1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elfdoll - Special Lyn, Sylf and Adel

Sep 1, 2007

1. Oh my goodness, I live in Los Angeles! LOL I could GO there!!! Oh dear, what would happen if I go there??? LOL Trouble for certain!!!

Wow, I just looked it up and it's in Glendale, even closer to where I live!!!!! Oh boy! My daughter wants me to take her to little tolyo, and I'm too lazy, but now.... LOL.... I wanna go too! (not too far from eachother, LOL)

Yippppeeeeeeeee

Thanks so much for the info, I never saw the USA elfdoll site!!!

I hope some day things will be better with us too, and we will definately visit as much of the world as possible. I hope to see Japan, Korea, and Thailand the most :) I have friends I grew up with with family histories to those locations, so they've always been in my heart, plus Sweeden and the Ukraine are another pair of want to sees (and hopefully many more in between) But alas life hasn't given us the luxery.... yet, I'm always hopefull, LOL.

ingie

Ingie

2. I wanted to show reason #1 for finding a good seamstress to make your doll clothes, LOL. I decided to make a dress for my Adel. So I got out some of my materials, chose the pink silk and pink lace I had (although I knew the pattern was far too large) And I tried to sew the parts together but the machine ate the material up, so I had to hand sew it. Now understand, this is my best attempt, and here is the result.

[​IMG]

Pretty bland and mediocre. I figure If I try this again, I'm going to have to find better supplies. I think the silk was ok, just the lace is wrong. I don't know where to get lace that would work, maybe just some netting that I see people use?? Oh well, maybe I'll try again in a year, LOL
      Ingie

3. sweetie its great !

get yourself some freychecker ...or if you havent got that PVA glue mixed with water and freycheck the seams ...
      this makes them stiffer ...so they arnt swallowed up

when your looking for material try fine cotton lace ..its always a little more expensive but it drapes better

but I think your first try is great ..and Im loveing the colour

4. Many thanks you's to you TB! I will try that! I kinda feel like having another go, LOL. Maybe I'll stop by Joanne's when I get my kid in a few... LOL

I appreciate your sharing tricks :)

Love Ingie

5. This is why I feel safer crocheting for tinies!
      I could hear your poor sewing machine choking now!
      I do love the color of the silk and lace for your Adel.:lol:

6. Oh if only I could crochet! But I did just buy three outfits from BlueDollyKiss that look adoreable. Also, I've been looking at your stuff, th1, especially the puki jumper, it's so incredibly cute!! I'm going to start budgeting for clothes now, and less dolls. I want to finish my "planned" dolls and then accessorize. Only problem is, I'm falling in love with a doll that's too big and not in my plan. Big nono, need to stick to my plan, and enjoy other dolls from afar, or else I'll just be hording tons of dolls, and not enjoying them :)

7. Nice to know some of the clothes that fit them. Do you know what size wig Jin wears.