1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elfdoll to Discontinue Standard Boy Body DISCUSSION THREAD

Oct 3, 2007

1. I bit the bullet and ordered my Mir with the short body from Elfdoll. I just got done paying all my layaways except one on which I owe a small amount of money because the doll is late and I didn't want to pay it all off till the doll actually came. Really don't want to take on another layaway and also don't want the worry of thinking they might accidentally order me the wrong body.

Elfdoll makes some very neat dolls but they really do some Arrrrghhh! marketing things sometimes.

2. Well, Dollsandfriends got the notice the day after they placed their October order (which is already done). Denver Dolls also already placed their order. Neither have them in stock. Seems the options for layaway are gone, and all that remains is a direct order from Elfdoll before the 14th or 15th.

3. I think a lot of Reds are going to be showing up here soon ^_^

Even though I'm not even sure I want a Wu anymore, I really was kinda hoping he could be on a short body because it fits the character better. But I can't afford him right now. I guess I'm out of luck.

4. Oh! Thaks awfully! I didn't see this information on Elfdoll site, so I could loose my chance to order Red in nirmal-body version.

5. They're probably actually going to lose some business from discontinuing the shorter bodies. Not everyone is going to want a super tall doll. I don't plan on ever having anything higher than 60/61cm. And without money to just throw down right now, unfortunately I've had to change my plans and will no longer be buying a Red as previously planned.

6. I have to wonder if I was how they got word... I contacted them to find out which body I would get, and between when I did so and when I got a response the page changed. But she was able to add me to the order, thank goodness. And thank goodness for long layaways.

I'm also glad I've realized that even the tall body will leave my other planned Elfdoll shorter than the rest of the characters from his story.

7. Aw, man... I really want a Wu, but I'm in no position to buy him right now, and I don't like the taller body as much. I could make do with him being taller, since I didn't have shortness planned as a part of his character, but I'm concerned about finding clothes that fit him. :(

8. There was a comparison thread here awhile ago, but i do believe most of the added height is in the legs. So any pants made for "long-legged boys", like Iplehouse, should probably do

9. I ordered my red from Denver Dolls a few days ago, just in time as their order was about to go through. She said she managed to add me on though, so I get to do layaway and get my boy the shorter body like he's supposed to have. I wish Elfdoll would keep the shorter bodies but they must think they'll save/make mroe money this way or something, not sure.

10. I've got a Red on layaway at Dolls and Friends, 60cm. So I'm good. :) Question, tho', any thoughts on what is prompting this? Are taller dolls just more in vogue? :huh?:

11. It's probably expensive to keep two bodies in production. Also, I would guess that the taller/more "manly" body is what's "in" at this time, to go with the general trend towards more mature, realistic, "fashion"-type BJDs as opposed to the "boys and girls" that were popular a couple of years ago.

I'm not keen on every body out there having long legs. Real people don't ALL have long legs, and the length of some legs, like the Domuya Fin Supermodel legs, is just way out there in terms of unrealistic proportions. The ordinary legs on that doll already look like a supermodel without even longer limbs being tacked on.

Anyway, I just paid for my Standard Mir with a normal head and short body so I'm all set. I hope Elfdoll sends me the right body and head.

12. I've been wanting to do this for quite some time now, since K was released in fact, but have been procrastinating. I also don't quite know how to title it in the MP, so I thought I'd mention it here first.

I have a Wu with the standard body, and I would really love him to get the longer-leg body, as his character is just supposed to be that bit taller than everyone else. I would like to put in an order at Elfdoll for a full doll (the head is chosen by the buyer, with or without make-up, etc), have it shipped to me (which I'll pay for), swap the bodies over (River's body still looks brand new), and then have the full doll with standard body shipped on to the buyer (which they will pay for).

I have 100% feedback on Ebay, good feedback on here, have done a doll swap before, sold dolls on, etc etc. If anyone is interested, please do let me know! I'll go to the MP otherwise (as my boy is due back soon with his new face-up, and I'd like to get this for him asap), but I wanted to post here first so interested parties could see it.

Thanks! ^^

13. I wish everything hadn't moved towards bigger is better--not that I dislike the taller dolls, but it gets tough if you need a specific sized body for a character. I got a shorter Elf doll body off the marketplace recently, and I love it. He's in between the size of my 60cm guys and my Serendipity hybrid.

14. Grrrrrrrr -- where were you before the end of October! Could'a saved me a chunk o'change!

15. Possibly too busy spending my own money on wedding plans ^^;

16. Elfdoll is selling their bodies separately again during this month's Reminisce event, it does include the short bodies.

17. What the heck? Why do they "quit" making standard bodies if they... don't? o___o I'll just ask Elfdoll if I could get the standard body for my WU. The taller body isn't that bad but the hands are WAY TOO short. Looks stupid.

18. Well, they announced that they were going to discontinue them for January, and it's not January yet. ^_^;

Whenever you buy a doll from their site, there's a dropdown box that asks you what type of body you want. It's still there until next year.

*edit: I stand corrected. oO They're offering them for their reminisce heads and for separate sale, but not their other dolls. Weird.

19. No, originally they announced they were discontinuing the bodies by the end of NOVEMBER. And with only 2 weeks to order them, during the first half of the month.

I guess they probably counted up the requests they had coming in, but still. This type of business plan sucks for people who jumped on a more expensive option rather than leaving it to chance.