1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elfdoll - Special Lyn, Sylf and Adel

Sep 1, 2007

1. Congrats on getting Adel!!! I just got Adel this past Thursday. She came with her moccasin shod feet. Today I was brave enough to change her feet to the barefoot ones. It was not that hard following Elfdoll's directions on their web site.
      http://elfdoll.com/board/view.php?board_name=DREAMBOARD4&choose2=&choose1=&pagenow=1&ID=4

Buy Mattel's Kelly/Tommy doll clothes for her... they look real cute.
      Wigs are size 3... I prefer the mohair or synthetic mohair wigs.

Teryl ;)

[​IMG]

2. Hi, Algesiras!! You are the reason that I got my little Adel. I had no idea that Efldoll made these other tinies until I saw your pics of Olivia!!

Hugs,
      Teryl ;)

3. Thanks, Teryl. I printed off those "attaching feet" instructions. Your girls look so cute. It looks like the Bratz kids outfits fit too, correct?
      Robin

4. Yes, you're right... they are wearing the Bratz Kidz outfits in the above pic of them sitting on my computer tower.

But, here, (below pic) they are wearing Kelly doll clothes on a Kelly doll bike.

[​IMG]

5. Dodo also seems to have a slightly rounder face and a wider mouth than Lin (at least mine does)

Lin
      [​IMG]

Dodo
      [​IMG]

Faceup does a huge amount to make them look different, though...the only changes on Jin with the new release was the faceup, but they look very different, the new Jin looks much more mature:

[​IMG]

Heidi Ott dollhouse clothing will also fit these girls, but are harder to come by than the Bratz Kids clothing. Kelly shoes will fit them, and Margarita and Rosa both make Elfdoll tiny size clothing and shoes.

6. Thanks so much for the pics Clochette!! Both dolls have big eyes compared to my Adel! Now I can see that the shape of their eyes is different.

I was trying to decide that since I ordered Lyn, would I need Dodo? Now, I guess I do! Each one is unique.

7. Clochette:
      Are the Black jeans that Jin is wearing Bratz??? or the Heidi Ott?? They fit perfectly!!

8. Actually, neither....they're jeans that Elfdoll used to make for these dolls. The top is an upsidedown skirt from a vinyl doll <G>. The dress is also from Elfdoll...it's been quite a while since they made any clothing for that size. Lin is wearing Heidi Ott (including the shoes) and Dodo is wearing Bratz Kids. Honestly, though, the jeans Margarita makes fit just as well:

[​IMG]
      All three are wearing Margarita jeans/pants.

Dodo is typically a "grail" doll, since she seldom comes up for auction. It took me almost two years to find mine. I wish you luck on your quest.

9. Ack!! ack ack.

I sold my original trio to Griffonfeathers (*waves to Wendy*) and as I've been sorting tiny doll clothes this weekend kept thinking how fun they were and how I kinda miss them...

Like I need more dolls!! ;)

:D

10. I accidently ordered Adel ... well we all know tinies and layaway doesnt count (its established rules)

11. Hah... who'd've guessed.... upside down skirt??? Very clever. I do have some skirts that are tooo short for Min and Adel, now they won't be a total waste.
      I think that these tiny girls are going to have to make me start sewing for them! (and I used to think that sewing for Barbie size dolls was tiny..hah!)

12. I know how difficult this is... I kept trying to decide between Lyn and Sylf... couldn't do it so am getting both. Figured that I need to see them in person to really decide!

13. One more question, Clochette...
      Is Min's hair in this pic a wig or is it glued hair onto the head cap?? I just love this look for her.

Thanks,
      Teryl ;)

[​IMG]

14. got to admit I have always though Lyn and Dodo very close in sculpts
      but Dodo has rounder eyes
      but have never seen them side by side

hate the new look ...but had to order one ..
      RainMan Lust ...orderd his piggy , Soah and Lyn
      I dont have Lyn ...(I was writeing too quick ...Im not supposed to be on the PC bloody headache )
      Im missing DOA :aheartbea

it wont take much to strip and re-wig :)

sigh I love my tiny Elf

15. Here are the faces of the Elfdoll initial releases (the re-releases have different faceups, hair, clothes, and sometimes special feet). Click on each for a different photo:

http://www.gigglegeek.dk/dollelfdoll.htm

Carolyn

16. It's the original glued-on hair...so is Dodo's, and I have original hair caps for my Sylphs (though Nissa isn't wearing hers in the pic, she has a brown wig on). I really, really love the glued-on hair, especially on the Monnaemi sisters. My Jins/Bong have wigs, unfortunately.

Carolyn, I find it interesting on the gigglegeek page that they have Winky but not Wendy. It must have been updated since her release, since Hana is on there. Odd.

17. I'm so glad that Adel is available again; she's my favorite. I love Dodo too, but was too late to snag one.

18. Whilst looking at Alice the pig on saturday (and deciding not to get one) i saw Lyn and she has bugged me ever since so just a few hours a ago i bit the bullet and ordered her. I am so pleased i did now after seeing all the pics of Elfdolls tinies..........:aheartbea

19. I'm very tempted to get Adel as Abigail (my Min) could use a little sister. But I only bought a new doll last month, so I need to watch it a bit.

Ugh, I worry that if I don't get her now, I'll miss my chance forever :(