1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elfdoll & Soom - New Dolls Emma & Spinel

Oct 29, 2007

1. I am so in love with Spinel!! He has got such a dreamy look! I am very happy to read in this thread that they might release him in general version, because the price for the full set is a bit painfull and I really don't like paying in installments. I was afraid that I might miss out on this boy but the news I read just now give me great hope. Of course I will never get him if my current doesn't sell. There must be only one guy in this house, at least for now. The character I have created doesn't tolerate competition:p

2. I must have neglected Soom for some time...
      GAAAAAH :o :drool Spinel is beautiful! And now I was almost sure I would get IH Ryushin plus a free sleeping head... then this guy shows up and makes me all confused, lol. He does look alot like Sabik, only his face is slightly shorter..? Sabik has great potential and is a realistic, beautiful sculpt- but he is way too tall! Mini boyfriends, lol... a 65cm dollie would fit perfect as my mini bf, compared to 60cm average :lol: :aheartbea

Gorgeous faceup, beautiful face, great body- only thing I am not sure about is the chin... but again lets hope that has to do with lights.
      Personally, I am not too fond of Emma, her nose and chin are too long and the shape of her nose and mouth is too "sharp" for my taste. (Luckily we all have different taste though, so we don't end up with identical dolls). Would have to plit up the couple then... and end up with another sulky and lovesick fellow, preparing to spend another fortune on a companion :roll:

3. I rather like the look of Emma, she looks very much like a Victorian portrait of the daughter of the house. It's nice to see the joint effort

4. I'm really intrigued by the Emma sculpt but I'm still not sure if I should bring her home. Anyone know if Elfdoll will release her as a basic set? I could do without the outfit as I would just sell it anyway. She is a bit of a masculine sculpt. She's definitely not "cute" and that maybe why I like her.

5. i love the emma face, and i do think she is a bit different from the other elfdoll girls, but i love them all! i can't wait to see her in person, or from owner pics!

6. I've asked on the Elfdoll Q&A board if they'll release Standard Emma, but the reply was a little confusing. Basically they're saying they have no plans to release her, but we will see her with a new body in March or April??? (yeah, I'm lost too)

I hope they release her...I'm looking to buy my first BJD, and my sights are set on her. I'll be devastated if she doesn't get released

7. Yeah, I see what you mean about confusing Chizzie_Shark, but I gues what they mean is that they are not going to release Emma as a standard version with the current body, BUT, she will be done as a standard version with the new body next year.*_*

Only a few more days til my Emma ships ( I hope )...waiting to find out about her Reminisce head....:roll:

8. Oh wow! Don't forget to put up some pics =D

9. I'll post pics alright!:)

I see a Spinel on Ebay already!! Anyone else get their Emma or Spinel?

My Emma hasn't shipped yet...:(
      Probably won't see her until after Christmas now...:(

10. I got my Spinel a couple of days ago. He is beautiful! There are a couple of pics up on the box opening thread if anyone is interested.

His resin is a light creamy colour, in some lights he almost looks like french resin! His faceup is to die for, and yes he looks a lot like Sabilk. He poses quite well, stood right out of the box, but I think his elastic need tightening in his arms*_* . Something I have no intention of doing on my own!

His hands and forearms are incredably detailed with muscles & veins. I love them, but I know some people don't. And he's got nice big feet;) :lol: .

I'ts gonna be interesting to see what the other people waiting think of him when he arrives. I know I'm delighted with him!

11. Yeah I only just saw the Spinel on eBay too! Too bad I've already ordered him - I ordered a basic version, since I don't like his Special faceup (no offence, witchypoo, but it just doesn't suit the Faramir role I have for him =P). And he's much cheaper ^^

Now we just have to hold our breaths until Emma ships.....=)

12. Here are my Emma and Spinel together.
      [​IMG]

13. Oh!! They look so beautiful together!! *o* I specially like how Spinel looks <3 And I adore his wig!!

14. Oh!!!!!
      Emma will be my first BJD doll.
      I waiting for her now.

15. patrice, your emma and spinel are gorgeous!!! spinel looks more handsome and versatile than i expected. (i knew emma would be beautiful..)

16. cat777, i think you picked a great doll for your first bjd. my emma arrived a couple of days ago and she is really beautiful. her dress is breathtaking.

17. Thanks, I've thrilled with both of them.

18. Thank you so much for your answer! I like Emma's face. I think it's gorgeous!
      I haven't seen BJD in person . And Emma'll be the first. ;)

19. hi! i am going to try and post pics of emma. i usually mess it up a few times.[​IMG]