1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elfdoll to Discontinue Standard Boy Body DISCUSSION THREAD

Oct 3, 2007

1. Actually it says they're discontinuing the standard body by the end of December. I'd quote it to here IF only I could find the information again (the site is REALLY confusing).

//
      There isn't. Well for GIRL BODIES there is but not for boys. You can check that out yourself. .___.

2. Ah, yes, I remember now. I reread their announcement and forgot their initial one... *nods* As dearly as I love their sculpts, I can say that I've never been satisfied with their conduct. It's generally quite abrupt and...strange.

I'm hoping to wrangle a short body from D&F, but if not I'll settle for a tall one. I really, really like the short ones, so it's a shame that left us so quickly.

3. Yon, if you reread my post, I corrected myself already. :)

4. Decided to sell the short body I have rather than try to get a split with anyone, it's just not working. I was going to do this anyway this week, I don't know if I've timed this right or not -.- Anyway! Selling the standard body for $450 including shipping anywhere, PM if you're interested! ^_^

5. asd sorry, this is just so frustrating. Now I don't want the taller body at all. The arms are just so... weird.

Also I don't understand why they wouldn't make the shorter body for my WU as they say Wu and Red have the standard bodies. ://

6. Wu and Red had the standard body originally, K was then released with the taller body as I guess so many people asked for a taller one. They've now *supposedly* stopped selling the standard body completely, but are selling it for this event.

All basic dolls will be discontinued in January and they'll only be selling fullsets, which is a real shame.

7. The shorter body is one of the most natural looking boy bodies I've ever seen. :E Its anatomy looks so real. Many BJD bodies have too short arms, but I guess no one really pays attention to that. xD

Do you think it's stupid to ask EF if they could send me the short body (actually I already asked it but...). It's not my fault they don't make their information clear enough.

8. I have a taller boy for my K SS, and the only thing I don't like about it is the slightly short arms. The arms are within the realm of normalacy in proportions, but are definately on the short side. The rest of the body is well crafted, and I like it quite a bit. :) I do find it unfortunate that they discontinued the standard body, however.

I do wish they were clearer in their information, however.

Good luck!

~Anrui

PS: I'm getting a Reminesence K head (that's the plan, anyway) Do you want me to order a standard body with it?

9. That'd be so complicated. :( I just want to have my Wu ASAP, but now I don't know if I want him at all with the taller body...

Maybe I'll cancel my order if I won't be able to get the short body. This really sucks.

10. PMing you Yon.

11. I found my capture file of the original notice, and the news thread, and it was by the end of October, not November. They probably did have "consumer input" to deal with!

That's crappy about only selling full sets. I suppose that means you don't have an option to get dolls without faceups either!

I just emailed someone I know who is looking for the shorter body. Me, I'd like to get a Rem. K head. The only ones coming up recently had the limited faceup, and I couldn't bring myself to get one of those just to wipe it bare!

12. It was my understanding that they were still selling the basic dolls, but wouldn't offer all of them in a month's time, maybe every two or three months. The only ones fully discontinued are Ryung and Soah. So they'll still have them, but we'll have to wait a few months rather than half a month.

I love my boy's short body, and I'm really glad I have it now. ^_^

Yep, I want one, too. I don't have a K and might not for awhile, but I want to get the sleeping head while it's offered. The ordering period is supposedly now, but they're still listed as free. I just put one in my cart and the price is still $0.00. I'm sure it's a mistake, and I wouldn't feel right sending the order, so I hope they fix it soon.

13. Isn't this its first release? :? Or are you talking about the K SS head?

Sorry, just curious. :)

I went ahead and sent the order, but I'm expecting an adjustment anytime. Ms. Cholong (Elfdoll showroom propriator) seemed to think I might qualify for the head anyway due to me having the previous limited K head, but I guess I will see. ^_^ I also ordered one of those head stands, they look really cool. :D

~Anrui

14. They're apparently releasing standard versions of all the dolls (except Ryung and Soah) every 3-4 months. So the next time, after December, when they'll be available is March-April. Apparently ALL their dolls are getting new bodies as well - at least Emma will.

I'm hoping their new bodies don't change too much - I like them as they are.

15. That's what I would have thought, but I actually asked when it was first announced and this is what she said

"Hello, Lisa

Standard line will be closed after Dec,2007 and we'll sell dolls only as special full set.
      We think you can meet doll's new style every month.

You might consider this sale of existing dolls by full set.

Thanks for your concern.

Best regards,
      Alice."

So yeah, if you're thinking of getting a basic doll, I'd get it asap :/

16. That directly contradicts what their announcement says. :sweat

Sometimes I think we are losing info in translation. :/

"3. Elfdoll is currently selling the standard version dolls every month. But, after January 1st 2008, Elfdoll will provide the standard version dolls only every 3~4 months."

I guess we will see which it is. :sweat

~Anrui

17. *nod* Exactly my thoughts. Perhaps it's even going to be a mix of the two - Fullsets every month and standard every 3-4 months. Either way, it's a fair old wait if you want the basic doll.

18. Elfdoll just answered me and said they can send me the shorter body. Maybe it's because they're selling old bodies only for a few days (?) so it doesn't really matter whether they start making a shorter or taller body for me.

But I'm VERY pleased now!

19. Excellent. :) I'm glad that worked out for you. :D

~Anrui