1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elfdoll - Special Lyn, Sylf and Adel

Sep 1, 2007

1. Hi, I admire your will power!
      Unless you really wanted Adel in her pink outfit and wig... I don't think that you will miss out on her in the future... I see that she and her sisters (Lyn and Sylf) have been re-released by Elfdoll a few times.

2. this is my Adel -Tinuviel
      strangely enough , she is one of the very few I have heard about whos head was much whiter than her body

[​IMG]

you dont notic though ...only when she is nakie :)

3. Tinybear, was your Tinuviel the Adel that originally came with the flower print fabric dress and matching flower print fabric hat?

4. Here's my Adel and MinDelRe wearing new wigs from BJDollarama. It is the "Short Bob" wigs and I think that it is the same wig that the new Adel on the Elfdoll site is wearing too.
      [​IMG]

5. I like that short bob - thanks for posting that! I need a wig for Lyn that has bangs; I have one extra without bangs, and it just looks odd on her.

Kim

6. Beautiful photos again and love those wigs

no my Adel is the later one with the elf outfit and resin pixie boots

7. My Adel is the same version that you have. I think she looks good in red, brunette or blonde wigs. I tried darker wigs and I think her skintone is too fair for them.

I still call her "Adel", but will find another name for her soon.

8. hello, This is the closest thing to an Elfdoll Special Tiny thread I could find, and I wanted to post about my Adel. I just got the newest version of Adel, and she is wonderful. She was on layaway for quite a while :) But she is now home, and I did make an opening arrival thread:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204038

I think I'll PAY to have my next one delivered with the clothing on, LOL. Man, she isn't getting redressed for a while (well, not until tomorrow at least, LOL)

Here she is :love

[​IMG]

I know, she is fuzzy, LOL - And yes, I did drink it all, LOL. I'm a Diet coke finatic, and I'm sure I'll be paying for it :P

Thanks for looking!

Ingie

9. Well, within 24 hours of getting Adel, I stupidly left her on the couch while I quickly took my daughter up the street. Of course, my $%#@&) dog got to her in those moments and chewed off her hand! He has a thing for doll hands, as my daughter's brand new kelly doll got her hands and feet chewed off only days before! I don't know how I could have been so stupid, honestly! My only excuse is that I was side tracked by my girl, grrrrr.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get a new lower arm and hand the next time Elfdoll manufactures, but in the mean time, Adel couldn't sit around maimed without any doctoring, so I gave it an attempt. Unfortunately, I really couldn't figure out exactly which way the two pieces of the lower arm went together. I super glued the pieces together the best way I could. I think the look of it mismatching is from it being chipped and probably deformed from being chewed on. The hand I put on is from the optional fists. She is much happier with me, and while we were at it, we put on the bare feet. To top it off, we put on a new bratz kidz outfit that she really likes (and fits her well) The top is kind of off center, so there is now straightening it out :)

Well, here are my photos of her "repair" (not really a repair, more of a bandaid)

After she was found, she looked like this, minus the glued lower portion. The chord is stuck inside the lower arm somewhere.

[​IMG]

I needed to get that chord, so I put a toothpick between the lower arm and upper arm, between the two sections of chords. Then I had to tug at the lower arm until it came free. It must be a tight fit there with those arms being so small! The chords had to sit just so to fit through the slot in the ball section of the joint.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

At this point, I just had to thread the thin fishing wire that comes with the add on parts (like the extra hands and feet) through the chord, then through the lower arm, pull (hard) and tie it off at the wrist of the extra fist hand that I used. Finally, she was semi whole again!

[​IMG]

While I was at it, I decided to replace her high heels with bare feet, and then we changed her outfit to the Bratz Kidz outfit we just got in the mail from ebay :D

[​IMG]

So minus the scare, I'm a happy camper again because at least I can play with my Adel again. Maybe she'll tell me her name now???

Thanks for looking :)

Ingie

10. Ok, so I'm constantly writing to myself in this thread, eh? Nobody into Elfdoll Tinies since Puki came around I take it, LOL.

BUT, I just came up with my Adel's name and wanted to anounce it. She will now be known as Tickles :D

Thanks for looking, LOL
      Ingie

11. Im working far too hard ! I cant get to DOA when I like ...and my Daugher is running off with my laptop ...so I cant get on on an Evening ...so less DOA time!

be glad when her PC gets back from repair I can get back on DOA MORE !

Love her name ..suits her :)

12. Aw. Trinket's a wonderful name! I still haven't named my Adel. I don't have any Pukis to distract me, but my life has been on overload lately. Maybe she'll tell me what her name is soon.

13. Now Im starting to feel bad
      I havent named my Jaime doll , or my Hujoo ....mmmhhh time to have a think whilst Im on my Coffee break

14. Good luck with the hand and arm. At least a year ago (if not longer) , I was asking on their forum for a new hand for my Dodo whose had a tough life. They said they would get back to me a few times but I got squat. They cater to the bigger dolls in the area of replacement parts.

15. Oh shoot, that's sounds bad. Well, I think what I simply must do is stay on top of it and when they do finally cast the tiny parts again, make sure I spam them for parts!

Stupid me, Trinket was the beautiful name that started getting me to think of names for my dolls. It was late last night, LOL and I forgot, it was Miss' doll's name,and went ahead and used it, LOL. I meant to use something else, so now her name is Tickles. I know there is no copyright on a doll's name, but I don't want to directly copy a name. It's less magical that way, LOL. I may end up using Trinket some day, but only after I forget Miss had it, LOL.

What can I say, it was late and I have the memory of a fish :P

Gosh, I sure hope I CAN get Adle whole again??!! grrrr

Ingie

16. aww poor one with her hand chewed off, that must have been annoying to come home to. but good thing you had fist hands (i have them too, never use them but it's nice to have them).

well i hope elfdoll.com is cooperative, if i were you i would just stay on top of it, as you say, tell them you need a lower arm and hand! good luck!

17. Amen! I will! Going there now..... LOL
      Ingie

18. Well, since I have 12 Elfdoll tinys and only 2 Pukis, I don't think that's the case. I just haven't had much to contribute, I guess. My Sylphs/Lyn/Adele were from the first and second runs.

My group...all except the dark haired Soah :)

[​IMG]

I'm glad you were able to repair your girlie. I've actually had luck with Elfdoll as far as that's gone...Ms. Cholong personally took the foot off their display Hana Devil to replace the one my Chandi had lost. Perhaps it was because I was at the Elfdoll store, but I'm not sure about that...she seems to really go out of her way to make the customers happy.

Rosa, were you ever able to get a replacement hand? I would think they'd have the extras now that they've done a couple of re-releases. Perhaps you can contact Ms. Cholong directly?

19. Oh, I'm swooning!!!! You're my kinda lady!!! WoW what a wonderful family you have there!! I love ALL your dollies, but the tinies are really to drool over, LOL. Please spam pictures any time, I would love to see closeups of each one!!

Do you live in Korea? Is that how you got to go to the Elfdoll store? I was just looking at photos Rainman put up of the visit of Charles, his partner in the Piggy dollies, and Korea looks exactly like Los Angeles! I feel like, if I ever got to go, I'd probably feel right at home! And the spring flowers are so nice! Here too!

Please, more pics :D

Hugs!
      Ingie

20. No, I'm in San Diego. There's an Elfdoll store near Pasadena, just north of Los Angeles, and they have regular events (there was one just yesterday, in fact). Ms. Cholong is the US Rep for Elfdoll, and a sweeter person would be difficult to find. She really does go above and beyond to make customers happy. I really like the Elfdoll tinys...it was a Sylph (PamSD's Arianna) that inspired me to get my first tiny (Fee), and it was all over after that. I still hope for a male Elfdoll tiny, though probably in vain.

I've never been to Korea, though I have been to Japan and Hong Kong. One day, hopefully :)