE split. *_* I don't have that sort of cash!​

6. I want them both but not now. Why is Soom and Elfdoll torturing me so??? XD; I know that they are limited to 50 because of their set (faceup, wigs, eyes, makeup, clothes etc), but does that mean they'll become basic editions in the future, especially Soom's Spinel? I mean with Super Gem at 65cm (man, look at that hot body!), does this mean Soom has plans to release a Super Gem size line?

7. Funny you should say that, as there now is a note from the sculptor of Emma and they said they based it on the actress who played Juliet in a film released a year before they were born :lol:[/QUOTE]

I know, I was just at the Soom website putting Spinel on lay-away *$900.00 OUCH!*_* .......and I saw she was based on Juliet & couldn't belive it. I must have seen the same movie as the sculptor:)

8. Emma and Spinel is Released in Elfdoll :)

9. Thanks to Hobbysue's question on Q&A, I've learned that Spinel will be released as a basic in December! ^_________^

Now this gives me more time to save up for that body. :3

10. This might sound insane... but when I first saw this couple I thought they were bleh... then I went home and looked at my fiance and realized Spinel looks a crapload like him. >.<! Now I kinda want a Spinel just to say I have a mini-fiance LOL ... I'm imagining him at our wedding in a tux just like my Mark. :X

Someone talk me out of buying a character-less doll!!!

11. ...it's the reason I have a Sabik....he looks like my fiancee.... :lol: YAY Dec basic spinel! Can't wait!

12. Fiancee's that look like Sabik??? You guys are very lucky!!!

13. :lol: It's *probably* my fangirl mind...but I think he does XD I first saw the sabik mold and thought oh Conor's a doll =o :lol:

14. *dances in glee*
      Oh thank jeeebus! I was getting scared there for a bit...I really like that face, but the limited version is totally out of the question right now. Won't be able to get him until sometime late next year at the earliest, actually. @__@

...and 65 cm Soom Super Gem boys? :D Ohhh, I have a floating head that will be needing one of those bodies...or two...or three.*glee*

15. I really want Spinel, but I'm trying to save for a Dollstown boy and didn't want to buy the Spinel fullset if a basic was going to become available. I figured others were feeling the same way so left it as an open question, I'm glad other people found the Q&A, I haven't been able to access DoA. I love how Soom just tells you and doesn't beat around the bush. They're such a great company to deal with. Apparently Elfdoll hasn't decided if they will release a basic Emma. I can understand their decision as she's a very different sculpt for them, but I wish they'd just tell you, yes or no. I'll get Spinel eventually and I'd like exactly the same face-up as the special. He's gorgeous!

16. So there IS going to be a basic version of Spinel! Excellent - my wallet is safe for another month. :lol:

17. I wish I could get a fullset Spinel, but my doll budget is busted this year anyway :( His suit is great!

18. I'm a real Rainy fan, but so far, this pair is not moving me to open my wallet. Real pictures, rather than promos, could change my mind. It's been done before....again and again.

19. yes it's true : she looks like olivia hussey in romeo and juliet . I saw this movie a long time ago when I was 17 and I was in love with romeo and I thought that Juliet (Olivia) was so beautiful !:aheartbea :aheartbea now it's old story:lol: :lol:

20. here they are
      [​IMG]